The 2018 spoon is ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Age, who presumably used the draw in conjunction with the current odds to sort out next years Ladder, the spoon is ours.

Lets go to this year's draft, get a good kid, tell the AFL not to bother running the comp next year and then we can go hell for leather at the 2018 draft with a flag or two in mind thereafter.

Works for me.

Last edited:
Accordingly to the Age, who presumably used the draw in conjunction with the current odds to sort out next years Ladder, the spoon is ours.

Lets go to this year's draft, get a good kid, tell the AFL not to bother running the comp next year and then we can go hell for leather at the 2018 draft with a flag or two in mind thereafter.

Works for me.

Whilst not necessarily wanting the spoon I do want a bottom three finish in order to get one of the gun three.

Alas I fear we will finish in 12th.

"Every news paper in the country has pick us to finish last, the media seem to think we should save everybody a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sports writers' time, so I say we hang around and see if we can give em all a nice big s**t burger to eat"
-Lou Brown, 1989

Last edited:
Pre season...... negative thoughts already, Horace? .. Not you.. I mean the source you quote :( Good mind set if the Club takes it to heart

Personally, chugginon, I've got us winning the flag, with that nice boy Benny Cunnington, doing a Dusty, topping off a Brownlow Medal winning season with the Norm Smith. Another, Benny, being Benny Brown will win the Coleman and kick 7 in the GF.

But that's just me.

"Every news paper in the country has pick us to finish last, me, I'm for wasting sports writers' time, so I say we hang around and see if we can give em all a nice big s**t burger to eat"
-Lou Brown, 1989
Quoted to like twice.
:thumbsu:

"Every news paper in the country has pick us to finish last, the media seem to think we should save everybody a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sports writers' time, so I say we hang around and see if we can give em all a nice big s**t burger to eat"
-Lou Brown, 1989

This is an incredibly accurate description of our club.

Our best team will go alright.

If we have 6-8 injuries we are a shoe in for the spoon.

Knowing our luck, we'll have a dream injury run with a soft draw in a year where we won't be contending and finish just out of the eight costing ourselves the chance to pick at the pointy end of the draft which is seen as having some absolute gems in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knowing our luck, we'll have a dream injury run with a soft draw in a year where we won't be contending and finish just out of the eight costing ourselves the chance to pick at the pointy end of the draft which is seen as having some absolute gems in it.
I know i will cop some heat but im kinda hoping for another year like this one but actually finishing 17th

Doubt we'll finish last. We're s**t, but we have guts and a real desire to win and improve as a side under Jack. Brisbane and Gold Coast are both significantly worse than us imo, and I could see us finishing above Carlton or even Freo.

Honestly, i find it hard to see where we lose a game.

If we finish bottom two we have a legit argument for a priority pick tbh.

If we only win 5-6 games next year as about expected, that would leave us with 14 wins out of the last 60 games because of that massive slump after the first half of 2016.

I'd be interested to see what Melbourne and Brisbane had when they were awarded PP's.

We wouldn't get the old style PP obviously, but an end of first rounder.

If that were the case and Atley left in FA, we could potentially walk into the draft with:

Last edited:
If we finish bottom two we have a legit argument for a priority pick tbh.

If we only win 5-6 games next year as about expected, that would leave us with 14 wins out of the last 60 games because of that massive slump after the first half of 2016.

I'd be interested to see what Melbourne and Brisbane had when they were awarded PP's.

We wouldn't get the old style PP obviously, but an end of first rounder.

If that were the case and Atley left in FA, we could potentially walk into the draft with:

Just between you me and the garden fence Pykie old son, I don't think the AFL are going to give us a priority pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back