List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats Ben King done to say hes a generational player? fu** me must have missed those games. Yeah Hogan also tore the s**t out of the competition this year. GWS will/would take Jackson at 3/4 and play him forward for a year or 2. So you say we'll play him as a forward and some how that spits in the face of Gawn? If anything its telling Weid to pull his finger out. Neither May nor Hogan did fu** all this year so f’ed if i know how you can claim we didnt win the trade. Oliver was a reach when we got him as well according to every single phantom draft up until there was word we were gonna take him. Im sure you have watched every game of Jacksons to sit here and say how bad of a move its gonna be. Taking a player like Jackson is a bold move which isnt going to pay off in year 1 so fu** knows how you think the FD are going to pick him for a make or break year youd obviously go the other way and pick up the players who will actually have an impact next year but a lower ceiling.
Hush your mouth, Ben King has won the last 3 premierships for Aints, AA forward and 100 goals a season since being drafted. ;)

When did this thread turn into a Derek and Clive record?

There has been some Carlton level Nuff logic in here, along with Brian Taylor esque hyperbole and sentence structures that are only found in school shooters' Manifestos.

What has happened to us?

There has been some Carlton level Nuff logic in here, along with Brian Taylor esque hyperbole and sentence structures that are only found in school shooters' Manifestos.

What has happened to us?

That taste of success in 2018 has turned us to the dark side..

What has happened to us?
Classic stuff. Who are you calling a '****"

Cats asking about 10 over the last 24 hours.

14 & 17 for 10 & 28 is what I’m guessing.

Dees then have - 3,14,17

Cats - 10, 24, 28, 36, 93

Seems fair to me, but I guess arguments could be made that going up 4 places and dropping 11 isn’t ideal for the cats. Guess the question is, does moving up to 10 guarantee they get the player they think they’ll miss at 14?

Dees then have - 3,14,17

Seems fair to me, but I guess arguments could be made that going up 4 places and dropping 11 isn’t ideal for the cats. Guess the question is, does moving up to 10 guarantee they get the player they think they’ll miss at 14?

Every chance both Pickett and Weightman are gone by pick 13 which makes the Geelong scenario seriously problematic for us. Port (12) and Dogs (13) also both keen to pick up a small forward.

We need to do a deal with Port of 10&28 for 12&18. Hopefully they get desperate on draft day for a player still on the board at 10 that they really want.

Dees then have - 3,14,17

Well they cant trade til then anyway so Geelong will know on draft night if who they want is there or not

Well they cant trade til then anyway so Geelong will know on draft night if who they want is there or not

Yeah I think it’s more of a case of lining their ducks up. Knowing what the scenario would be when the time comes.

No doubt there is also a player or two that if slide and still available at 10 we will be taking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Ash being considered at 3 ?

Not from what I’m hearing. But my sources inside the club aren’t great. GWS expecting us to take Jackson.

Sounds like if we bid on Green, they will pass and take Jackson.

Not from what I’m hearing. But my sources inside the club aren’t great. GWS expecting us to take Jackson.

Sounds like if we bid on Green, they will pass and take Jackson.
There is obviously an element of need when it comes to GWS and Jackson, but I do find it funny to suggest that Jackson at 3 is a big reach, but if we don't take him, he's gone at 4.

It's also not without it's irony that some are dead against Jackson because we have Gawn, but want us to bid on Green when we already don't have space for the inside mids we have.

There is obviously an element of need when it comes to GWS and Jackson, but I do find it funny to suggest that Jackson at 3 is a big reach, but if we don't take him, he's gone at 4.

It's also not without it's irony that some are dead against Jackson because we have Gawn, but want us to bid on Green when we already don't have space for the inside mids we have.
Its alright we'll just chuck Brayshaw and Chunk on the wings/outside or down back im 100% sure thatd work out perfectly fine cant wait to see how that works for 2 dump kickers its a no fail for me

The bid on Green is more to do with taking away GWS ability to get 2 players in the top 5 -10, if they want him pay the price. If not take the ruckman/forward at 4. Rather chuck Green in the forwards for 12 months anyway..

The bid on Green is more to do with taking away GWS ability to get 2 players in the top 5 -10, if they want him pay the price. If not take the ruckman/forward at 4. Rather chuck Green in the forwards for 12 months anyway..
I get what its about, I just don't think clubs really care about it too much. Seems like they'll only bid if want the player, which is fair enough.

Not sure why Green is a better option as a forward than Jackson is ...

I get what its about, I just don't think clubs really care about it too much. Seems like they'll only bid if want the player, which is fair enough.

Not sure why Green is a better option as a forward than Jackson is ...
With me [my opinion] Green possibly better, more to go on with playing the game over time. Jackson might be good, might not, a risk I would take. Just me though.

For me Green vs Jackson is a question of 1st or 2nd best available vs 10th to 20th best available.

Green would come in and potentially be better than Viney plus Jones only has 1 year left. Green could open up our midfield more by allowing Gus and Oliver to break from packs instead of being first hands on the ball all the time where its easier to negate their impact. Plus our mids dont hit the score board enough, Green does.

Jackson would be 4th string ruck behind Gawn, Preuss and whoever Casey has signed up in a team that has been running with 1 ruck..

You are a bigger f@#ckwit than even I imagined. Wipe your nose and write something relevant.
How is that not relevant? The whole reason ya crying over Jackson is because we arent bidding on Green to stop a team getting another top 10 player. Yet we are gifting Freo that exact scenario while Freo also has the exact player we need so the risk of getting caught out isnt as great as getting a player we dont need with our 12 other inside mids.

How is that not relevant? The whole reason ya crying over Jackson is because we arent bidding on Green to stop a team getting another top 10 player. Yet we are gifting Freo that exact scenario while Freo also has the exact player we need so the risk of getting caught out isnt as great as getting a player we dont need with our 12 other inside mids.
Not crying over Jackson, just don't believe the hype he is best available at 3. Freemantle compared to GWS can have 2 picks for mine because they are also down the mid to bottom of the ladder, not just played in a GF. Freo has the exact player we need? Freo will have that player anyway, who you want to give the second pick to, GWS or Froe???. We don't need another inside mid, why the * do we need another ruckman that would rest forward and LEARN how to play a position he hasn't played often in juniors. * you have a good argument for pick 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back