Banter The 2019-20 offseason offtopic chat thread (a.k.a. The Steam Room)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story starts a few years ago...

It starts in 1993, my dad passed away in his sleep on 19 Sept when I was 9yrs old

We fast forward a year to Friday 2 Sept 1994. Being a youngster I obviously have an early bed time, but something woke me up at 1am - I remember looking at the end of my bed and clear as day there was a figure standing there looking down my bed at me. I was scared shitless at that stage but took the idea of a cat that "if I can't see you, you can't see me" - so tried to pull the covers over my head & close my eyes to go back to sleep.

I then woke up at 1:33am and the figure was now beside my bed but this time there was a calmness and I allowed myself to really look. I realised it was my dad beside my bed and he was dressed in his tracksuit that he used to wear for his morning walk - I was then more relaxed, and went back to sleep for the rest of the night.

So, in the morning I get up for school & do all the stuff I have to do. That afternoon/evening, I'm home with mum & we were meant to be getting ready to go into town - she had promised me we would, and about 5 she wanted to talk to me before we went. She let me know that earlier that day my uncle (dad's brother) had passed away

I never really thought much of seeing my dad beside my bed until a few years later in 1997. It was school holidays & I was spending some time with my brother who lived in Melbourne - he's 10yrs older than me. Even though he worked full-time, he had promised to take me to Timezone for the 2hr all-you-can play session on the Thursday morning. I woke up that morning and felt like absolutely s**t but so wanted to go to Timezone that I didn't say anything. Went out but felt like s**t all day, and then around 7pm that evening the phone rang.

At that stage I went into the room I was sleeping in and again there was a calmness that came over me & I suddenly didn't feel sick. My brothers girlfriend had taken the phone call & she came to talk to me, but before she could say anything I said, "I know" - my dads oldest sister had died that day

Does anyone care about the new soccer team that is based in Geelong until they don't have to be based in Geelong?

Got a passing interest I guess. Will check their scores and stuff. That's about it.

Will be interesting to see how many people they get to their first home game tomorrow night though.

Got a passing interest I guess. Will check their scores and stuff. That's about it.

Will be interesting to see how many people they get to their first home game tomorrow night though.

Pretty much the same - I wish them well, but I'm a Victory member & ain't changing allegiances just because there's a new team in town

Back to the ghost stuff, I was talking earlier about a show called The Dead Files. The show has a woman who is a physical medium, and a guy who is a retired homicide detective. They both investigate a home or building that is being haunted - the detective interviews the witnesses and researches the history of the location, while the medium does a walk through and "communicates" with whatever entities are there. They then meet with the owners and each other and reveal their findings. It's amazing how much the medium picks up on which can be explained by previous events. She even has a sketch artist draw people she sees when she's walking out, and inevitably they'd look like photos of people who used to live at the property, or had died there.

Will never forget one particular episode. The property in question was a former warehouse that the owner had bought and was turning into a museum. The owner had all this weird stuff happen to him while in the building, and despite people telling him to GTFO, he was obsessed with the place. The detective had located a photo of the original owner of the warehouse during his investigation. At the end of the episode, when the medium looked at the owner, she said "No wonder you are obsessed with the place. You used to own it in a former life!" The detective looked at her as if to say "WTF?", then got the photo of the original owner out, and the original owner had more than a passing resemblance to the existing owner.

Freaky stuff.

Wat geelong soccer team
It's not a Geelong team, they are Western United FC and ultimately are meant to be based on Tarneit - but because there's currently no stadium in Tarneit they will be using GMHBA for about 8/9 home games during the 2019/2020 & 2020/2021 seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier this year I did the night tour at Aradale Asylum - I would love to do an extended tour because the place is massive and it felt rushed.

rocker_oz33
In terms of the Old Hobart Court House tour you mentioned, is that this one - Hobart Convict Penitentiary Ghost Tour, https://nationaltrusttas.rezdy.com/256698/hobart-convict-penitentiary-ghost-tour

When looking for tours in Hobart, that's one I came across - or is it a different one?

Unsure it could be.
But not 100% sure.

The guy running the tour said the tour is beening shut down , he didn't seen happy about it.
The guy knew his stuff and run a good tour.
If its the same one i hope you get him.

We were there last year in April.

Not a bad tour interesting as i always wanted to go in there.
Interesting it still could be used as a jail , its in pretty good nick.

Ive also done.

Port Arthur.
Old melbourne jail at Russell street.
Old Hobart court house ( i dont think they do that one anymore).

Have done

Port Arthur
Alcatraz
Old Melb

And also melb ghost tour
Jack the ripper tour

Lol i am in the "didnt know they exist" kind of level.

So wouldnt even be checking scores :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back