Live Chat The 2019 NBA playoffs thread - Round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ron

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good win Spurs. Looked like they were going to throw it away in the last couple of minutes, thankfully the Nugs made some dumb decisions and missed some easy shots.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Nice. I thought Spurs and Magic could win. I didn't foresee Brooklyn however as some tipped them to get past Phili. I think Raptors will still get past Magic but Spurs have a good shot to get past the Nuggets. I enjoyed Raps and Nuggs games, watched a bit of Phili too and didn't bother with Warriors. Skipped right to the last quarter as I figured it would be a blowout and didn't both watching the rest.

Great start to the playoffs. Oh and if only Gasol's 3 sunk! Other end and BOOM! Dagger

Gak Attack

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Shooting was the difference. I would have said Denver played better 'playoff' basketball today in terms of their defence and rebounding
I thought more in those last few plays, they didn't panic. I'm sure Murray won't make a mistake like that again but thought that was playoff nerves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Son of Skeletor

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
If you're referring to Dallas, it's the 4th-largest metro area in the US, behind New York, LA and Chicago. Never understand why people pretend it and Houston (5th-largest metro area) are anything less than massive markets, especially considering their growth over the last decade.

Failure to capitalise on a massive market size doesn't make it "small".
He was talking about the Lakers...

And he wasn't being serious.

SunGirl89

All Australian
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
#1 thing I have always hated about basketball is the inane ******* music.

76ers game it was super loud and never-ending. Hope they get bundled out 1st round.

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
He was talking about the Lakers...

And he wasn't being serious.
Fair enough.

Nevertheless, there does seem to be an idea around that Dallas and Houston aren't major markets, which I've never really understood, based on the reasons I outlined earlier.

fidstar

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Cousins 21 minutes - minus 17
No Cousins 27 minutes - plus 34

Looney was plus 30 in 17 minutes.

I mean it won't cost us in a series vs the Clips, but it's going to be important come later rounds.

Curry didn't even take a shot until half way through the first (meanwhile Cousins had taken 4). That just shouldn't happen.

SunGirl89

All Australian
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pacers with just 8 points in the 3rd.

How many instances would there be each season of teams failing to score 10 in a quarter?

Son of Skeletor

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
It's insane.

I've somehow managed to find myself supporting arguably the three most disappointing teams in three different sports.

Dockers
Tottenham
Raptors

Hey we're not disappointing! We're just, uh... trophy challenged.

Top Bottom