The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whincup - Doesn't get any extra respect or praise for accumulating stats. But I do remember his first year in supercars in 03. Even accounting for being a rookie, driving a completely different car, for a mid range team, he was worse than s**t back then. But in 5 years, he elevated himself past almost everyone else to win a series. He should be an inspiration for all mid ranked, ordinary drivers for that.

Lowndes - Burst on the scene and tore everything apart in the 90s. Rejuvenated Aus motorsport on his own. Get a thumbs down imo for being a paycheck drive in the past 10+ years.

Brock - Now that he's dead, cops some s**t for not winning the championship often. But he was racing at a time where Bathurst was effectively a championship on its own.

Dare I say, almost all of us didn't see him race at his physical peak. But 3rd in the 1994 & 95 in the ATCC for a guy in his late 40s was pretty good. Leading Holden in 95, and went into the last race with a chance to win it.

Marcos Ambrose - Despite Shaxx Ataxx's opinion, warrants legendary status. Of all the big name's, he literally the only who's carried a GRM-like team, to being a 888/Penske type team. If he wanted to, he could've dominated the scene down here for years afterwards. SBR went downhill after he left, and SVG didn't do a lot despite driving for longer.

Johnson. He was good in that he found advantages out of difficult cars (XD Falcon and Sierra).

I'll post other stuff later maybe.

So my opinion is different to yours therefore a s**t opinion? Ok champ.
Not a s**t opinion, but to not have Ambrose in that conversation is either incredible bias or just plain wrong

imadodgyumpire direct your gaze above.

hey shorty and I have disagreed and we probably won’t see eye to eye on this. Have you noticed that it has been a civil conversation between us? Maybe next time you can have another go.

hey shorty I really can’t put him in with the likes of Brock and Johnson etc sorry. Not wrong/right or biased.

Last edited:
Who starts next to him ??

SVG.

Unbelievable, why did this take a month to work out and just so happened to be found out on Sunday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imadodgyumpire direct your gaze above.

hey shorty and I have disagreed and we probably won’t see eye to eye on this. Have you noticed that is has been a civil conversation between us? Maybe next time you can try harder.

hey shorty I really can’t put him in with the likes of Brock and Johnson etc sorry. Not wrong or biased.
Your opinions are bottom rank.

Ambrose is the only driver to get a small, non title contending team, to being the undisputed no1 team in supercars. Doing it in a time where in a supposed "professional" era, it's hard to make the jump like that with huge $$$$.

If he wanted to, he could've easily blunted the stats of current drivers, but he had bigger fish to fry.

It's alright having nonsense opinions, but you have to explain why. WHY???

I mean **** me. In one post of yours, you've got all the 'legends" as legends, but got Moffat as second tier. When for over 30 years, Moffat has always been held in the highest regard, and was the original Ford superstar.

Jesus christ.

Another embarrassing decision by Supercars. Why do these things take so long?
They say it's because they used the same engine last round.

To me if you've got an issue with it, then you make the team take it out and use another one. They're turning into NASCAR and trying to manufacture outcomes.

They say it's because they used the same engine last round.

To me if you've got an issue with it, then you make the team take it out and use another one. They're turning into NASCAR and trying to manufacture outcomes.

Surley the title is so far out of reach it’s beyond manufacturing an outcome. To make a decision on a race that was raced a month ago is beyond a joke. The only thing they’re doing is souring the deserved victory.

(ignoring the incoherent ramblings of the other poster)

Surley the title is so far out of reach it’s beyond manufacturing an outcome. To make a decision on a race that was raced a month ago is beyond a joke. The only thing they’re doing is souring the deserved victory.

(ignoring the incoherent ramblings of the other poster)
I don't mean in terms of a title, it's more about today's race. He now starts alongside SVG being penalised for something 2 rounds ago.

The less informed, meaning social media nuffies, ramble on about how Scott was easily able to pull away and that must be the new engine.

Despite the fact CAMS said there was essentially no difference.

It clouds everything again, if I was Scott I'd be fuming.

Gee Jack is certainly LPs son, looking and sounding more like him by the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back