List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not going to clog up the thread by quoting my entire post I wrote on this previously, but the TLDR is that the AFL draft pick valuations are flawed.

Picks 50-70 total 3145 points, and pick 1 is 3000 points. Will players 50-70 play more games than pick 1? Statistically it is as close as you can get to a certainty.

Would any team trade pick 1 for picks 50-70? No.

This is actually good timing as it is a sneak preview of my next List Management 101 post - Episode 6: The 3 types of list management currency
Actually, I believe your theory is flawed. I would suggest that if you went back to the drafts that occurred 10 years or more ago you would actually find that the total games played by the players drafted from 50 - 70 would actually be HIGHER than the player taken at number 1. There have been many players taken after pick 50 that have played over 200 games. James Hird isn't a bad example.

Honestly I knew he wasn't going anywhere but just the fact he shut it down on social media so vehemently. He didn't have to do that, not common to see from players. Feeling very proud to have him at the club right about now (and always)

Actually, I believe your theory is flawed. I would suggest that if you went back to the drafts that occurred 10 years or more ago you would actually find that the total games played by the players drafted from 50 - 70 would actually be HIGHER than the player taken at number 1. There have been many players taken after pick 50 that have played over 200 games. James Hird isn't a bad example.
That is exactly what I said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mind you it is a good way to throw everyone off the scent if he is going......:p

Didn't Mitchell tell a Swans fan at the presentation he was staying.

Anyway this is huge it instantly changes the mindset of a club in crisis where everyone is unhappy. Solid move, give him the captaincy if Kennedy wants to step aside.

Didn't Mitchell tell a Swans fan at the presentation he was staying.

Anyway this is huge it instantly changes the mindset of a club in crisis where everyone is unhappy. Solid move, give him the captaincy if Kennedy wants to step aside.

Bit different to a post that’s online and everyone can see versus something you can easily deny (and maybe didn’t happen).

I'm surprised delistings haven't been announced yet, lots of clubs are extremely quick off the mark as soon as the season is over. Obviously there are reasons not to announce while the NEAFL side are still playing, but they are now finished as well

We are the best at developing players. That's why we've been in finals 15 of last 16 years. It's also why we have the best rookie conversion. Our game plan when first used gave us an edge. No team was as fierce at the contest. But now most are. That edge is gone. Horses answer is to be better at being fierce at the contest- but there is only so far a team can improve at that before it gives no pay day. Also it's virtually impossible to have that high ferocity and maintain it. That's why we had 4 losses in a row followed by 4-5 wins and then a disappointing final. Can't maintain it!! Pretty clear. Players are being asked to maintain something they simply can't execute. That would cause discontent amongst players and in all liklihood has. At the same time we've ceased to be a destination club. When was the last time we were nominated by high end player? Answer: Buddy. The other players in competition likewise recognise our game plan is dead and no longer want to attach.

I feel we do need to change or the potential is it will get ugly.
Nailed it. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back