List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are looking for someone to help our ball movement Tomlinson can play a role as the link man on the wing. He can play Hogans role up the ground

FA as well
Yes. Saints are into him hard though. And i think the tough question is which GWS player is gettable, and which one do we want to go 'all in' on? Kelly or Coniglio would be the toughest to land as they are the big fish. Whitfield maybe slightly below that and then Tomlinson. Not suggesting any will leave, and it's hard to see anymore than 1, maybe 2 leaving. We can't throw a net out wide and hope to catch one. We have to pick our target and go all in. So who would it be? My guess is Coniglio.

If we are looking for someone to help our ball movement Tomlinson can play a role as the link man on the wing. He can play Hogans role up the ground

FA as well
Our coaching staff would only make him bulk up all pre season so he could be another inside mid

Yes. Saints are into him hard though. And i think the tough question is which GWS player is gettable, and which one do we want to go 'all in' on? Kelly or Coniglio would be the toughest to land as they are the big fish. Whitfield maybe slightly below that and then Tomlinson. Not suggesting any will leave, and it's hard to see anymore than 1, maybe 2 leaving. We can't throw a net out wide and hope to catch one. We have to pick our target and go all in. So who would it be? My guess is Coniglio.

Pretty sure unless things improve we ain't getting Kelly or Coniglio. I wouldn't wanna move to us in this state.

Pretty sure unless things improve we ain't getting Kelly or Coniglio. I wouldn't wanna move to us in this state.
Meh, players today it comes down to $$ and length of contract. As we've seen this year teams can turn it around quickly or sides on the brink of success can have a stutter before lifting again. It's how well we sell it and how much we're prepared to offer. I'm not saying we're guaranteed to land one of these guys, but surely we have to target one and make a play for them.

Whos this Sam Lowson fella? Cant read the article but headline reckons small forward from Coburg Blues and Roos desperate to get him in mid season draft. Now i dont know how he plays but a small forward and we arent mentioned in headline seeing as we have pick 1 right now and have no small forwards.. hows it work? Can teams trade up in mid season draft by trading picks in normal draft?

Whos this Sam Lowson fella? Cant read the article but headline reckons small forward from Coburg Blues and Roos desperate to get him in mid season draft. Now i dont know how he plays but a small forward and we arent mentioned in headline seeing as we have pick 1 right now and have no small forwards.. hows it work? Can teams trade up in mid season draft by trading picks in normal draft?

Didn't we use our available list spot on Lockhart?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get us some kids in the midseason draft. Nothing we pick up will help us significantly for finals this year, so no harm in getting an 18yo who nominated last year. Find us another Harmes.

Langdon has no trouble finding the pill, but from what I've seen his kicking does let him down. Still a pretty good player but I don't think he'd be worth the price to bring over.

Newnes is worth a look.
I've always liked Newnes. He's got that mix of speed and endurance but he's also a good kick. Very durable player having played 22 games in his last five seasons. I'd be interested in recruiting him but I reckon he will stay a Saint for a long time. I believe he becomes eligible as a restricted free agent at the end of this season but I think he will sign another contract at the Saints before the season ends.

If we pick a player mid-season, are they on the main list or are they a rookie?

Also what is the minimum contract term, can we delist them at year end or are we stuck with them for longer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back