List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
I picked us for 7-8 and got rubbished from my demons supporter mates. Turns out even I was optimistic. Morons were talking us up for the flag.

Wishful thinking runs strong for all of us, or the club would have folded long ago.
Optimists, shrouded in pessimism, perhaps.?

Or could it be, our Over-abundance of optimism, trips us up, expecting too much from the kids, and putting them in too early, on many occaisions.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wishful thinking runs strong for all of us, or the club would have folded long ago.
Optimists, shrouded in pessimism, perhaps.?

Or could it be, our Over-abundance of optimism, trips us up, expecting too much from the kids, and putting them in too early, on many occaisions.
We are a few list and positional changes away from being top 8 again. Starts with getting Brad Hill.

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
We are a few list and positional changes away from being top 8 again. Starts with getting Brad Hill.
I think we're top 8 now list wise, just. But that can change at any tick of the clockworks. TMc could have done an ACL, or Lever could. What If Salem did.?
We are lacking another gun B22 player, and we're lacking in better quality depth than we carry right now. And I'd like to see more talent in our U-21Yrs brigade, skill wise. That is the future to further our dreams, after Jones, Lewis, Hibbo, Jetta, Gawn, TMC, etc.
Its time Now to be recruiting the replacements for them, to be ready when our senior players are finishing.

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah it was a very fair call. Mate I had at least 3 blokes think that we were going to win the flag. Ludicrous thinking. Ludicrous.
Never seen a more overrated midfield than ours last year. It wasn't even a top 4 midfield in the league, our back 6 wasn't top 8 and our forward 6 wasn't top 4. Our midfield has gotten worse, our defence has been injured and our forward line has gotten worse

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never seen a more overrated midfield than ours last year. It wasn't even a top 4 midfield in the league, our back 6 wasn't top 8 and our forward 6 wasn't top 4. Our midfield has gotten worse, our defence has been injured and our forward line has gotten worse
The midfield is the huge issue. We have a plethora of one type of player and we are combining that with below par skills. Brayshaw and Oliver have regressed, with Viney phasing in and out too much. Harmes has been great, but really only one shining light.

A major reason our forwards are struggling is delivery, but they are down on pressure and as we know, missing goals that should be goals. No surprise with TMac improving we are improving, but he has been pretty poor this year.

The whole thing stinks. The lack of effort is what really annoys me at times, and the unforgivable skill errors you just shake your head at. You can’t defend a bad kick, dropped mark or a fumble. After this year I hope we go into the trade period with the notion that most are up for grabs bar a few. The only positive is our draft pick position gives us bargaining power, and there’s a 3 time premiership player potentially coming back to Victoria who is only 25.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wasnt our midfield rated by champion data the worst last year in the pre season? Pretty sure it was or near on it. Then all of a sudden it was rated the best this year

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Every team could easily miss finals.
Then who would play finals?
EB03233F-C62E-4130-97AF-0453AD6339E2.gif

I am enjoying my fire, my book, and no children this afternoon. The Melbourne board seems rather pleasant today. I do miss schmuttt though.
That's bc Topkent and I have started seeing a divorce counselor. It's doing wonders for our board dynamic

Back