List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, he was good, but nothing brilliant. The Brownlow result was an absolute shock and while he certainly racked up some numbers in the second half of the year, he was hardly challenging the likes of Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, etc in winning games off his own boot. There was a game he knocked up 37 touches and 3 goals, but then he gets 3 Brownlow votes for a 26 possy, 1 goal game. Must have been slim pickings that week.

I'd reckon if you dug up our post-game votes, you wouldn't find people here rushing out to give him 10 points a week for his efforts last year.
Wasnt challenging Fyfe and the like. Hes more challenging the Priddis' curly hair, Cooneys red hair, Woewodins blonde tips. An award we carry on about voted by guys and gal who we constantly say have no ******* idea... Yeah i dont recall people going on about how good he was

I was never claiming that Brayshaw is one of the top 5 mids in the comp, I was just saying he had a bloody good year, especially considering he started the year in the VFL. He's one of our only mids that is decent overhead, can kick goals and his clearances and connection with Gawn last year was A-grade. Finds the ball at will when hes on and can really stick a tackle, which is especially impressive given where he came from concussion wise.

I still get filthy at him when he bombs it in and he had a horrible year, but I just feel like hes unfairly maligned around here #standbygus

I was never claiming that Brayshaw is one of the top 5 mids in the comp, I was just saying he had a bloody good year, especially considering he started the year in the VFL. He's one of our only mids that is decent overhead, can kick goals and his clearances and connection with Gawn last year was A-grade. Finds the ball at will when hes on and can really stick a tackle, which is especially impressive given where he came from concussion wise.

I still get filthy at him when he bombs it in and he had a horrible year, but I just feel like hes unfairly maligned around here #standbygus

Thinking on it, I reckon Brayshaw would have been around the mark as 5th or 6th or so in best performed players last season. Oliver, TMac, Gawn and Harmes definitely better than him (IMO). Hogan around the same mark? OMac obviously streets ahead of both. Jetta would be up there as well but suffers from a defender's lack of recognition, so Brayshaw would be floating around 5th to 7th for me. Like I said, good but not brilliant.

back on the trade topic: let's trade Brayshaw to WCE for Masten for some outside speed and class
I couldnt believe he and 1 other are the only players in the last 20 years to have 20 touches in a 1/4.

I don't know how this turned into a s**t fest... Brayshaw did play awesome the 2nd half of the season last year .. it's the only dozen AFL games he's ever been an above average player in his career. The club had him 6th in the best and fairest his 3rd in the Brownlow could legit be the biggest outlier in history

Maybe I read Devastating Boris wrong but you seemed to be putting him in the Cotchin and Martin bracket of we need 800k aside for him which would be laughable. Nathan Jones finished above him in the BNF last year and people wanted him to retire then

I don't think it's any coincidence that our glory run in late 2018 coincided with Vanders playing some of the best footy of his career. The guy is a real barometer for us, so much so that I think we should have a look at getting a Vandenberg lite from one of the state leagues. Bare minimum skill but built like a marine and takes out enemies like Liam Neeson in Taken. Always injured always has been always will be, so a replacement is crucial. There's gotta be other guys out there who play like him.
He also missed all of 2017 which was our best season of footy. What that year might have been without all the injuries...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have some mail coming in on Frosty, but just waiting on confirmation. It’s more a clarification on the sitcho. I’ll post it in a couple of hours

Please do so in ambiguous riddle format.

Where does Will Minson fit into all of this?

Gold Coast are going to have the first two picks, so I'd suggest we're long odds to pick him up with only pick #3 to dance with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back