Live Event The 2019 NBA playoffs thread - Round 1 and Conference Semi finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Dame is lacking so much love on this board...

I think most people have him top 5 in the MVP. In front of every other point guard (unless you consider Harden a point guard).

And at worst people still have him in the All NBA second team.

I'm not sure what more you'd like.

He's really good.

But he needs a decent playoff run this year after last years abortion.

3 pretty straight forward games today. Wouldn't be shocked by three 10+ margins.

I think KD respects the D of Beverley. He's asked questions about the matchup and gives his honest appraisal. PS: D means defence.

In this series, it’s kind of weird because when a guy is that small, you’ve got the advantage, but we did David and Goliath a lot growing up, so that story is pretty much prominent in people’s minds. So when you put that out there on the court against me, then the refs are going to want to give him a little bit more. So when he run up on me like a pit bull, grab me, hold me, I don’t mind it. That’s how he makes his money. That’s how he feeds his family. But if I throw something back, let us play. You get what I’m saying? I got four or five offensive fouls like that. I’m just trying to figure out each possession how I can be effective without getting offensive fouls.

I think KD respects the D of Beverley. He's asked questions about the matchup and gives his honest appraisal. PS: D means defence.

In this series, it’s kind of weird because when a guy is that small, you’ve got the advantage, but we did David and Goliath a lot growing up, so that story is pretty much prominent in people’s minds. So when you put that out there on the court against me, then the refs are going to want to give him a little bit more. So when he run up on me like a pit bull, grab me, hold me, I don’t mind it. That’s how he makes his money. That’s how he feeds his family. But if I throw something back, let us play. You get what I’m saying? I got four or five offensive fouls like that. I’m just trying to figure out each possession how I can be effective without getting offensive fouls.

Yeah, it's interesting. I mean Beverley fouls him basically every possession and it is hard to ref. Please don't see that as a complaint though. That's always been the way when a smaller guy guards a bigger guy. Steph gets away with stuff when he's switched onto, say a, LeBron. And Green gets away with stuff if he's guarding a center.

But I agree that if you aren't going to call Beverley for fouls, you shouldn't be too harsh on Durant for offensive fouls either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back