Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Vardy's mark and goal

Mine as well.

The opening few mins of the last quarter for big Nath in general was crucial. There was that mark and goal you speak of but there was another big contested mark also.

The role he played taking Langdon deeper and limiting his drive as well was under rated.

Apart from the obvious Sheed goal what is your favourite final quarter moment?

The schadenfreude in me likes the strutting by Cox as he kicks his goal and thinks his s**t don't stink

The other is the desperation of Kennedy/Shuey in our d50 which cleared it out of danger after 5 minutes of collingwood pressure

Probably Vardy's mark and goal too.

But also the belief in the squad after Collingwood slammed on the first two goals of the quarter.

And also Masten's hard-ball get on the final siren.

That was such an unbelievable game.

Not really during the game per se but Masten's look of disbelief as he celebrated immediately after the siren is one for the ages. I know someone has the GIF for it somewhere...

Almost like 'f*** me I cannot believe I have a premiership medal'.

Found it...

DependableElasticAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
Ryan's snap that hit the post. Still have yet to see a replay of it hitting the post.

I was in the stand above that end so couldn't quite see the goal line live.

I'm still yet to be convinced he had 2 posters in the last quarter of the GF.

As for favourite play, I really like the last CBD. Rioli in there for his 1 and only for the game, along with Sheed & Vardy. So many deft touches & desperate plays to get the clearance from 3 of the guys involved in the GOAT play.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
The commentary after Sheed's goal still makes me choke up. I was in utter disbelief and desperation for us to hang on, that whole call from Bruce from the bounce through to the Rioli tackle was just an emotional rollercoaster.

Also, another favourite bit of mine is when Gov took the mark (which was over Mihochek and Jetta btw... De Goey was waiting for the seagull crumb), there's a lady in the crowd who is just flinging her arm continuously towards our end, telling Gov to "Go! Go!".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite part is a bit of an extension from the GF.

This season whenever Sheed kicks a goal from the boundary the commentators always bring up how we all know that he likes it from there or something to that effect.

Brings me back to that moment every time and puts a big stupid smile on my face.

The Sheed Pocket

Any game at the MCG when someone has a shot for goal from that spot

It’s become folklore. Love it

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The commentary after Sheed's goal still makes me choke up. I was in utter disbelief and desperation for us to hang on, that whole call from Bruce from the bounce through to the Rioli tackle was just an emotional rollercoaster.

Also, another favourite bit of mine is when Gov took the mark (which was over Mihochek and Jetta btw... De Goey was waiting for the seagull crumb), there's a lady in the crowd who is just flinging her arm continuously towards our end, telling Gov to "Go! Go!".
Watching the replay I think that Jetta blocked or held Mioheck in that contest and it should've been a free (from memory he is not facing the ball). It's funny how some people whinge about the Maynard one but not that.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Watching the replay I think that Jetta blocked or held Mioheck in that contest and it should've been a free (from memory he is not facing the ball). It's funny how some people whinge about the Maynard one but not that.
Nah Jetta has eyes on the ball untill the very last second.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Hard to top 2018 in drama but if we go back-to-back, from 5th, with 3 away finals in a row after an inconsistent season.... it’ll top the lot, it’ll be oh so sweet.

IF we can get to the GF it'd be something none of the premiership sides managed to achieve.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
The demolition of Melbourne was one of our best performances of the year ..Amazing how the team played in that game ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our best performances of 2018. Dees were sent home shellshocked after being handed a footy lesson by the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back