Live Event The 2019 NBA playoffs thread - Round 1 and Conference Semi finals

Remove this Banner Ad

31 up at home with a team fielding Durant and Curry? they get Lou Williams'd again?

haha yeah right. National Bullshit Association.

What the truck. Arriving in Wodonga after a crunt long drive and the Clippers won?

Lou should never have been typecast a 6th man he is a BALLER.

Butler is huge in big moments for them. See game winners.

And you can’t underestimate Redicks worth to that team. Massive

Sure, and they have bird rights on all of them.

But even still, spreading what Butler and Redick do over multiple players is not such a drop that would see them fall down the standings in any meaningful way. And fwiw, they'll have far more regret over letting Shamet go than if JJ walks in the summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's really only a matter of time Embidd becomes a hated man.

Much like the Warriors, you're only loved up to a point and then it turns quickly and you can't do anything without being hated.

His laughing in this moment is really bad.

It's got to be based purely on amount of money bet rather than actual odds.
It’d be an anchor leg in quite a few multis.

Crazily enough they were wound in from $1.50 to $1.45 post loss.

It’d be an anchor leg in quite a few multis.

Crazily enough they were wound in from $1.50 to $1.45 post loss.

I don't think the actual loss was that big a deal.

I think we still handle the Clippers.

It just seems super cheap for what's coming up.

Even if you think the Warriors are 100% against the Clips, 80% against Houston, 90% against Denver/Portland and 80% against Bucks, that's still like $1.80.

And I think those percentages are being super generous to the Warriors based on what we've seen this year. Throw in the 25% chance Steph has of getting injured and it makes $1.45 seem terrible.

I'd have them about $3. Comfortable favorites, but easily beatable.

I don't think the actual loss was that big a deal.

I think we still handle the Clippers.

It just seems super cheap for what's coming up.

Even if you think the Warriors are 100% against the Clips, 80% against Houston, 90% against Denver/Portland and 80% against Bucks, that's still like $1.80.

And I think those percentages are being super generous to the Warriors based on what we've seen this year. Throw in the 25% chance Steph has of getting injured and it makes $1.45 seem terrible.

I'd have them about $3. Comfortable favorites, but easily beatable.

I think the loss is significant, but not for this series.

I think the Warriors will beat the Clippers.

The main effect is on other teams that come onto the Warriors floor know that it’s nothing like the fortress it once was. Teams will keep coming at them knowing they can junk big leads, whereas previously they’d throw in the towel. Also Durant’s game yesterday was just bizarre. He took 8 shots for the game.

I think the loss is significant, but not for this series.

I think the Warriors will beat the Clippers.

Also Durant’s game yesterday was just bizarre. He took 8 shots for the game.

In the last 10 games of the season he had games of 9, 6, 5, 7 and 7 shots. So it seems to be a continuation of that (he only averaged 18ppg during that stretch of 10 games).

I had assumed he was resting as Steph finished the season well and Durant wasn't really needed.

But last night he was needed in the third quarter. Steph got his 4th foul and went out with 8 minutes left in the 3rd and Warriors up 31. That was time for Durant to control the game. He took one shot (and made it) in the next 6 minutes. And when he checked out with 2 minutes to go in the third the lead was down to 16.

And by that time LAC had belief and ran all over the top of the Warriors.

I mean it's not like Durant is shooting bad (he's shooting 54% for the series). Just shoot the damn ball!

The main effect is on other teams that come onto the Warriors floor know that it’s nothing like the fortress it once was. Teams will keep coming at them knowing they can junk big leads, whereas previously they’d throw in the towel.

That's fair enough, but it also underrates how great a road team we are. We're actually better on the road this year than at home on both offense and defense, so I'm not so worried about that.

It's really only a matter of time Embidd becomes a hated man.

Much like the Warriors, you're only loved up to a point and then it turns quickly and you can't do anything without being hated.

His laughing in this moment is really bad.

Not much in that I reckon.

I can see why non-76er fans are keen to hate on Simmons though. Looks a total flog-socket and routinely soft when it gets tough down the stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back