List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The pure arrogance on the bloke (mean this in a positive note) just calmly and casually slotting it through the big stick. No carrying on or breaking out in a smile, just get the job done because he knows himself what an absolute freak he is.

I'd sign him up straight away if it was up to me. But thats just me personally.
The blokes played 2 games in 4 years at AFL level let’s not get to carried away by a party trick, he had elite talent but from all accounts he’s months not weeks away from playing if nothing goes wrong, the club signed another GC cast off to a 3 year contract when he couldn’t and still can’t get on the field , hopefully that same dumb mistake isn’t repeated.

The blokes played 2 games in 4 years at AFL level let’s not get to carried away by a party trick, he had elite talent but from all accounts he’s months not weeks away from playing if nothing goes wrong, the club signed another GC cast off to a 3 year contract when he couldn’t and still can’t get on the field , hopefully that same dumb mistake isn’t repeated.
Oh shut up we get it.

It's mid January, we are 6 weeks off round 1 still and any talk of bennell was always looking towards mid season onwards.

If you don't think he will make it, that's fine we've read your posts. But don't need constant commentating of your thoughts- especially in January when 1) we are all footy deprived and half feel positive about 2020 and 2) bennell is in no way, shape or form our hopes of making finals this year. It's one spot on the list that could be going to the junior Wagner brother or another Michael Evans at worst.

Will not play a game until mid year at best, if he is signed early March you would think management are happy enough. $80K for this year and $4K for each game played would be his deal. Worth the effort trying to get him on the paddock.

Will not play a game until mid year at best, if he is signed early March you would think management are happy enough. $80K for this year and $4K for each game played would be his deal. Worth the effort trying to get him on the paddock.
No issues with seeing how this pans out, wasn’t a fan when it was first mentioned but he appears to have put his dickhead ways behind him which along with the clubs recent history of signing blokes who can’t get on the field to long term contract was my issue.

I’ll be more than happy to join in the Harley Bennell circle jerk if he’s winning the MFC games in September

Oh shut up we get it.

It's mid January, we are 6 weeks off round 1 still and any talk of bennell was always looking towards mid season onwards.

If you don't think he will make it, that's fine we've read your posts. But don't need constant commentating of your thoughts- especially in January when 1) we are all footy deprived and half feel positive about 2020 and 2) bennell is in no way, shape or form our hopes of making finals this year. It's one spot on the list that could be going to the junior Wagner brother or another Michael Evans at worst.
Calm down princess it’s an open forum your going to get people commenting on hear you disagree with, it’s sort of the point you dip s**t, as for constant commenting I think I’ve posted about Bennell twice since he’s been at the club but why even bother if he is no hope of helping the club make finals as you say.

Calm down princess it’s an open forum your going to get people commenting on hear you disagree with, it’s sort of the point you dip s**t, as for constant commenting I think I’ve posted about Bennell twice since he’s been at the club but why even bother if he is no hope of helping the club make finals as you say.
"Says calm down"
"Calls me a dip s**t"

Hilarity ensues.

Well 120k is about all hes worth with the amount of footy hes played in 4 years. we could just pick up a player for 50k in the mid season draft. He'll obviously get a bigger contract next year if he can make it through the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opting for the absolute minimum pay probably gives him a chance of a 2 year deal if the club is happy with his body. I know it’s probably a 10% chance he makes it but it’d be a great story if he did.
Yeah it's a smart move for him, getting paid minimum chips makes it more likely for the club to keep him around another year if he makes solid progress without any major setbacks, even if he doesn't get much game time.

Opting for the absolute minimum pay probably gives him a chance of a 2 year deal if the club is happy with his body. I know it’s probably a 10% chance he makes it but it’d be a great story if he did.
less money than a donkey like Wagner.

Absolutely worth the risk imo

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

less money than a donkey like Wagner.

