The 2018 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the worst thing to happen to this club since Wayne and Kelli.

Had we not won 12 games and loaded up we would be in to the 4th season of our rebuild, instead we are at ground zero now thanks to ridiculous list management decisions

Had we taken Kelly instead of Will walker we would have made finals.
Don't understand our reasoning behind not rating mature aged talent at North.

Had we taken Kelly instead of Will walker we would have made finals.
Don't understand our reasoning behind not rating mature aged talent at North.
That still pisses me off wasting pick 23 on will walker
When Tim kelly and Balta were still Available

I remember at the time I was really hoping we take Balta only to reach for the lanky walker who was newish to the game

This idea that things would be better "if only we had picked up this player instead of that player" or "if only we had access to an additional pick in this draft" assumes that we have adequate systems of development in place.

That still pisses me off wasting pick 23 on will walker
When Tim kelly and Balta were still Available

I remember at the time I was really hoping we take Balta only to reach for the lanky walker who was newish to the game

I just did a search of our 2018 draft thread using your username and the words "Balta" and "Tim Kelly"

Result: Donuts

1617405997477.png

1617406113656.png

^Maybe start by searching the correct year as the 2017 draft thread was the draft

His old senile brain doesn’t understand LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

^Maybe start by searching the correct year as the 2017 draft thread was the draft

Just post where you claimed Balta & Tim Kelly were better choices than Will Walker back then and save me the trouble.

You don't appear to have any trouble doing this when one of your 3728 proclamations per draft actually salutes.

This can be your big "Touche" moment. Serve it up!

Just post where you claimed Balta & Tim Kelly were better choices than Will Walker back then and save me the trouble.

You don't appear to have any trouble doing this when one of your 3728 proclamations per draft actually salutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that our recent drafting has been very poor, however our past is set in stone. The challenge now is how do we right the ship.

1. Have a strong system of the development of our young talent. Continuous 70-100+ point thrashings could destroy some of them. They will need strong support over the next 2-3 years. Player development hasn’t been our strength.

2. Our game plan, assuming we have one, must have a strong defensive element if we are to reduce our loss margins while we develop the next good team. A simple fix to one of our weaknesses is NOT to stand flat footed when receiving a pass, go to the ball. The dogs cut in front of us on a number of occasions and it cost us goals. Huge losses won’t sustain, let alone grow, our membership. We will lose the Good Friday game and it will be the Club’s fault through poor list management.

3. Recruit to fill our needs I.e. a strong full forward, a future ruck (not sure Xerri is the next Goldie), a strong CHB ( Tarrant won’t be with us in 2023). The mid season draft should be the first step.

Just some thoughts, there will be more.

Seriously this s**t is really old, stop potting people without adding anything constructive. Again, provide what you would/wouldn’t have done.

I don’t always agree with the Z but at least he puts forth an idea of what he would do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is the worst thing to happen to this club since Wayne and Kelli.

Had we not won 12 games and loaded up we would be in to the 4th season of our rebuild, instead we are at ground zero now thanks to ridiculous list management decisions
We moved Jack to the forward line (kicked nearly 40 goals as well), Jed Anderson hit his stride and Maj was moved to the backline. If Maj had just got thru Decemeber everything would have different.

I just can't get onboard the idea that was a failure.

We moved Jack to the forward line (kicked nearly 40 goals as well), Jed Anderson hit his stride and Maj was moved to the backline. If Maj had just got thru Decemeber everything would have different.

I just can't get onboard the idea that was a failure.
Every year since 2000 has been an abject failure

Only things I remember about 2018 were:

• Graduated High School
  • First Beer
  • First time getting hammered
  • Red Redemption II
  • Grandfather who got me into footy/barracking for North passed away (R.I.P).

Only things I remember about 2018 were:

• Graduated High School
  • First Beer
  • First time getting hammered
  • Red Redemption II
  • Grandfather who got me into footy/barracking for North passed away (R.I.P).
2018 was a prick of year for people dying in my world. Here's to your GD for showing the way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back