The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
Well, it started in 1993. Ford teams produced the better car over the Holdens, winning the first 12 heats and 6 rounds overall before being gutted with the front splitter prior to rd7 in Mallala. Holden then won 5/6 remain heats and 2/3 rounds outright. This change was particularly advantageous at Bathurst, Holden filling the top 4 in qualifying and top 5 in the race...
This then led to the lack of action over the advantage the VX Commodore had over the AU Falcon. Which Holden reaped the benefit of success for many years prior to begrudgingly having to change the specifications with project blueprint for 2003...
This then leads to 2019. When after complying with the rules and being checked off. The specifications of the Mustang have to be fundamentally changed to their disadvantage.

In a parity series, I've never heard CoG phrase being used before. It's invented.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Well, it started in 1993. Ford teams produced the better car over the Holdens, winning the first 12 heats and 6 rounds overall before being gutted with the front splitter prior to rd7 in Mallala. Holden then won 5/6 remain heats and 2/3 rounds outright. This change was particularly advantageous at Bathurst, Holden filling the top 4 in qualifying and top 5 in the race...
This then led to the lack of action over the advantage the VX Commodore had over the AU Falcon. Which Holden reaped the benefit of success for many years prior to begrudgingly having to change the specifications with project blueprint for 2003...
This then leads to 2019. When after complying with the rules and being checked off. The specifications of the Mustang have to be fundamentally changed to their disadvantage.

In a parity series, I've never heard CoG phrase being used before. It's invented.
93 was before my time of taking an interest.
Even still that doesn’t seem like a history of being Holden biased when you couple it with project blueprint aswell as last year allowing Nissan and ford to use composite panels after they were all ticked off.
In no way do I think it’s been handled well.
Ford also have 2 people on the commission with one of them being Ryan story so maybe the complaints need to be directed at them.
However deep people think RD’s pockets are Rodgers are far bigger.
I don’t own a Holden and never have.
I tend to follow drivers rather than cars.

Mal1234

Debutant
Nov 2, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It wasn't Penske, it was Scotty up the front. The biggest thing was the Mustang was developed with the single spring, the Opels are playing catch up with that.
There was a good article in auto action about this how the mustang was built for the single spring and the holdens are not looking forward to see the next new 888 car goes.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
sc.jpg

Parker400

Senior List
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Long term wise Tassie and Winton need to be taken off the map or redone can't have single line zzz racing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back