Absolutely worth the risk imo

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

This isn’t aimed at you because I know you’ve backed the potential recruitment of him but I’ve never seen it as a risk. We will be taking him as a supplemental player, if we weren’t looking at Bennell it’d likely be a much younger player who is more likely to stay injury free but have 1/10 the ability. I’m always a big advocate of picking up guys like Bennell with later picks, the chance they have an impact is about the same as your solid citizen types.

Yeah it's a smart move for him, getting paid minimum chips makes it more likely for the club to keep him around another year if he makes solid progress without any major setbacks, even if he doesn't get much game time.
He's obviously "bought in". Jeez I haven't heard that term since 2017. But how much he's spent around the club, making mates with other players and the like.

Money is irrelevant, if he's getting 80k, 120k, 200k who honestly cares if he is playing. If he gets 5-8 games in this year towards seasons end, even with Casey, then he still has at worst 3-4 years after that (injury permitting).

I know id take 3-4 years of him vs rookie listing anyone not called Sydney stack.

He's obviously "bought in". Jeez I haven't heard that term since 2017. But how much he's spent around the club, making mates with other players and the like.

Money is irrelevant, if he's getting 80k, 120k, 200k who honestly cares if he is playing. If he gets 5-8 games in this year towards seasons end, even with Casey, then he still has at worst 3-4 years after that (injury permitting).

I know id take 3-4 years of him vs rookie listing anyone not called Sydney stack.
Wasnt Sydney Stack taken the same way? * me woulda been good to take a 'chance' the year before and picking him up.

I was Kosovo a podcast the other day. Apparently Michael Walters said Liam Henry who Freo just recruited is the most skilful player he has seen since Bennell.

The guy will be huge if he gets in the park and stays fit.

My take on the Bennell situation is we would let him train with us without signing him- for good cause, the fear of the ridiculously injury prone legs.

If he trains with us, gets himself into immaculate shape and looks more than ready for round one then yes, it should be 100% on.

From what I understand he has been doing light duties and the calf has pinged during that. There are a few people on here saying he might be ready by mid season.

We did awesome things in 2018, we failed miserably in 2019. A big part of having a competitive list is having as many capable options as possible being ready every round of the year. This list is already very injury prone.

We clearly need all hands on deck next season. What is wrong with letting Harley figure out whether his body can handle a full season at state level? I know it’s not likely we could draft him if that eventuates but in all honesty, what is the likelihood of that actually eventuating? Attachment.png

My take on the Bennell situation is we would let him train with us without signing him- for good cause, the fear of the ridiculously injury prone legs.

If he trains with us, gets himself into immaculate shape and looks more than ready for round one then yes, it should be 100% on.

From what I understand he has been doing light duties and the calf has pinged during that. There are a few people on here saying he might be ready by mid season.

We did awesome things in 2018, we failed miserably in 2019. A big part of having a competitive list is having as many capable options as possible being ready every round of the year. This list is already very injury prone.

We clearly need all hands on deck next season. What is wrong with letting Harley figure out whether his body can handle a full season at state level? I know it’s not likely we could draft him if that eventuates but in all honesty, what is the likelihood of that actually eventuating?View attachment 814241
I think the catch is about what that looks like for MFC in 2021 beyond.

As others have said I’m ok with it where it stands. If guy #44 on your list is you trying to get Harley fit on minimum coin it’s not bad at all. There are plenty of cloggers who don’t ever play a game on AFL lists,he ain’t that.

I reckon Ben Brown needs to be our main recruitment target this year.

With Zurhaar & Larkey coming through, he may not get as much $ at North as he could elsewhere.

I don't think he is a Free Agent, so we would need to trade away somebody good - Brayshaw could be a candidate?

This page is a nice bump ;) Topkent TheBoss

Now let's hope he isn't a disaster

This page is a nice bump ;) Topkent TheBoss

Now let's hope he isn't a disaster
I'd value Angus Brayshaw higher than pick 33, but others would disagree ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back