List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the back 6 are the only campaigners who can kick it in our team. Pig, May, Jetta, Salem all good kicks take out Frost then our back 6 is ok we need more mids who run both ways that can actually look for a target then hit it instead of dumb football of just bombing it forward
Hibberds not that good a kick, just runs then bombs it to no one a lot of the time. Frost similar but getting better at hitting short kicks. Salem is good but loves a chip kick too much. same with Jetta. May is a good kick but is more of a stopper than a playmaker. Levers an ok kick but probably lacks penetration as well. Jones just bombs it away when jogging off the half back flank as well. plus with Hibberd, Jetta and Jones getting older, and Frost maybe leaving, there's definitely room for a bloke with a bit of pace who can hit 50m kicks back there imo.

Hibberds not that good a kick, just runs then bombs it to no one a lot of the time. Frost similar but getting better at hitting short kicks. Salem is good but loves a chip kick too much. same with Jetta. May is a good kick but is more of a stopper than a playmaker. Levers an ok kick but probably lacks penetration as well. Jones just bombs it away when jogging off the half back flank as well. plus with Hibberd, Jetta and Jones getting older, and Frost maybe leaving, there's definitely room for a bloke with a bit of pace who can hit 50m kicks back there imo.
How many blokes in the AFL can run fast and kick it well and play in the backline?

Bullshite matey

Where is this Ben King stuff coming from? We just don’t need Ben King.

Just an idea to get another KPF by swapping pick 3 for Ben King, given the dysfunction of the forward line all year.

Why are you just assuming pick 3 starts in our 22?

Have you noticed ANB fumble a footy? Or JKH spend 2 hours being irrelevant? Or see Josh Wagner do a couple of good things per game? Or notice our small forwards not kick any goals? Pick 3 is instantly best 22, or they're not worthy of selection.

Geelong only have Touhy
Richmond only have Short
WC have Jetta
Brisbane don't have quick HBFs
Pies don't have anyone

Essendon have 2 but the rest of their team sucks

Sidebottom & Houli seem like good kicks to me. Although i put them in the 'fast enough to allow them the seperation to get a reasonable/satisfactory kick away category.

If we go by the Richmond model anyway, the half back/half forward positions really need to be filled with players that have the tank to get up and back repeatedly for a fwd press and turnover defense or offense. Skillfulness with ball in hand under fatigue a rare and valuable commodity. Goal sense a secondary concern to the detriment of watchability

How many blokes in the AFL can run fast and kick it well and play in the backline?

This. As I mentioned the other day. There is no such thing as elite speed and elite foot skills. Last I can think of (probably bias) is Flash.

Edit: actually Jetta probably fits this (just).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong only have Touhy
Richmond only have Short
WC have Jetta
Brisbane don't have quick HBFs
Pies don't have anyone

Essendon have 2 but the rest of their team sucks
I feel you are focusing on the pace part of my post too much, which is probably my fault by saying 'room for a bloke with a bit of pace who can hit 50m kicks' in my follow up post to blitznu. but go back to my original post I said I would like elite kick (Young) or some line breaking pace(Ash) off the half back flank. I didn't necessarily mean they must have both. but it would be nice.

Just an idea to get another KPF by swapping pick 3 for Ben King, given the dysfunction of the forward line all year.

Have you noticed ANB fumble a footy? Or JKH spend 2 hours being irrelevant? Or see Josh Wagner do a couple of good things per game? Or notice our small forwards not kick any goals? Pick 3 is instantly best 22, or they're not worthy of selection.
With the standard of skill disposal these days amongst draftees id not be 100% confident he would be instantly best 22. We need to trade in for a flag, so I’d rather trade it (if a good deal is available) and pick a really good established player.

Imo pick 3 could play in the ruck, very diverse skill set from what I’m hearing. It’s why Gawn hasn’t been made captain

Would be putting him at FF or CHF. Need some young blood there, Weideman's best days are behind him.

Was going to say OMac but he's a forward. Therefore the only answer to your question is Wagners.

Ok now do the midfield. You tell me how many mids are up to your standard of kicking

Ok now do the midfield. You tell me how many mids are up to your standard of kicking
i'm not even gonna touch that one lol, there's not much there to get positive about.
look I do agree with you that the defence is where our better kicks are, and should be, but it doesn't mean we cant improve it though. especially when I see the drop off in players like Pig, Jetta and Jones this year as they get closer to the end.
Salem is also coming under increased attention from coaches as our main distributor off half back. shutting him down goes a long way to stopping us moving the ball cleanly out of there.
all this leaves me a little worried about our depth back there. i dont want us to have to rely on JWagner sorts again next year.

Ben King is exactly what we need 202 cm key forward who can pinch hit in the ruck, would walk into our team, can’t see anyway he gets to Melbourne though

Straight swap for Preuss.

Not to get too excited about U18 highlights but one of the first things I saw on my feed this morning was this highlight of Brodie Kemp kicking the winning goal in a national champs game and the only reason he gets on the end of it is because of a gut-busting run from Lachie Ash, which is pretty ******* exciting to watch on the tape. It's the exact kind of thing we need. Splits three SA markers on pace alone.

Last edited:
Reckon the back 6 are the only campaigners who can kick it in our team. Pig, May, Jetta, Salem all good kicks take out Frost then our back 6 is ok we need more mids who run both ways that can actually look for a target then hit it instead of dumb football of just bombing it forward
Hibberd is not a good kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back