List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We lost like 5 games by under two goals to bottom teams in 2017. Win even two of those and I think we would have finished top 4.
We finished 3 wins a % outside top 4

Last year if we beat Geelong X2 or Stkilda in the games we lost by under a kick we finish clear 2nd on the ladder. Can't pick an choose when we hypothetically win

I like this 2017 revisionism. I'm into it.

We beat Adelaide that year (?) and should have rolled Richmond too. Jeffy was electric that year

I assume Phillips is too similar to Langdon, and that his salary isn't big enough to help the Pies in a dump situation.

I'd love Mihocek or WHE, also happy to have a crack at Daicos.

Geelong have confirmed they want a top 10 pick. They currently have 14 and 17. You would assume they would come after us... but i'd still like a top 10 pick. It would be different if they had, 11 and 15 or something.

Are GWS looking to offload pick 6? Or is the pick swap with the Saints exactly what they were looking to do with us?

Are GWS looking to offload pick 6? Or is the pick swap with the Saints exactly what they were looking to do with us?
They don’t want anyone bidding on their academy player Tom Green before their first pick who would likely get a bid in the top 5.

I’d say they would still want a higher pick than 6

This Trade is boring as batshit for Melbourne. I want to see some action.
At least we are not Norf, not a single player has nominated them and every player linked to them has either resigned with their original club or nominated the saints or blues who finished below them this year

Mahoney has said he wants to go early in the 1st Round this year, so I think a third Club would need to be involved - possibly St Kilda?

He was AA in 2017, I’d argue that 2018 was our best year.

Last year if we beat Geelong X2 or Stkilda in the games we lost by under a kick we finish clear 2nd on the ladder. Can't pick an choose when we hypothetically win

2018 was our better year as far as overall performance.

But 2017 was a greater achievement (I know we didn't make finals) considering the injuries we had. Gawn missed half a year, ditto Hogan, Jones and Viney (when they were good) missed 5-6 weeks each, Brayshaw hardly played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ironically I'd say Milkshakes has given better value than Hibberd. Ironic because it's polar opposite to reactions at the time of the trades.

Hibberd is an imposter I reckon. I genuinely think he's been a borderline spud since his AA season. Milkshakes has been very good when fit.

I reckon I was the only one on this board who was completely against getting Hibberd. At first he was making me look a bit silly but now...crickey, he's fallen off a cliff

Also, having lost out for Jamie Elliott, would happily grab Tory Dickson for a year or two for nothing in return. Yeh, he's 32, but he started late and averages 16 games and 25 goals a season.

2018 was our better year as far as overall performance.

But 2017 was a greater achievement (I know we didn't make finals) considering the injuries we had. Gawn missed half a year, ditto Hogan, Jones and Viney (when they were good) missed 5-6 weeks each, Brayshaw hardly played
I can see both sides, until we can beat top 6 sides that aren't WC in Perth I won't rate much of what we do though.

The only way we become an excellent team is if we make the MCG our fortress.

Pulling away wins out of our ass against Adel and WCE etc isn't sustainable. We simply have to get better at defending the MCG like Richmond does. Getting two really hard running, mature wingers is definitely going to help, even if they are limited in other ways.

Getting our really talented back 6 just playing together regularly is the other key, which hopefully is where our new fitness guy comes into it - and perhaps May learning not to belt people or sink schooners whilst in rehab.

Warming to Paul Pauopolo for a year if we can't jag any of the other quality small forwards. Keep him really fit, maybe just play him at the MCG/Etihad, tell him he doesn't need to travel. Just get yourself fit and ready to run around the MCG chasing people all day and there's a contract for you.

Also, having lost out for Jamie Elliott, would happily grab Tory Dickson for a year or two for nothing in return. Yeh, he's 32, but he started late and averages 16 games and 25 goals a season.

No way. We have soooo many slowish medium marking forwards. We need forward pressure and crumbing ability. Maybe a mature key forward back up but the last thing we need is another medium type.

The only way we become an excellent team is if we make the MCG our fortress.

Pulling away wins out of our ass against Adel and WCE etc isn't sustainable. We simply have to get better at defending the MCG like Richmond does. Getting two really hard running, mature wingers is definitely going to help, even if they are limited in other ways.

Getting our really talented back 6 just playing together regularly is the other key, which hopefully is where our new fitness guy comes into it - and perhaps May learning not to belt people or sink schooners whilst in rehab.

Warming to Paul Pauopolo for a year if we can't jag any of the other quality small forwards. Keep him really fit, maybe just play him at the MCG/Etihad, tell him he doesn't need to travel. Just get yourself fit and ready to run around the MCG chasing people all day and there's a contract for you.
Best way to do this is load up on inside mids, remove our wings and play 5 key defenders.

Any other idea is really irrelevant.

We were much more competitive against top teams in 2017 despite injuries. That’s what makes a good side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back