Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Yea im curios as to the position best suited...actually worries me. If he dominates as a key forward at underage level, yet is too small to play that role in afl...there is a chance he could come in overrated and underachieves.

When selecting key forwards, you have be sure they can replicate at the top level...no guarantees they can learn a new role.

In saying that every player on the list has to be a midfielder anyway according to horse
Hes 194cm so definately big enough to play as a key forward

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure it has been mentioned here yet but

The Chargers are home to many of them. The powerful club has five father-son prospects in its ranks: Will Kelly (the son of Collingwood's Craig), Zac Hart (son of Adelaide's Ben), Ben Silvagni (son of Carlton's Stephen), Kyle Dunkley (son of Sydney's Andrew and brother of Western Bulldog Josh), and Kye Barlow (son of Hawthorn's Kris).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-01/drafts-wealth-of-sons-brothers-cousins-nephews

According to Cal Twomey on SEN today Kyle is a lot like his brother, in that he is extremely hard at the ball but his kicking is a bit iffy.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him, if he gets drafted, would he choose us, or would he do the same thing as his brother and nominate with us with the intention that if a Victorian club bid on him we would not match the bid.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
There will be a s**t storm to end all s**t storms if we land him...bad enough with mills and heeney but now there is a vic team involved....we will lose our academy selections after this year
Not sure on this, with the next generation academy selections now coming on line for other clubs i think the academy fuss may die off. I think the biggest issue was where we finished on the ladder as opposed to the actual selections of heeney and mills.

Never much fuss when gold coast or brisbane utilise their academy selections, admittedly none have been in the mills and heeney league.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure it has been mentioned here yet but

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-01/drafts-wealth-of-sons-brothers-cousins-nephews

According to Cal Twomey on SEN today Kyle is a lot like his brother, in that he is extremely hard at the ball but his kicking is a bit iffy.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him, if he gets drafted, would he choose us, or would he do the same thing as his brother and nominate with us with the intention that if a Victorian club bid on him we would not match the bid.
Who would ever have thought Andrew Dunkley would have children that have question marks on their kicking.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure on this, with the next generation academy selections now coming on line for other clubs i think the academy fuss may die off. I think the biggest issue was where we finished on the ladder as opposed to the actual selections of heeney and mills.

Never much fuss when gold coast or brisbane utilise their academy selections, admittedly none have been in the mills and heeney league.
The other clubs academies are very selective like player has to have a background that is not from australia...i dont think they will have the "hits" the traditional academies do

The other clubs academies are very selective like player has to have a background that is not from australia...i dont think they will have the "hits" the traditional academies do

Also Sydney not being Victorian will play a massive role.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans

No but it probably helps us is North have a highly rated prospect in their next gen academy this year.

mark121

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Matthew Lloyd, Jake Lloyd's brother will be in this years draft

Lloyd is only 16 and will be eligible for the 2018 National AFL Draft, but he’s already had a tremendous start to his first senior TAC Cup season.

Playing off halfback — like his older brother has for the Swans this year — Lloyd is averaging 23 disposals, six marks and eight rebound 50s per outing, with an efficiency of 76.9 per cent by foot. His best game came against the Calder Cannons in Round 4, winning 32 disposals (kicking efficiency of 91.3 per cent), 11 marks and 14 rebound 50s.

As those numbers suggest, “composed” is one of the first words that comes to Partington’s mind when asked to describe Lloyd.

“He sums up situations a bit better than other players, because his mind’s quick,” Partington said.

“For him to stand up and play every game so far and do well, it’s very pleasing for him.”

What makes Lloyd’s hot start to the year even more impressive is the fact the Rebels see him for just 90 minutes a week. Lloyd is still based in Horsham, so he takes a two-hour bus ride each Thursday night to attend training in Ballarat.

It’s this work ethic and “high-performance attitude” that has Partington convinced he has a ripping young prospect on his hands.

“I called him the young foal of the group, because last year as an Under 16 his legs were just gangly and he was like a young foal trying to sand up,” Partington laughed.

“Now I call him a yearling, because he’s so smart with the footy but he’s still growing into his body. He’s the tallest of the Lloyd brothers, but he has got that game sense and poise.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/a90e7703ee141ffe57627d8e0cde5d1e

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
No but it probably helps us is North have a highly rated prospect in their next gen academy this year.

The North board is 'interesting'.
Much outrage that f/s doesn't get precedent over academy, much gnashing of the teeth that the northern academies are a rort, propping up useless franchises, but, surprise surprise little concern that North's next gen academy is the whole of a football state and that they therefore have access to Tarryn Thomas, when they have contributed absolutely nothing to his football development.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Matthew Lloyd, Jake Lloyd's brother will be in this years draft

Lloyd is only 16 and will be eligible for the 2018 National AFL Draft, but he’s already had a tremendous start to his first senior TAC Cup season.

Playing off halfback — like his older brother has for the Swans this year — Lloyd is averaging 23 disposals, six marks and eight rebound 50s per outing, with an efficiency of 76.9 per cent by foot. His best game came against the Calder Cannons in Round 4, winning 32 disposals (kicking efficiency of 91.3 per cent), 11 marks and 14 rebound 50s.

As those numbers suggest, “composed” is one of the first words that comes to Partington’s mind when asked to describe Lloyd.

“He sums up situations a bit better than other players, because his mind’s quick,” Partington said.

“For him to stand up and play every game so far and do well, it’s very pleasing for him.”

What makes Lloyd’s hot start to the year even more impressive is the fact the Rebels see him for just 90 minutes a week. Lloyd is still based in Horsham, so he takes a two-hour bus ride each Thursday night to attend training in Ballarat.

It’s this work ethic and “high-performance attitude” that has Partington convinced he has a ripping young prospect on his hands.

“I called him the young foal of the group, because last year as an Under 16 his legs were just gangly and he was like a young foal trying to sand up,” Partington laughed.

“Now I call him a yearling, because he’s so smart with the footy but he’s still growing into his body. He’s the tallest of the Lloyd brothers, but he has got that game sense and poise.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/a90e7703ee141ffe57627d8e0cde5d1e
Know someone from horshack where the llouds come from and apparently hes always been rated a better player than jake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deccas

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Grundy is coming to the end and theres no guarantee aliir will be hanging around..im telling ya if grundy retires this year and aliir goes to either wc or freo, samuel reid will be playing kpd and thats not good for anyone.

With the importance if their positions, id rather have an abundance kpd than rucks. I know kurt has retired but we went into this year with tippett, naismith, cameron and sinclair as our rucks on the main list...thats at least 1 too many
Aliirs family is in Brisbane. He went over to get some Wafl experience I don't think there is a strong return factor. If anything he'd go to Brisbane. West coast have kpds out the ears and freo just drafted logue. I cant see it happening tbh.

We still have youth all Australian maibum, I'm absolutely bullish on his prospects. Johnson isn't written off yet either. It might turn out to be prudent to draft another but I can see pink being converted, and rampe can play tall too.

I just think that notwithstanding how many are on our list we are weaker at ruck than any other position.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

ohboy.gif

Kapanis

Cancelled
Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017
Jul 26, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney

This is from my old schools FB page with a link to an article on Blakey. Pretty much doesn't care who he plays for, he just wants to play AFL and is prepared to travel anywhere, hmmm. Also well done Waverley College.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back