Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
FFA Cup Round of 16 Week 2 results:

Adelaide Olympic 1 V Hume City FC 3
Sydney United 1 V Western Sydney 7
Brisbane Strikers 1
V Manly United 0
Brisbane Roar 2 (2) V Central Coast 2 (4) aet (pens)

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
FFA Cup Round of 16 Week 2 results:

Adelaide Olympic 1 V Hume City FC 3
Went to the Olympic match, they had 4 players out. Apparently one of the players left to go to the club his Dad owns (West Adelaide) and another got a red card in the finals series so a fair effort to hold on for the first half! Hume just showed their class though. Way too good, especially after they rested 5 players in the previous week for this one.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So City vs........

Wonder if Hume will be sanctioned after the bottle throwing

Harry#7

Debutant
Mar 15, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne City
City too strong in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Even if the game is in Adelaide, City should be far too slick and good for an Reds outfit that struggled against a bog ordinary Mariners team.

My tip for the final ? 1-4 to Melbourne.

Jesus it’s preseason as if Adelaide where going at full pace! In any case once the final comes round both clubs will be in full swing and just like most finals go it will be a tight affair, Adelaide to go back to back 2-1 winners!

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even if the game is in Adelaide, City should be far too slick and good for an Reds outfit that struggled against a bog ordinary Mariners team.

Not so sure about writing Adelaide off. As much as I hope City can bring it home, you’d think Adelaide, or both sides for that matter, will find some more form with getting to play some competitive football in the next few weeks before the final. City too would have to become the first away side to win a cup final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not so sure about writing Adelaide off. As much as I hope City can bring it home, you’d think Adelaide, or both sides for that matter, will find some more form with getting to play some competitive football in the next few weeks before the final. City too would have to become the first away side to win a cup final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide is probably the most desirable away ground for City to play at for a final imho.

Reckon playing in hostile away crowds at Melbourne Derbies will hold them in good stead as well

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Adelaide is probably the most desirable away ground for City to play at for a final imho.

Reckon playing in hostile away crowds at Melbourne Derbies will hold them in good stead as well
Hasn't really helped you in most big games your franchise has played in.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Hasn't really helped you in most big games your franchise has played in.
City are perennial underachievers, their team on paper as always looked good but its never translated to on field success. Every club in the league besides Wellington and new comers western united have achieved more

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club

We were no where near full strength against CCM.
No Maria, Boland or Izzo and Opseth will be better with some more games under his belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back