Review The 2019 season launch (a retrospective)

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What do you expect him to say at a club launch the year after we won 12 games despite predictions that we’d win the spoon?
These days i would be expecting something along the lines of, " this car will provide you with many years of care free motoring" and " mary in the next office will help you out with our paint protection system"

Last years doco and an over achieving 2018 season (to north melbourne standards) have been used as propaganda to ensure that everyone believes everything will be fine.

Brad should have worn pink and spoke Korean to more accurately depict what he’s about.

If you think about 2017 and how many games we lost by under a goal realistically we should have finished with about 8 or 9 wins and last years performance would have been seen as ... wait for it ... natural organic development.

IMG_3580.JPG

Scotts leaving no stone unturned. :stern look

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM

"we were going to leave no stone unturned in our preparation for 2019"

"Our list is in very good shape"

"....let them underestimate us again, let them play down expectations on our team, let them call us outside chances, because that's what we thrive on......"

"I am coaching a group, who as a whole, are the best character group i've ever coached"

"Our fighting spirit is our competitive edge, our never beaten culture is our competitive edge, our shinboner culture is our competitive edge"

"I know that if we can execute what we've been working on, 2019 looks fantastic for us, and we look forward as always to making you proud"

Then Round 1 happened and it was time for a forensic review.

Politician.

Mine was you don't sack any Coach mid season, nothing good has ever come of it anywhere
Just seen this Gaso.
Eade was "sacked" mid season. Roos went on to win a premiership.
Schwab was "sacked" mid season. Clarkson went on to win a premiership or 3.
Wallace was "sacked" mid season. Hardwick went on to win a premiership.

yeah, you're right. Nothing good has ever come of it anywhere.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Just seen this Gaso.
Eade was "sacked" mid season. Roos went on to win a premiership.
Schwab was "sacked" mid season. Clarkson went on to win a premiership or 3.
Wallace was "sacked" mid season. Hardwick went on to win a premiership.

yeah, you're right. Nothing good has ever come of it anywhere.

Obviously retribution for the Drs Surgery post yesterday trawling to ‘just seen this’ from months ago

Visit the Game of Thrones thread

You might find some more gold nuggets of mine to reply to because you just ‘seen this’

Obviously retribution for the Drs Surgery post yesterday trawling to ‘just seen this’ from months ago

Visit the Game of Thrones thread

You might find some more gold nuggets of mine to reply to because you just ‘seen this’
I was O/S at the time, I didn't bump the tread some else did.

But yeah, good way to answer. You could have just said, "yeah I was wrong"

BTW, yesterdays post was fricking hilarious. No seriously, it was brilliant wit. I loved it, some of your finest work.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I was O/S at the time, I didn't bump the tread some else did.

But yeah, good way to answer. You could have just said, "yeah I was wrong"

BTW, yesterdays post was fricking hilarious. No seriously, it was brilliant wit. I loved it, some of your finest work.

The day I admit I was wrong will be the day after you admit you were wrong

All good

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

"....let them underestimate us again, let them play down expectations on our team, let them call us outside chances, because that's what we thrive on......"

"I am coaching a group, who as a whole, are the best character group i've ever coached"

"Our fighting spirit is our competitive edge, our never beaten culture is our competitive edge, our shinboner culture is our competitive edge"

"I know that if we can execute what we've been working on, 2019 looks fantastic for us, and we look forward as always to making you proud"

I still want to know - what were we working on all summer - I suspect it was putting numbers behind the ball at centre bounces....

They may be great characters, but they aren't playing great footy.

FFS.

Back