List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I fear that with one horror year we've now made ourselves undesirable to good players. They won't consider us unless we pay well over, and now apparently we can't do that because there's no cash left!

So, if we take the above at face value, in theory we should be freeing up $1.4M in cap space at least with the guys currently crossed out. Not sure if I've missed anyone there. Jones can also look forward to a substantially reduced contract, but part of his salary wouldn't count to the cap due to the number of years he's played for us, too. The guys in green would be looking for pay rises, so that'd eat up a chunk, but why wouldn't we be able to afford a very good player if one became available?

Someone walk me through how Kade Kolodashnij can be on more than the average wage given he's hardly played a game for three years. Ditto AVB. We're also paying the Pig a primo salary for a decent rebounding defender. Also paying Preuss a lot to be a backup ruckman. ANB and Stretch have also done well to land decent salaries for players who are barely AFL standard.

KK I had on 300k. I don’t think he’s on more but he wouldn’t be on less than 250k.

We paid AVB an increase to keep him from leaving. At the time, he would have been given 350. His end to last year was excellent.

We paid Preuss to leave. Needed the extra to get over the line.

ANB and Stretch are on the avg. I didn’t think that was unreasonable. At the time they signed they were both firmly in our plans. Similar to why Jeffy would have been on a lot more than his value.

Langdon 500k
Tomlinson 400-450k
Elliott 400k

KK I had on 300k. I don’t think he’s on more but he wouldn’t be on less than 250k.

We paid AVB an increase to keep him from leaving. At the time, he would have been given 350. His end to last year was excellent.

ANB and Stretch are on the avg. I didn’t think that was unreasonable. At the time they signed they were both firmly in our plans. Similar to why Jeffy would have been on a lot more than his value.

Langdon 500k
Tomlinson 400-450k
Elliott 400k

That still means our salary cap is full which is horrible mismanagement. How did we not front load contracts

That still means our salary cap is full which is horrible mismanagement. How did we not front load contracts
Front load , back load , maybe we have and this year its just full , i have no idea . Not knowing how these contracts are structured does make it hard to to work out .

Disagree. Players are already announcing which new clubs they want to play for and assistant coaches are getting poached also. Our offseason started as soon as ANB missed his running shot at goal down in Tassie.
Some players have announced ... Most of the decent players haven't and we don't even know what draft pick we will get. I wouldn't get all panicked yet

Rance - May
Grimes - Lever
Martin - Oliver
Riewoldt - Tmac
Gawn - Lynch
Cotchin - Viney
Edwards - Brayshaw

Gawn is the only one who deserves to be on pay parity so I don't understand how we f’ed our cap so bad.
Is any of this actually factual, I find it very hard to believe Oliver and Viney would even be close to those 2 and Bradshaw signed a team friendly deal

Langdon 500k
Tomlinson 400-450k
Elliott 400k

Would 400k get Elliot? And idea of how many years we have out in front of him?

I know Riewoldt chose to ask for a reduced salary in order to fit Lynch in but he'd still be on good coin. Plus that's what successful clubs do too; take pay cuts to have sustained success. Now we've had one rubbish year our players will be back to thinking of themselves. That's not a dig at thrm as they only have short careers and not many people would do a Riewoldt. But if we wanted to get serious about freeing up space to improve our team I'd love to see it! :p
Players on contract taking pay cuts for the overall benefit of the club, what a stupid idea and just look at the debilitating effect it had on the rest of the playing list,Richmond haven’t looked like being competitive all year

Players on contract taking pay cuts for the overall benefit of the club, what a stupid idea and just look at the debilitating effect it had on the rest of the playing list,Richmond haven’t looked like being competitive all year

Pretty big difference between asking a bloke on 800k to shave off 100 than asking a bloke with concussion history and not a great prospect for future work to lose 50% of their income.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty big difference between asking a bloke on 800k to shave off 100 than asking a bloke with concussion history and not a great prospect for future work to lose 50% of their income.
So you agree with me then, it is ok to ask blokes to take a pay cut for the overall benefit of the club

Would 400k get Elliot? And idea of how many years we have out in front of him?

From what I’m hearing it sounds like we were offering around 900k 2 years, but Elliott is hell bent on 3 years. I think we looked at a third year but heavily reduced.

From what I’m hearing it sounds like we were offering around 900k 2 years, but Elliott is hell bent on 3 years. I think we looked at a third year but heavily reduced.

450k a year is pretty good money for Jamie, maybe we offer the third at 350k.

Or a 3rd year at the full 450k based on performance and getting on the park.

Go back and read them again and stop embarassing yourself. The only comparison was their best players vs ours.
Go back and read them again and stop embarassing yourself. The only comparison was their best players vs ours.
I know what you posted it’s there for all to read that’s how I know you were making s**t up, if it was just best v best you would if left it at that but you didn’t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back