Prediction The 2019 predictions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrimshaw and Minchington will only play a handful of games this season, fringe players to start off with
Wingard will be slow off the mark with Scully to make an instant impact
We pick up Irving Mosquito
With Pittonet turning 23 he will get a run of a few games going but not enough to make Ceglar step aside (not this year anyway)

Debutantes: Moore, Hanrahan
Breakouts: Glass, Cousins, Mirra, Nash

You can't be so certain at this stage. Both may find an extra few gears over the preseason and absolutely tear it up during the practice matches. Be really hard to keep them out of the starting 22 if that was the case.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
You can't be so certain at this stage. Both may find an extra few gears over the preseason and absolutely tear it up during the practice matches. Be really hard to keep them out of the starting 22 if that was the case.
He’s not certain. That’s why it’s in the predictions thread.

Sep 22, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
HAWTHORN
Dal Santo and Brad Johnson have us finishing 14th-15th so let’s just pack this thread up now shall we
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this has been touched on, so apologies for flogging a dead horse. It just makes me giggle a little bit to hear the likes of Brad Johnson in the media. There’s too many Brad Johnsons in the media (Brent Harvey, Cameron Ling, Jimmy Bartel, etc.) who are little more than fanboys, either pumping their side up or showing little respect to other teams. I’ve heard Brad Johnson tip the Bulldogs to beat a white hot ladder leading Richmond at the ‘G when languishing in the bottom 4. He’s got no idea and shouldn’t be given any airtime.

Dal Santo, on the other hand at least tries to be impartial and is pretty fair in what he has to say (I hope he is very wrong on this occasion). Even though I wasn’t a massive fan of these blokes when they played, I enjoy the way how the likes of Dal Santo, Lloyd and Riewoldt aren’t fence sitters and try to remove any bias to their old teams.

Opinions are like you know what because we all have one. I even saw/heard Lingy say at the start of the finals this year that the cats were 2nd behind the tigers on his list of teams that could win the flag. WTF? o_O

In 2019, we'll be the best 4th Quarter Team in the League.

Throughout 2018, we were referred to as (one of?) the best 3rd Quarter Team in the League. Add Birch + Scully & we get a lot better at running out games than any other team (who knows what Norf will do....).

If teams don't have a 3+ goal lead over us at Half Time: Forget About It!

(*except Geelong, where we'll hold a 22 point lead 10 mins into the 4th & a bunch of whimsical rules will be invented/ignored so as to bring them back into the game)...

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sammy Mitchell will make our Midfield so much better
He's not playing. He's a coach and an inexperienced one.

While it is well known that he is very knowledgeable and has been preparing for a coaching career for a while. And I fully believe that he will be a senior coach one day.

He is a second year coach and to assume that he will automatically do a much better job than Brett Ratton is insulting to Ratts.

I hope for the best but people need to cool thier jets on him being a messiah.

1. We already have the best coach in the game, perhaps ever.
2. We have the raining brownlow medallist
3. We have Jaeger who is one of the most talented and dedicated players in the game.
4. Our midfield did pretty well last year and our young players developed really well.

Sammy is not going to be a huge change in this progression but will no doubt play his part.

May 24, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn

While it is well known that he is very knowledgeable and has been preparing for a coaching career for a while. And I fully believe that he will be a senior coach one day.

He is a second year coach and to assume that he will automatically do a much better job than Brett Ratton is insulting to Ratts.

3. We have Jaeger who is one of the most talented and dedicated players in the game.
4. Our midfield did pretty well last year and our young players developed really well.

Sammy is not going to be a huge change in this progression but will no doubt play his part.
nah he god

If you can't see what he did with the West Coast midfield last year and get excited about it, I'm not sure what to tell you. He took Redden on as a project player and he went from being an in-and-out of the seniors type player to a key cog in a premiership winning team.

West Coast beat the two most dominant midfield units in the comp in their two last games, missing their best ruck and their best midfielder - Sam's strategy allowed them to remove Gawn and Grundy from the game entirely and took a relatively shallow midfield to a premiership.

Ratten is not a bad coach, and in no way is this insulting to him - it's just an admission that he'd been here a while, and turnover is healthy. Sam brings something new, he understands the game a bit better as a player due to playing it more recently and he's a better fit for us right now.

Midfield coordination will improve dramatically with Mitch, and that will only amplify natural progression.

RIOLINWITPUNCHS

Big Footy Member
Sep 30, 2009
Back Of My Kombi
AFL Club
Hawthorn
End of H and A next year. This how I see it.

20181221_152222.jpg

What's everyone else's thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of H and A next year. This how I see it.

View attachment 597531

What's everyone else's thoughts?
While I’m happy you have Geelong & Sydney out of the 8, I wish you could get Essendone & WCE out of there as well.
Maybe replace them with teams that are insignificant like StKilda & Carlton

Actually while we’re at it, get rid of Adelaide & GWS & replace with Doggies & Nought Melb.
Leaving Cats as only Vic team to miss the 8

Oh my dream Top 8. With The Mighty Hawks obviously winning the flag

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arizona DiamondBacks
I'm never picking Sydney to miss the 8 in a season before I actually see it happen again, haven't missed the 8 since 2009.

They will take our record of most year in a row in the finals. We are on 13 there on 9 five more years.

CJ to debut Round 1.
Lewis to kick 3 in his first game of 2019.

Hawks play finals, knock out Adelaide in Adelaide.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Jaeger and Sicily will make the All Australian team for the first time

Roughead will improve on last year and go around again in 2020

Dylan Moore will play 10+ games next season and get a rising star nom at some point

Scrimshaw will be cemented in out best 22 by the end of the season and be one of our most promising young prospects for the future

If that's the case, there's no way there'll be three finals at the MCG in week one, so guess who'll be shunted off to Comic Book Stadium?

There were 3 finals at the MCG in week one of the 2013 finals series.

There were 3 finals at the MCG in week one of the 2013 finals series.

There were four finals in Victoria that weekend, and the Cats-Dockers game would have been played at Docklands but for the Cats (and their media cheersquad) insisting on playing it at Kardinia.

Fat lot of good it did them, too... :tearsofjoy:

(As for the prelim. v those self-entitled pricks two weeks later, we really should have won by five goals but for our crap kicking for goal, and their ridiculous umpire-assisted run-on in the third.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back