Live Event The 2019 NBA playoffs thread - Round 1 and Conference Semi finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Any assessment of Harden's game being anything but terrible is wrong.
This makes no sense unless you’re comparing it to Harden’s own lofty standards. His team was down 2 down at 3/4 time and he had 14 last qtr points to get his team a playoff road win in a place that’s tough to win in and in a game they were the underdog in betting markets. He was still his team’s leader in points, assists and steals. His shooting was terrible absolutely, but saying his whole game was terrible is a bit much for me.

This makes no sense unless you’re comparing it to Harden’s own lofty standards.

Anyone shooting 3/20 had a terrible game no matter what standards they are held to. But you're right, it makes it even more so because he's Harden.

His team was down 2 down at 3/4 time and he had 14 last qtr points to get his team a playoff road win in a place that’s tough to win in and in a game they were the underdog in betting markets. He was still his team’s leader in points, assists and steals. His shooting was terrible absolutely, but saying his whole game was terrible is a bit much for me.

Good point. If he shoots (a still terrible) 5/14 in the first three quarters rather than 0/14 his team would have been up double digits.

I mean Durant got grilled for his Game 2 performance. No one would have said after the game "Other than turnovers Durant was good. He shot 5/8 from the field, and 11/12 from the line, had 5 assists and 5 rebounds". Nope, Durant was s**t, just like Harden.

His team was down 2 down at 3/4 time

Maybe you should be giving the credit to his teammates for it still being a game at 3 quarter time despite Harden's performance.

Waiting patiently for the "Best of Donovan Mitchell, worst of Donovan Mitchell" article from The Ringer. But it's always been a non stop slurp fest with Mitchell so it'll prob never come.

Mitchell gets a lot of s**t around the internet for being an inefficient scorer. He's had plenty on B+F.

You may not see a lot of negative articles on him, but that's more of a "no one cares about Utah" thing, than "everyone loves Mitchell" thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like every game in Bost v Indy has been the same.

Both play about the same for all the game and then talent wins it for Boston in the end.

Yep, a closer in Oladipo and better care of the ball late and this would have been a good series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. If he shoots (a still terrible) 5/14 in the first three quarters rather than 0/14 his team would have been up double digits.

I mean Durant got grilled for his Game 2 performance. No one would have said after the game "Other than turnovers Durant was good. He shot 5/8 from the field, and 11/12 from the line, had 5 assists and 5 rebounds". Nope, Durant was s**t, just like Harden.

Maybe you should be giving the credit to his teammates for it still being a game at 3 quarter time despite Harden's performance.

Durant’s team lost and he had the intensity of a flaccid penis when the game was on the line. He was beaten by a guard who he had 8 inches on in height and he fouled out after his team gave up a 31 point lead which is a record. That’s definitely a terrible performance.

Harden’s team won and he shook off a deplorable shooting night to score 14 last qtr points and get his team a road win. Unlike Durant, he kept attacking and went 14/16 at the FT line. Credit his team for keeping them in it, but then you have to credit Harden for bringing them home.

To class those two performances as the same is so far off the mark, it’s ridiculous.

Mitchell gets a lot of s**t around the internet for being an inefficient scorer. He's had plenty on B+F.

You may not see a lot of negative articles on him, but that's more of a "no one cares about Utah" thing, than "everyone loves Mitchell" thing.
He's 22 in his second season

Call me crazy but I'll give him time to hone his craft

Westbrook is the biggest waste of talent ever, could be anything but chooses to be a brinklayer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back