List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did we offer Mitchell roughly by reports?
I've never seen any source to support us offering him anything near that, I'd very much love to see one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also to all the supporters who don't see a problem with us not trading in players for four or five seasons, this is what happens. Your list gets older, your older players fall of a cliff quickly, some younger players step up but not at the same rate the older blokes drop off, the team goes backwards rapidly.

Trading in players is essential to keeping the list revitalized and at the top of their game. Its how we have stayed so competitive for so long. When players start to wind up you bring in ready to go replacements from other clubs and mix in a few kids.

Its ok if the Mumford's and Nankervis' and Mitchel's and Membrey's and Lloyd's leave as long as you are bringing in one or two replacements. As it stands we have not and now we are paying heavily for it.

Also to all the supporters who don't see a problem with us not trading in players for four or five seasons, this is what happens. Your list gets older, your older players fall of a cliff quickly, some younger players step up but not at the same rate the older blokes drop off, the team goes backwards rapidly.

Trading in players is essential to keeping the list revitalized and at the top of their game. Its how we have stayed so competitive for so long. When players start to wind up you bring in ready to go replacements from other clubs and mix in a few kids.

Its ok if the Mumford's and Nankervis' and Mitchel's and Membrey's and Lloyd's leave as long as you are bringing in one or two replacements. As it stands we have not and now we are paying heavily for it.

Yep everyone is tradeable. Been a while since we did a Dempster/Schneider type aggresssive move

And you can’t wait until guys are worth nothing to shift them either

For instance at their age if fit Reid and Hannebery are great trade pieces, also have to open to trading a Mills or even a florent if it’s the right deal

No one would take 4 years of buddy and he is our highest player and I still argue our best when fit, so we should e building around him, not developing slowly via the draft with him

We need to reset our expectations and list and gear up for a tilt in 2 years.
So lets blow up the list.

Buddy+ Lloyd (if he's said he is going for more $$) and a steaknives player (Newman) to Carlton for the No 1 pick.

Spend it on Walsh.
01-Sam-Walsh.jpg

POS: Midfielder, Ht 183cm, Wt 74kg, DOB 2/7/00
From Geelong Falcons/Vic Country

There is not much more Walsh could have done so far in his draft season. He has dominated at every level he's played, including at the championships, where he averaged 29.5 disposals for Vic Country as its sole captain for most of the carnival and claimed the Larke Medal as the best player in division one. Walsh is as consistent as he is committed: he backs up every week and is happy to do the team things, such as play more of an inside role due to requirements, if it helps his side. He uses the ball well by foot, likes to push forward and kick a goal, has a strong endurance base and is prepared to put his head over it. There's very few concerns with him as a prospect.

We get Blakey with our pick.
07-Nick-Blakey.jpg

POS: Tall forward/midfielder, Ht 195cm, Wt 80kg, DOB 27/2/00
From Sydney Swans Academy/Allies

A viral infection floored Blakey early in the championships, sending him to hospital and seeing him lose four kilos. He returned and grew into the carnival, booting two goals for the Allies against South Australia last week and playing a dominant role in the midfield in Wednesday's loss to Western Australia. Blakey is a unique size and shape. He plays generally as a marking half-forward given his height, but he is quick to collect the ball and snap it on his left side and showed he would be tough to contain in the midfield. Blakey will join the Swans as an Academy player on draft night.

Trade Hanners for either of these three guys if at all possible (like he comes back and looks good). Not sure who else we have that would get one of these three here....Rohan/Fox combo?

14-Curtis-Taylor.jpg

POS: Half-forward/midfielder, Ht 186cm, Wt 79kg, DOB 6/4/00

Taylor showed his class in Vic Metro's win over Vic Country in the third round of the championships, when he slotted three goals in a polished display. He has spent most of this year playing in attack for the Calder Cannons, where his kicking and goal sense stands up. But Taylor also flicks through the midfield at times and has shown in smaller snippets that he has the awareness and agility to make an impact further up the ground.

11-Jackson-Hately.jpg

POS: Midfielder, Ht 190cm, Wt 81kg, DOB 21/10/00
From Central District/South Australia

It has been an excellent year for Hately, who has pushed himself up draft rankings with a run of top performances. Hately, a big-bodied midfielder, has starred at senior level in the SANFL, regularly gathering high disposals and floating forward to hit the scoreboard. He seems likely to be a first-round pick at the draft and does most things well as a midfield option.
:
16-Riley-Collier-Dawkins.jpg

POS: Midfielder, Ht 193cm, Wt 88kg, DOB 3/2/00
From Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

Collier-Dawkins has grown on plenty of recruiters across the year, having literally grown plenty in recent years. After a growth spurt he is now 193cm, making him one of the tallest midfielders in the draft and someone to dig in at the stoppages. The Oakleigh Charger has played well at TAC Cup level and can drift forward and be a marking target there,

3 of them and we are ready to win the lot in a two years with Rampe, Heeney, Parker, Papley, AA, Mills, Florent, Hayward, Reid, Melican and Ronke, COR as senior players.

