CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
Keep an eye out for Cody Hirst. 180cm outside runner with speed and x factor. Averaging 24 disposals for Eastern Rangers playing as an outside player on a wing.

"Returning to the Ranges as a 19-year-old has been hugely beneficial for the ex-Lilydale junior, who supports the Demons and lists Nathan Jones as his favourite player."

A shame 2 of the other clubs that are interested in him will pick ahead of us.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seems like the top two picks this year are inside midfielders. Hopefully there's a couple of gun runners in the next batch that the bottom two will be forced to ignore.

Noah Anderson can play outside - but he’ll be gone before our pick.

Otherwise there are a lot of inside mids in the top order at this point unfortunately.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
We should be tanking for mid-season rookie draft picks. Or was that the plan all along?

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
We should be tanking for mid-season rookie draft picks. Or was that the plan all along?
Quite possible that at this point we should tank for any old reason at all. I can go about with head held high - of course we didn’t lose, we tanked!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Considering some of the players we drafted I think we are worse at tanking than winning
We certainly managed more wins in the year we were tanking then we did under Mark Neeld - which was when we were apparently aiming to be the hardest team to beat.

Could be an idea for Goody - try threatening the team at gunpoint not to win any games.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Keep an eye out for Cody Hirst. 180cm outside runner with speed and x factor. Averaging 24 disposals for Eastern Rangers playing as an outside player on a wing.

Demons supporter :p

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
The exact player we desperately need. Throw the kitchen sink at him. Offer them our first round pick and any player besides Gawn, Oliver Harmes and Hore. No idea what it would take to get him, but he's exactly what we need..
We can't trade this years first, and it'll take 2 first's to get him

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bugger. So I guess we have zero chance to trade for any gun unless we are very creative. What about free agents? Any decent wingman or small forwards we can target?
Creative?

Freo and WC still have their first round picks. WC also have an extra early second round pick.

If only we could offer a player that had a brother at either club... someone who doesn’t value his spot in the team and only runs one way but polled highly in the Brownlow last year, so still has currency.

If only we could replace that player with a talented, hard running midfielder who gives his all every match and hits up targets in the forward line at will.

If only...

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
The exact player we desperately need. Throw the kitchen sink at him. Offer them our first round pick and any player besides Gawn, Oliver Harmes and Hore. No idea what it would take to get him, but he's exactly what we need..
Hore... Lol. I love his work too but that's random.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Bugger. So I guess we have zero chance to trade for any gun unless we are very creative. What about free agents? Any decent wingman or small forwards we can target?
Yeah, pretty much no chance. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't even think we're allowed to trade next years, given the rule is using 2x first rounders in a 4 year period, and our last were Oliver and Weid in 2015, so even with using this years, we're still outside of that, which would mean we wouldn't be able to move next years.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, pretty much no chance. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't even think we're allowed to trade next years, given the rule is using 2x first rounders in a 4 year period, and our last were Oliver and Weid in 2015, so even with using this years, we're still outside of that, which would mean we wouldn't be able to move next years.
Besides when the AFL can tick off being able to still trade your first. We brought in Lever whos still young and doesnt leave us with a hole in an age bracket. We arent a team full of 30+ year olds. So dont see how if we went to AFL asking if we could trade our first for someone like Whitfield howd theyd say no it puts our list in the s**t in a couple years. Well from what i read before AFL can allow you to trade still or did they change that part and unlike any other rule in the AFL it isnt flexible

Back