Analysis The 2018 premiership is the high point of WC's history

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm worried about 2019. Freo seem like a really united group.

hqdefault.jpg

Look at the clubs with marketing slogans and two who have not.

Swans and Eagles don't have a marketing slogan.

Best slogan fail Ive seen is Essendons when the poo hit the fan. WHATEVER IT TAKES!:D:straining:

Wadsworth

Fold the Eagles
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
What does it mean to be "united by purple"?

I can't believe you don't recognise how uplifting it is to be banded together by such a powerful force as purple.

Eggplant.png

I believe the other finalists for the slogan this year were:

"United by Man Buns"
"United by the Anchor"
"United by the Wharfies Union"
"Stand by Ross"

And my favourite;

"We suck, so go easy on us"

All good choices and it seems that "United by Purple" just got over the line this year.

Funny how many people said Mason cox was good on GF Day yet this article says he was smashed by Barrass
Was really impressed with Cox in the second half. Would have been very easy for him to drop his bundle completely after the horror first half.

Think Barrass shaded him but not sure how one could deny his lift in the second half.

Was really impressed with Cox in the second half. Would have been very easy for him to drop his bundle completely after the horror first half.

Think Barrass shaded him but not sure how one could deny his lift in the second half.
Three shots on goal for 2 majors and some important outlet marks for them at half back.

He can hold his head high compared to a host of other pies.

In case anyone is looking for a 2019 West Coast Calendar - it was sold out at both the AFL stores I tried and online, but then discovered that Mirrabooka BigW still have some :)
Bought one for $9.50 today :)
The peril wings feature prominently on the cover but also on many of the pages
https://www.bigw.com.au/product/afl-west-coast-2019-calendar/p/695021/

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love dem peril wings. Could do with peril shorts though.
You’re preaching to the choir as I love coloured shorts and dislike rubbery white ones :D
#returntheshorts

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Whenever I watch the various recaps and highlights packages on YouTube, all the finals wins are great. But the result that makes me shake my head and chuckle every time is the win over Port in Adelaide. We were two goals down with a minute to go and somehow pulled it out of our arse, beating them after the siren at their home ground. Again. Think how dirty they must have been.

Whenever I watch the various recaps and highlights packages on YouTube, all the finals wins are great. But the result that makes me shake my head and chuckle every time is the win over Port in Adelaide. We were two goals down with a minute to go and somehow pulled it out of our arse, beating them after the siren at their home ground. Again. Think how dirty they must have been.

This was imo the game that gave us real belief. Under siege after the Gaff incident, behind for the entire game, nowhere near 100%, yet arsed the 4 points.

Like the Geelong comeback in 2006 these tough road wins set up flags.

Jun 28, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
This was imo the game that gave us real belief. Under siege after the Gaff incident, behind for the entire game, nowhere near 100%, yet arsed the 4 points.

Like the Geelong comeback in 2006 these tough road wins set up flags.

I just went and watched the last 2 mins of that game and had a little giggle... ******* classic!

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
For sure, but not as dirty as the Pies =3-0, 1 at home ground MCG, 1 final, 1 Grand final,
how-sweet-is-that after years of them getting over us.
They might have something to prove when we meet in 2019.
As will a good few other teams...the hunted!

Over twenty years since we beat the pies at the MCG. Then we do it twice in the same year. :cool:o_O
Whilst missing key players , being underdogs and overcoming slow starts . What a year 💙💛

Remove this Banner Ad

Back