The 2018 Fixture - Announcements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our double-ups may end up become tough. We are playing 5 teams that could all finish in the 8.

- Adelaide
- Geelong
- Essendon
- St Kilda
- Collingwood

Not easy, but I guess that is what we expected as reigning premiers anyway.

Our double-ups may end up become tough. We are playing 5 teams that could all finish in the 8.

- Adelaide
- Geelong
- Essendon
- St Kilda
- Collingwood

Only one of those 10 matches outside of Melbourne.

Only one of those 10 matches outside of Melbourne.
True, but that doesn't mean that we will have less interstate games.

We'll probably play as many non-Victorian sides away as other Melbourne clubs though through the non-Victorian sides we play once.

- Adelaide
- Geelong
- Essendon
- St Kilda
- Collingwood

Trolling the comp, 4 out of those 5 is what a team finishing last could be fixtured with, at least 8 wins IMO.

Trolling the comp, 4 out of those 5 is what a team finishing last could be fixtured with, at least 8 wins IMO.
I am not as confident as you, but 8 wins would be fantastic. 8/10 of these matches are likely to be at the MCG, so that would help.

How can you not be confident, you did see what we did to 1st, 2nd and 4th didnt you, i am seriously laughing at those double ups, i expected harder as the champs.
Yeah I did, it was a great performance by the Richmond players and coaches. I don't know why I don't feel as confident as you to be honest.

It's just that it is a new season and I don't know how we'd play. I think we'll still finish in the top 8 even with those double-ups though. This Richmond side is very resilient and have a mature core side led by Cotchin, so I don't expect us to crash down the ladder.

Yeah I did, it was a great performance by the Richmond players and coaches. I don't know why I don't feel as confident as you to be honest.

It's just that it is a new season and I don't know how we'd play. I think we'll still finish in the top 8 even with those double-ups though. This Richmond side is very resilient and have a mature core side led by Cotchin, so I don't expect us to crash down the ladder.
Its cool dude we all think differently.

And Carlton don't have return games against Bombers or Tigers nor against Cats, Hawks or Demons. I'm calling BS.

Herald sun quoting it in their article so it must be legit I guess. Carlton definitely no longer considered "big" according to the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel sorry for Collingwood/Buckley - they make the 8 = ‘easy draw’, they miss the 8 = sack Bucks!

Geelong have been given a gift. not only in where they play, but who.
Here's the ladder - 2017 positions on left, 2018 fixture by difficulty on right (purely based on final position of double up opponents).

1. Richmond 2
2. Adelaide 1
3. Geelong 8
4. GWS 10
5. Sydney 3
6. West Coast = 4
7. Port Adelaide = 4
8. Essendon 11
9. Melbourne 7
10. St Kilda = 4
11. Bulldogs 13
12. Hawthorn 8
13. Collingwood = 14
14. Fremantle 12
15. North = 16
16. Carlton = 14
17. Gold Coast = 16
18. Brisbane = 16

Geelong have been given a gift. not only in where they play, but who.
Here's the ladder - 2017 positions on left, 2018 fixture by difficulty on right (purely based on final position of double up opponents).

1. Richmond 2
2. Adelaide 1
3. Geelong 8
4. GWS 10
5. Sydney 3
6. West Coast = 4
7. Port Adelaide = 4
8. Essendon 11
9. Melbourne 7
10. St Kilda = 4
11. Bulldogs 13
12. Hawthorn 8
13. Collingwood = 14
14. Fremantle 12
15. North = 16
16. Carlton = 14
17. Gold Coast = 16
18. Brisbane = 16
Geelong, Giants and Essendon got kissed.
Hawks and Saints got screwed.

JLT Series

AFL X
AFL W
  • The 2018 NAB AFL Women’s Competition will kick off with Carlton v Collingwood on Friday night, February 2 here at Ikon Park.
  • Full AFLW Fixture here.

AFL Season
From the Age
  • A Thursday night rematch of the 2017 grand final will launch the AFL's Easter holiday round with reigning premier Richmond being sent to Adelaide for the Tigers' first away game of 2018.
  • St Kilda will play Good Friday football for the first time, replacing the Western Bulldogs as North Melbourne's opponent. The Kangaroos will host the twilight clash at Etihad Stadium on Good Friday, rewarded for the resources they dedicated to this year's historic game
  • Geelong will host Carlton for the first time in 21 years when the two teams clash at soon-to-be-renamed GMHBA Stadium in 2018.
  • The Crows, who open their season on Friday, March 23, against Essendon at Etihad Stadium, requested an opponent with a large supporter base for their first Adelaide Oval clash after opening last season with a home game against Greater Western Sydney.
  • Richmond will also play on Anzac Eve at the MCG against Melbourne.
Geelong to have their last 22 games at Kardinia Park. Against VFL reserves teams.

No one gets an easy draw, no one gets a hard draw, it os laughable how this gets applied.

1. Your so called easy draw could end up being the hardest by fact of running into teams who are having a 2-3 week burst of good form

2. Your so called hard draw could be the easiest by fact of running into teams who are having a shocker.

3. People need to swap west coast and port around when judging top 6 and middle 6 teams because west coast are not top 6 hard material.

No one gets an easy draw, no one gets a hard draw, it os laughable how this gets applied.

1. Your so called easy draw could end up being the hardest by fact of running into teams who are having a 2-3 week burst of good form

2. Your so called hard draw could be the easiest by fact of running into teams who are having a shocker.

3. People need to swap west coast and port around when judging top 6 and middle 6 teams because west coast are not top 6 hard material.
In fact they are by virtue of finishing in the top 6
Simples.
You have an opinion that Port will be a harder team to beat next year, fair enough, but it doesn't change the facts.

Let's not kid ourselves, the draw is about maximum revenue for the afl not how a team finishes on the ladder. It then comes down to how it can * a team over with the number of six day breaks and when they occur that seals the deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back