List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw a real divorce counsellor once and all it did was make me realise I shouldn’t have been married and it was going to cost a lot.
I honestly feel like I've won the lottery as a young person who knows they never want to get married or have kids.

The midfield is the huge issue. We have a plethora of one type of player and we are combining that with below par skills. Brayshaw and Oliver have regressed, with Viney phasing in and out
I don't think of it as 'Issue' so much, demondavey.
But I do think our Issue was, that we peaked too early in our rebuild, last year. The rebuild isn't complete, and imo this is why we are
so one dimensional.

I look at it like: we are putting down the platform to add the next layers to. The Platform being the club rebuild on 'contested-beast', solid hardened players.
The next layer IMO, is speed and skill.

It would be no good recruiting soft skillful players at the start, If we want to change this Clubs, and teams culture, in a lasting way. Start soft end up soft.
Start off hard, the way you intend to be known for. And then add those skilled players, who some might tend to be a bit jittery inside.
And teach them to overcome that bruise-less existence,. prior to them getting any senior games.

Teach them to play the Demon's Way, first and foremost. before they become senior regulars.

Last edited:

Haha I was like that once. Now I have two and they’re the best.

But if it’s not for you, hats off mate. Got to be happy!
Oh I don't doubt that there are plenty of happy people out there with families but I know I was on the path to being 40+ and knee deep into marriage and having three kids before realising it wouldn't work for me personally, so glad I've had the eye opening as to all of the personal problematic factors which make it an impossibility early.

Oh I don't doubt that there are plenty of happy people out there with families but I know I was on the path to being 40+ and knee deep into marriage and having three kids before realising it wouldn't work for me personally, so glad I've had the eye opening as to all of the personal problematic factors which make it an impossibility early.
Mate, more time to attend the footy and watch Melbourne break hearts. At least it makes for an excuse to drink to ease the pain!

I don't think of it as 'Issue' so much, demondavey.
But I do think our Issue was, that we peaked too early in our rebuild, last year. The rebuild isn't complete, and imo this is why we are
so one dimensional.

I look at it like: we are putting down the platform to add the next layers to. The Platform being the club rebuild on 'contested-beast', solid hardened players.
The next layer IMO, is speed and skill.

It would be no good recruiting soft skillful players at the start, If we want to change this Clubs, and teams culture, in a lasting way. Start soft end up soft.
Start off hard, the way you intend to be known for. And then add those skilled players, who some might tend to be a bit jittery inside.
And teach them to overcome that bruise-less existence,. prior to them getting any senior games.

Teach them to play the Demon's Way, first and foremost. before they become senior regulars.
Well we were supposed to address those areas in the off season last year, I mean for the majority of last year we got wins with a heavily geared contested midfield, so what’s changed? Sides worked us out? Yes. Lack of innovation in game plan? Yes. Lack of appropriate ball use? Yes.

I expected us to not exceed expectations this year, but bottom 4 is reprehensible. That’s just major major issue after issue.

Unfortunately the demon way mate is to ‘expect to go well but fall into a heap’. Rinse and repeat each decade.

Well we were supposed to address those areas in the off season last year, I mean for the majority of last year we got wins with a heavily geared contested midfield, so what’s changed? Sides worked us out? Yes. Lack of innovation in game plan? Yes. Lack of appropriate ball use? Yes.

I expected us to not exceed expectations this year, but bottom 4 is reprehensible. That’s just major major issue after issue.

Unfortunately the demon way mate is to ‘expect to go well but fall into a heap’. Rinse and repeat each decade.
We won't be able to fix a Layer per season.
Our rebuild was going so well we arrived early. Prelim was way ahead of normal type schedule. And really tough to back that up, withourt the next layer, Re speed skill.

Last draft we recruited some who will grow into replacements, the first draftee being a running mid with a bit of tow off the mark. Sparrow.
Hore, Neitschke Jordon, etc.
The year before that was it, we picked up Baker, Fritta.

So IMO, we only recently started to look for speed and run. To add onto what we've built so far.

We should think of ourselves as being lucky that we are being rebuilt this way. Rather than in a fast-tracked, and cheap method.

'Our Way', will stand the tests of time. And hopefully, we will maintain our 'Demons Way' of Playing.

I am not sure what the average would be. That seems high though if the average is just under?
Average listed player wage last year was $362k up 10k from year before the ones who actually played was $390k. So if it increased by the same again $400k is what the average player who gets a game would be on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we are in the ear of all the richmond smalls surely we can get 1 of those pretty cheap to just put pressure on with Lockhart or the like

I reckon Frosty is worth more than that to us
Yeah cant replace what he is doing and will only get better with Lever and LordNev in the team. He is a serious weapon with confidence. He allows us to still play all 3 of Lever May and himself no matter the size of the opposition which helps set up a game plan and s**t like that without needing to chop and change

I honestly feel like I've won the lottery as a young person who knows they never want to get married or have kids.
Your strategy has merit.

I’m not a young person any more. I didn’t trouble to get married (it was discussed once or twice, but didn’t seem to add enough to be worth the time and money) and didn’t have kids.

Worked out okay for me.

Your strategy has merit.

I’m not a young person any more. I didn’t trouble to get married (it was discussed once or twice, but didn’t seem to add enough to be worth the time and money) and didn’t have kids.

Worked out okay for me.
If I grow up to be like you I’ll be very pleased!

Congratulations on your decision to be a voluntary eunuch

If getting the snip wasn't so difficult I'd have no problems doing it now
Reminds me of when I lived in America.

There was this billboard on a highway we always used with an ad saying “vasectomy reversal - money back guarantee”

Always struck me as odd product placement. A Burger King ad makes sense in that context. People driving past think yeah I could go a Burger. But people driving past, are they really going to see the billboard and suddenly think “whoa, I might want to have kids after all?”

Last edited:
Has Frosty signed up yet? if he wanted to go what do ya reckon we'd get for him? Hope he has or does sign up love me some Frost ball and should be in his prime over the next few years

We'd be mad to give up Frost after putting all this work on to him and he's finally coming good. He's also gold to have in the side as a spectator - some of the s**t he does is amazing and some is hilarious.

I saw a real divorce counsellor once and all it did was make me realise I shouldn’t have been married and it was going to cost a lot.

At least you saw one who knew what they were doing.

If getting the snip wasn't so difficult I'd have no problems doing it now

If you've got a door, you've got a gym, and if you've got a kitchen knife...

Reminds me of when I lived in America.

There was this billboard on a highway we always used with an add saying “vasectomy reversal - money back guarantee”

Always struck me as odd product placement. A Burger King ad makes sense in that context. People driving past think yeah I could go a Burger. But people driving past, are they really going to see the billboard and suddenly think “whoa, I might want to have kids after all?”

The ‘money back guarantee’ would be a concern too.

Are you saying there’s a possibility you might stuff it up?

The ‘money back guarantee’ would be a concern too.

Are you saying there’s a possibility you might stuff it up?
Yes it seemed not quite right on a number of levels. I think that’s why it stayed with me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back