List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Frost leaves I wouldn't be surprised to see TMac move back and Petty/Weid given a go as a forward duo. It'll be a disaster unless our midfield improves but the comic value will be great.

Need a fit and firing TMac forward, IMO. From what I saw of Petty, think he has more of a future as a forward than a defender... just needs to sort that kicking out. Can probably squeeze Weid in there if we have more pace on the park.

I'd rather we kept Frost and used him, May and Lever as our talls down back. Gives us plenty of flexibility to switch things up if needed, and if Jetta, Salem, Hibberd and Hore make up the other three spots, we don't have any glaring weaknesses... except maybe the lightning quick smalls, given Jetta's and Hibberd's advancing age.

Lol, Bradshaw played as a KPF tho.

Bruce is St.Kilda's best KPF. Not even debatable. I think hes a better/more important/harder player to develop or find than Membrey despite what the stats might have you believe.

Hes comfortably better than Weid too. Significant upgrade.

Yeah, I don't care where Bradshaw played or what point you were trying to make, or that Membrey is apparently not the type of forward that is allowed to be better than Josh Bruce even though he takes more marks, kicks more goals, etc.

He may well be better than Weid, but if we're going to chase someone like Bruce, then the Weid has to get shipped out. We don't need to double up on tall forwards and defenders when we need good wingers and small forwards. Its the difference between a significant improvement for the side and a small increment - when we're coming off a 17th place finish, we need a significant improvement.

Yeah, I don't care where Bradshaw played or what point you were trying to make, or that Membrey is apparently not the type of forward that is allowed to be better than Josh Bruce even though he takes more marks, kicks more goals, etc.

He may well be better than Weid, but if we're going to chase someone like Bruce, then the Weid has to get shipped out. We don't need to double up on tall forwards and defenders when we need good wingers and small forwards. Its the difference between a significant improvement for the side and a small increment - when we're coming off a 17th place finish, we need a significant improvement.

I'd gladly ship Weid out. Never was a believer, two weeks of quality football when our midfield was firing on all cylinders (that any KPF would relish) is all he has shown.

I'd gladly ship Weid out. Never was a believer, two weeks of quality football when our midfield was firing on all cylinders (that any KPF would relish) is all he has shown.

Yeah, that's fair enough, I'm not convinced either. He needs to do something next season if he's going to be anything at all, whether that's here or somewhere else. If we sign another key forward, whether Jenkins, Bruce or otherwise, we should be shopping the Weid around and filling some of the other holes in the side.

Need a fit and firing TMac forward, IMO. From what I saw of Petty, think he has more of a future as a forward than a defender... just needs to sort that kicking out. Can probably squeeze Weid in there if we have more pace on the park.

I'd rather we kept Frost and used him, May and Lever as our talls down back. Gives us plenty of flexibility to switch things up if needed, and if Jetta, Salem, Hibberd and Hore make up the other three spots, we don't have any glaring weaknesses... except maybe the lightning quick smalls, given Jetta's and Hibberd's advancing age.
Petty is a glorious and resplendent forward. TMac needs to show he can play as the number one KPF without the midfield firing on all cylinders (that any KPF would relish) - otherwise he's more useful in defence IMO. Unless of course teams start sending their best defender to Petty (who wouldn't).

OMac is a glorious and resplendent forward. TMac needs to show he can play as the number one KPF without the midfield firing on all cylinders (that any KPF would relish) - otherwise he's more useful in defence IMO. Unless of course teams start sending their best defender to Petty (who wouldn't).

Fixed. Everyone had a shite year last year. How about the midfield goes back to firing on all cylinders and you can speculate on whether TMac is a capable forward or not with less service? Its not like our delivery was particularly good in 2018, either. If the players are at least fit in pre-season, we'll get a better gauge of who is a mineral and who is a vegetable.

Jesus *, the trade period goes on until next Wednesday for player trades. I thought it'd be over on the weekend. The only winners here are the journos and the caterers.

I agree we should be keeping Frost, but my point is that there aren't many clubs who have a good 5th choice key defender lying around. You don't plan for 3 or 4 injuries in one part of the ground. If you are, again, the 5th choice bloke isn't the problem.
I agree with what you’re saying re the fitness of players. What I am saying is that if we lose Frost and then by unfortunate circumstance May or Lever gets hurt, we have to play Oscar or move Tomlinson back. There’s no reason why Frost, Lever and May can’t all play together.

Im not sure we prioritising Oscar over Frost, we were just stupid enough to sign him to a contract before the start of last season and now we are stuck with him.
Let’s not make the same mistake with frost then, 500 + is a lot of money for a bloke whos main selling point would appear to be he is less s**t than omac which I don’t entirely agree with

Let’s not make the same mistake with frost then, 500 + is a lot of money for a bloke whos main selling point would appear to be he is less s**t than omac which I don’t entirely agree with

I've already posted that I agree with the club's decision given the offers from elsewhere, and I love Frosty.

One full * contract re-signing by the club is enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell wanting 3 more like

Bell wants #3 or Mahoney wants to give away #3? Probably haggling over whether our second pick should be included as well.

Pick 3 for 6 and Finlayson would be pretty good. DB mentioned a few names being thrown up and I liked Finlayson the most. Plus, it would stop Bell asking for whatever we get from splitting the pick.

On CPH1701 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would not surprise me if we do another one of these deals 3 for 6 and a player didn’t Taylor say other than 1 and 2 top 10 pretty even.

Just read that Matthew Broadbent was delisted. Not a bad player at all and heaps of experience. Uses the ball well. Would he be a good addition? KK isn’t looking much good and Frost is on the way out.
Absolutely not

sounds like using 22 maybe something back? If they get 18 in the hill deal maybe we giving 22 and frost pick hopefully 30 we get and 18 back get them more points for Henry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back