We need to reset our expectations and list and gear up for a tilt in 2 years.
So lets blow up the list.

Buddy+ Lloyd (if he's said he is going for more $$) and a steaknives player (Newman) to Carlton for the No 1 pick.

Spend it on Walsh.
01-Sam-Walsh.jpg

POS: Midfielder, Ht 183cm, Wt 74kg, DOB 2/7/00

There is not much more Walsh could have done so far in his draft season. He has dominated at every level he's played, including at the championships, where he averaged 29.5 disposals for Vic Country as its sole captain for most of the carnival and claimed the Larke Medal as the best player in division one. Walsh is as consistent as he is committed: he backs up every week and is happy to do the team things, such as play more of an inside role due to requirements, if it helps his side. He uses the ball well by foot, likes to push forward and kick a goal, has a strong endurance base and is prepared to put his head over it. There's very few concerns with him as a prospect.

We get Blakey with our pick.
07-Nick-Blakey.jpg

POS: Tall forward/midfielder, Ht 195cm, Wt 80kg, DOB 27/2/00
From Sydney Swans Academy/Allies

A viral infection floored Blakey early in the championships, sending him to hospital and seeing him lose four kilos. He returned and grew into the carnival, booting two goals for the Allies against South Australia last week and playing a dominant role in the midfield in Wednesday's loss to Western Australia. Blakey is a unique size and shape. He plays generally as a marking half-forward given his height, but he is quick to collect the ball and snap it on his left side and showed he would be tough to contain in the midfield. Blakey will join the Swans as an Academy player on draft night.

Trade Hanners for either of these three guys if at all possible (like he comes back and looks good). Not sure who else we have that would get one of these three here....Rohan/Fox combo?

14-Curtis-Taylor.jpg

POS: Half-forward/midfielder, Ht 186cm, Wt 79kg, DOB 6/4/00

Taylor showed his class in Vic Metro's win over Vic Country in the third round of the championships, when he slotted three goals in a polished display. He has spent most of this year playing in attack for the Calder Cannons, where his kicking and goal sense stands up. But Taylor also flicks through the midfield at times and has shown in smaller snippets that he has the awareness and agility to make an impact further up the ground.

11-Jackson-Hately.jpg

POS: Midfielder, Ht 190cm, Wt 81kg, DOB 21/10/00
From Central District/South Australia

It has been an excellent year for Hately, who has pushed himself up draft rankings with a run of top performances. Hately, a big-bodied midfielder, has starred at senior level in the SANFL, regularly gathering high disposals and floating forward to hit the scoreboard. He seems likely to be a first-round pick at the draft and does most things well as a midfield option.
:
16-Riley-Collier-Dawkins.jpg

POS: Midfielder, Ht 193cm, Wt 88kg, DOB 3/2/00
From Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro

Collier-Dawkins has grown on plenty of recruiters across the year, having literally grown plenty in recent years. After a growth spurt he is now 193cm, making him one of the tallest midfielders in the draft and someone to dig in at the stoppages. The Oakleigh Charger has played well at TAC Cup level and can drift forward and be a marking target there,

3 of them and we are ready to win the lot in a two years with Rampe, Heeney, Parker, Papley, AA, Mills, Florent, Hayward, Reid, Melican and Ronke, COR as senior players.

Trading out a top 5 player in the comp to make a push in only 2 years? Wut

If everyone had listened to me in regards to keeping Tippet, this team would be on top of the table this year but no everyone wanted the best player of our team out for some reason. I prove myself right again.

Trading out a top 5 player in the comp to make a push in only 2 years? Wut

Between McCartin,Reid, Parker, Hayward, Ronke, Papley and Blakey we'll have the forward line more than covered. With the player(s) we bring in we might even be able to deliver it to them. We need some clarsh in the midfield.
Buddy isn't a top 5 player anymore* and won't be getting any better. Though would galvanise Carlton's list alongside Lloyd and take the heat off their rebuild.

You gotta give something to get something.

* Players ahead of Buddy: Cripps, Fyfe, Gawn, Tich, Danger, (there could be a few more)

If everyone had listened to me in regards to keeping Tippet, this team would be on top of the table this year but no everyone wanted the best player of our team out for some reason. I prove myself right again.
I hope this is really

Just call a presser on Monday at leave please mate

You are outdated

I hope this is really

Just call a presser on Monday at leave please mate

You are outdated
That's be the worst decision by this club since Tippet. I am the best coach in the league. I have taken this club to a Premiership, 3 Grand Finals and never once missed the finals. My record speaks for itself. The reality is my tactics have kept this team afloat otherwise we'd be bottom four this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back