List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is already a done deal from my sources.
Don't forget to come back after we don't get him and say nah doesn't matter he was s**t anyway, back our list management they are elite, lol at ___ club for overpaying for Wines

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I hope not.

Our list is the best in afl because we've concentrated on drafting and development and only traded when someone wants to leave. Even then it's draft picks as price.
Its all a joke following up from Tedeski's rumour post. I very much doubt we will be active traders for players like Wines for a few years yet.

Don't forget to come back after we don't get him and say nah doesn't matter he was s**t anyway, back our list management they are elite, lol at ___ club for overpaying for Wines
For a great example of this in the wild, check out the Norf board where some are convinced that their recruiting department is purposely "blowing up opposition caps".

Yeah I bet that Richmond are kicking themselves... :rolleyes:

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
From reports we are still paying Tippett a fair wack next year also
I'd say he will probably be paid out this year but we will be over the cap and will have to make up the difference out of next years cap which I believe they allow these days.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I'd say he will probably be paid out this year but we will be over the cap and will have to make up the difference out of next years cap which I believe they allow these days.
Yeah some of it will be in next years salary cap. The only thing which hasn't been stated is how much will be included in next year, it'll more than likely be less than half of what is being paid out for this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
There's just no way we are picking up a big name recruit within next 2 years. We are going to need money for our younger generation coming thru.
Someone like mcdonald will be gettable...i doubt he is on much more than 600k if that. We have tippetts money, mcveigh will likely retire, k jack doesnt have much left and grundy more than likely end of next year

Someone like mcdonald will be gettable...i doubt he is on much more than 600k if that. We have tippetts money, mcveigh will likely retire, k jack doesnt have much left and grundy more than likely end of next year

Someone like McDonald doesn't fit the profile of all the players we have recruited.
We either recruit superstars (Lockett, Buddy) or fringe players (Bolton, Mumford).

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Between Heeney Parker mills and Hayward, and to a lesser extent Hewett and potentially Dawson we are building a really formidable marking midfield. I wonder if it's an indication of an intented game plan or just a happy coincidence. If so what seems like the best list planning going forward, look for. More really strong overhead players (fyfe's still on teddy I believe) to really double down on this advantage, or try to compliment it with characteristics that core midfield group lack.

I'd take Yeo off of west coasts hands, I reckon he is gonna have a monster of a year.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Between Heeney Parker mills and Hayward, and to a lesser extent Hewett and potentially Dawson we are building a really formidable marking midfield. I wonder if it's an indication of an intented game plan or just a happy coincidence. If so what seems like the best list planning going forward, look for. More really strong overhead players (fyfe's still on teddy I believe) to really double down on this advantage, or try to compliment it with characteristics that core midfield group lack.

I'd take Yeo off of west coasts hands, I reckon he is gonna have a monster of a year.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeo just signed for 5 years if i remember correctly

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Honestly think we could get him? His brother? Would be a great get but I has me doubts.
Tom's being moved to attack because they can't find room for him in defence. If this keeps up his stock will drop and I don't see why we couldn't sign him.

In saying that I wouldn't be surprised if we moved Reid to defence full time once Grundy goes

If we were relying on tippetts money to sign players up...we are in a bad spot considering he still had two years to run on his deal
My understanding is that we would reach a settlement with him for the remainder of his contract

Given his contract is a sunk cost this season, I would imagine a significant portion is unlocked for next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back