List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaff is one that emotion may come into it. I am not saying there is any connection to us, but with what he did, and missed out on, I can’t see him living with that everyday.

It's been well-established that it was a regular action on a football field that unfortunately went horribly wrong. The vilification was over the top to begin with, but now that the dust has settled he should 100% move on and deserves to. He's an exemplary player and I would love if he became a Swan. Top 20 player in the comp you'd take any day of the week.

Gaff is one that emotion may come into it. I am not saying there is any connection to us, but with what he did, and missed out on, I can’t see him living with that everyday.
It depends what he was thinking. If he wants to win a premiership then he stays at West Coast, if he wants $$ he moves to Sydney, if he wants to be near his father he goes to Norf

I don't disagree with a thing you just said, particularly that we're not the best. Truth be told we're bloody lucky to have not missed out on finals the last two years. So doesn't that fact alone mean it's normal to frequently discuss our shortcomings? Isn't there always something we can improve upon if you're one of the seventeen clubs that didn't win the flag?
100% Can always improve. But I also think we need to assess our list in an open minded manner. Obviously it’s not hard to see we’re in a mini rebuild and have stocked up on kids with heaps of potential. So I think it’s harsh to base our critique of the team and coaches on a game where we scored 30 points. Agree we are very very lucky to make the 8 so imo that’s a feit in itself

100% Can always improve. But I also think we need to assess our list in an open minded manner. Obviously it’s not hard to see we’re in a mini rebuild and have stocked up on kids with heaps of potential. So I think it’s harsh to base our critique of the team and coaches on a game where we scored 30 points. Agree we are very very lucky to make the 8 so imo that’s a feit in itself

Agree the 30 point game was an anomaly but still a byproduct of a much bigger problem that's been in our team not just this year and not just last year, which is that our ball movement is not great, and our forward line has rarely functioned efficiently.

Except in 2009 we picked up young players who should have been in their teams best 22 but weren't. This time we are being linked to players who have had all the time in the world to cement themselves in their teams best 22 but just couldn't.

Yeah, I tend to agree. That's the feeling I'm getting with some of the names we've been linked with.

Scully might be one to watch. Going on old news reports he is signed until 2021 on approx $750k with backend on top. That’s after his initial $1m/year times six year deal which was altered at the end of 2016. At 28 next year and 4 more years that’s a bit of cap space GWS might want to free up for others, along with questions of his return from a badly broken ankle. Would be equal to gaff if things went that way and his ankle was fine.

Scully is almost 28? Christ it feels like he is still 23 or 24. Don't think he's been up to much as a number 1 pick.

It's been well-established that it was a regular action on a football field that unfortunately went horribly wrong. The vilification was over the top to begin with, but now that the dust has settled he should 100% move on and deserves to. He's an exemplary player and I would love if he became a Swan. Top 20 player in the comp you'd take any day of the week.
Maybe for 700,000 a year tops.

We will get Dureya , still quiet on the big name. Swans have3 saints on our list , but Saints say no to them , only chance is Acres , but not in to him really. Neale off to Brissie , money to big to ignore , Hogan gone and there will be another out of Freo as steak knives as part of a complex deal.Still looking like massive numbers to be traded compared to past. Well done WW showing up someone who has no idea.

We will get Dureya , still quiet on the big name. Swans have3 saints on our list , but Saints say no to them , only chance is Acres , but not in to him really. Neale off to Brissie , money to big to ignore , Hogan gone and there will be another out of Freo as steak knives as part of a complex deal.Still looking like massive numbers to be traded compared to past. Well done WW showing up someone who has no idea.

Any word on Moore?

I thought his post match attitude and body language was disgraceful and lacked any content for his team mates, doesn’t matter how disappointed you are. Nic Nat can hold his head up high.

WC see gaff as a reserved and quiet bloke. He’s far and away the last thing we need. He wreaks of a confidence player. We need leaders who are going to impose themselves and lift the team when we need it. I deffs hope he’s chosen Victoria

Well, judging body language is hardly reliable. And it is easy for a Nic Nat to hold his head high while leaning on a cane with a healing ACL. He did nothing wrong. Gaff is feeling the weight of guilt for breaking a young bloke's jaw. I believe he is realizing just how the whole world views him now, and that cuts into him as much as not being part of winning a GF. And it needs to. When I read he worked hard to prepare his team for a game he should have played in, that spoke well of him to me.

I don't know if our list management panel is trying to bring in Gaff. If they do, my biggest concern will be him coming in with every judging gaze focused on him. I personally feel it is a moot point; he is most likely going home unless he resigns with WC in the next couple of days. But if he ends up in red & white? Then, he needs to be supported just like we should any other incoming player. At least until another brain fade proves we should have passed him by.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree with a thing you just said, particularly that we're not the best. Truth be told we're bloody lucky to have not missed out on finals the last two years. So doesn't that fact alone mean it's normal to frequently discuss our shortcomings? Isn't there always something we can improve upon if you're one of the seventeen clubs that didn't win the flag?
Sorry Caesar but that's just plain wrong, I'll give you this year (we were putrid from the bye onward), but not last year.
Yes last year started and ended very badly, but from round seven until entering the second week of finals, we were far and away the best team in the comp and showed continuously we could beat any one, and before you all give me the "we couldn't beat hawthorn who didn't play finals" line, remember it was one solitary kick in both games - not the flogging that so many on here seem to remember it as.
No one knows what could have happened and how far we would have gone if we had snagged a couple of those early, stupid losses last season, but we didn't and we paid the price, but to say we didn't deserve to be there is wrong, so our game style issues are issues that developed this year not last year or five years ago, this year alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back