Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Sounds like Pyke got jack of it and bailed. He seems to have had a pretty successful career outside of football so probably doesn't need to worry about money, must have stopped enjoying the job.

This leaves Freo and Adelaide in the market for coaches. I wonder if Ross or Brad Scott might get a look in? There is only so much talent to go around.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Still, there were many of the same feelings at Adelaide this year as there were here in 2017. Their issues did go a year longer than ours, and admittedly, are substantially worse, but I don't think it all falls on Pyke. There are others (i.e. Burton, as Crows fans keep saying) that deserve to go before him
But we never had those issues or feelings. Sure there were.calls on BF for Simmos head to roll as there always is if we don't win every game. But you can't tell me thus club as ever experienced anything like what the Crows have with a very disgruntled playing group. Say what you will about Simmo (not that I recall you having much bad to say about him) but he has alwaysalways the players on side and loving the club. Our issues were more about an aging and slow list than player revolt.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
But we never had those issues or feelings. Sure there were.calls on BF for Simmos head to roll as there always is if we don't win every game. But you can't tell me thus club as ever experienced anything like what the Crows have with a very disgruntled playing group. Say what you will about Simmo (not that I recall you having much bad to say about him) but he has alwaysalways the players on side and loving the club. Our issues were more about an aging and slow list than player revolt.

Oh, I didn't agree with any of it in 2017, I backed Simmo the entire way. I guess what I mean is that I think the Crows can turn it around, like we did in 2018, and they should've backed Pyke in before others on their board.

It is a lot worse than us, though, that's for sure. It never got as bad for us two years ago.

Last edited:

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Pyke pretty much said it was time to go. I think he's jumping off a ship that's gone off course with a stubborn captain who won't budge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back