Analysis The 2019 finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

Some would say the Cats needed more out of Tom Hawkins last night - didn't kick a goal and missed a couple of sitters. But I reckon he was nearly BOG. He kicked 0.4 so that's at least 4 score involvements in a side that only had 16 scores. That's 25% of total team score involvements AT LEAST. Great full-forward's game Tomahawk!!

Last edited:

Some would say the Cats needed more out of Tom Hawkins last night - didn't kick a goal and missed a couple of sitters. But I reckon he was nearly BOG. He kicked 0.4 so that's at least 4 score involvements in a side that only had 16 scores. That's 25% of total team score involvements AT LEAST. Great full-forward's game Tomahawk!!

In a losing team too. You have to give him major kudos for creating his team's opportunities under such difficult circumstances.

Remember that each of his misses could've created 7 point plays - hell, if they all came off Geelong would be straight into a prelim and his AA credentials wouldn't even be up for discussion.

Lowlight for me so far was the Climate Change Rally in Melb on Friday. I don't know how all those people got the time off work to be there!!!! And the heat - it was a bloody hot day. I was sweating bullets just standing there - although standing over a pit of burning coal probably didn't help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back