Review The 2019 season launch (a retrospective)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

"we were going to leave no stone unturned in our preparation for 2019"

"Our list is in very good shape"

"....let them underestimate us again, let them play down expectations on our team, let them call us outside chances, because that's what we thrive on......"

"I am coaching a group, who as a whole, are the best character group i've ever coached"

"Our fighting spirit is our competitive edge, our never beaten culture is our competitive edge, our shinboner culture is our competitive edge"

"I know that if we can execute what we've been working on, 2019 looks fantastic for us, and we look forward as always to making you proud"

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You have to give it to Bard though - a great salesman - has the Board fooled, had the majority of BF fooled and has all the players on side.

After 10 years of mediocrity only the very best snake oil sales guy could achieve that.

lol...no stone unturned in our prep...one week later....oops I admit I overlooked how important the new 6-6-6 rule might be...2 weeks later ....we probably did underestimate how important w80's departure might be....

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last years doco and an over achieving 2018 season (to north melbourne standards) have been used as propaganda to ensure that everyone believes everything will be fine.

Brad should have worn pink and spoke Korean to more accurately depict what he’s about.

Leave my Korean's out of it !

Think that’s bad? Go back and find the 2017 Syd Barker speeches.

The MCG Collingwood fiasco Presser

Go back to the Perth Final of 2012 and look for organic growth

The only bloke to ever speak his mind in the past 10 years was Boomer
And me, but you wouldn’t listen!!

To sacking him mid season?
No I wont listen.

To moving him on at the end of contract?
Would listen, are listening.
When was the first BBB thread? Mid season, end of season, start of season, who cares. We should have gotten ridden of him ASAP after the “easy fixes” comment. For me, that was the bullshit comment that broke the camels back.

BUT you continued to back him for another 5 years. 5 years that have seen us where we are now.

I’m almost done with the “told you so” posts, almost. But at the moment, when I think of the NMFC it’s about the only thing that make the edges of my mouth curly up ever so slightly.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
When was the first BBB thread? Mid season, end of season, start of season, who cares. We should have gotten ridden of him ASAP after the “easy fixes” comment. For me, that was the bullshit comment that broke the camels back.

BUT you continued to back him for another 5 years. 5 years that have seen us where we are now.

I’m almost done with the “told you so” posts, almost. But at the moment, when I think of the NMFC it’s about the only thing that make the edges of my mouth curly up ever so slightly.

Mine was you don't sack any Coach mid season, nothing good has ever come of it anywhere

Perhaps there was an opportunity to move him on before the extension, they didn't and only the future dictates what happens next.

You need to stop looking in your rear view mirror, it will eat you up.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Mine was you don't sack any Coach mid season, nothing good has ever come of it anywhere

Perhaps there was an opportunity to move him on before the extension, they didn't and only the future dictates what happens next.

You need to stop looking in your rear view mirror, it will eat you up.

I think Denis had a saying about rear view mirrors.

Would pay good money to watch McGowan quote that back to him at a presser and ask what’s gone wrong.

McGowan is an AFL paid stooge. Did the campaigner have the balls to call out the bullshit that was letting Daniher play? Of course not.

campaigners like McGowan have been predicting the demise of North for years, the first time it might happen they have the ky jelly and tissues at the ready.

Back