List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I want some more crazy trades

Like we trade Viney for Wines, 2 inside mid captains of their clubs but both supporter bases kind of sick of them for various reasons. Could be a bit of fun, thoughts?
We should be so lucky

Goddamn JM is a milquetoast trade manager. He should be up everybody's busiizitch. But instead he is like a white-boy manlet who got stiffed and is cryin at his mom's basement<end weird US-based rant>

Seriously though Josh get the lead out. We have two-three glaring deficiencies. Get in amongst it son.

Sorry I went of the reservations there a bit

Goddamn JM is a milquetoast trade manager. He should be up everybody's busiizitch. But instead he is like a white-boy manlet who got stiffed and is cryin at his mom's basement<end weird US-based rant>

Seriously though Josh get the lead out. We have two-three glaring deficiencies. Get in amongst it son.

I'm just hoping he's the suave guy at the bar who quietly buys the hottie a drink and takes her home whilst the alphas (Freo, Essendon etc) are too busy having pushup contests and measuring their own d&*ks on the dancefloor to notice.
But I get the impression he's more the guy who goes to the bar and says "I'm going to have two drinks then be home by 10pm" and sticks to this always.

I have no idea what any of that means, but if you're expecting anything more than cashing in on pick 3, you're going to be disappointed.

Mahoney can hardly be accused of sitting idle either, he's traded out our only wantaway player, while bringing in our two targets, and leaving plenty of time to get involved with anything else that's going on if possible, which at the moment, from an official point of view, is nothing.

Like we trade Viney for Wines, 2 inside mid captains of their clubs but both supporter bases kind of sick of them for various reasons. Could be a bit of fun, thoughts?
Melbourne supporters should be banned from talking about O.Wines

Pretty sure the appeal was them being mates would have them reunited

After the previous years of everyone sooking about us being easybeats at the trade table I’m loving this hard-nosed crap.

Sit on your hands Josh and get multiple picks when someone goes silly on draft night.

Apparently lordo said the current offer for daniher is 5 and 25 which isn't good enough. Then when the papley pick 9 comes into play. Essendon still isn't satisfied. This is according to Matthew Lloyd of course. If true did they forget the part that daniher has barely played in 2 years and he's ooc next year.

Interesting 48hr coming up for the Saints. Its one thing to get all these players to nominate you but its another to get the deals done, whilst I applaud them for being ballsy and splitting 6 with GWS they'll look stupid if they don't get Hill this year after offering him far more than any other club. We've all been shitty with MFC for looking like easybeats at times but I can't remember a time under Mahoney where a player wanted in or out and we didn't facilitate a move.

Apparently lordo said the current offer for daniher is 5 and 25 which isn't good enough. Then when the papley pick 9 comes into play. Essendon still isn't satisfied. This is according to Matthew Lloyd of course. If true did they forget the part that daniher has barely played in 2 years and he's ooc next year.
This is classic Essendon. 5 and 25 is about Hogan equivalent, which I think is more than fair. Then you take into account he's barely played in two years and the deal looks even better. And then you think he leaves for free next year and they'll get a compo pick in the teens only. Sydney should just say take it or leave it; we'll get him for free next year. Who's to say he'll even play next year?! He might be completely cooked. All the more reason for Sydney to wait a year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the previous years of everyone sooking about us being easybeats at the trade table I’m loving this hard-nosed crap.

Sit on your hands Josh and get multiple picks when someone goes silly on draft night.

What's "hard-nosed" about the work thus far? We've signed an unrestricted free agent, picked up a wantaway winger that fills a need and should turn out to be a tidy bit of business, and fobbed off a guy we could have kept if we'd sorted out his contract situation a little earlier. Langdon deal looks like a tick in our favour, but losing Frost for a meh deal after the work we've put into getting him to this level balances that out.

Interesting 48hr coming up for the Saints. Its one thing to get all these players to nominate you but its another to get the deals done, whilst I applaud them for being ballsy and splitting 6 with GWS they'll look stupid if they don't get Hill this year after offering him far more than any other club. We've all been shitty with MFC for looking like easybeats at times but I can't remember a time under Mahoney where a player wanted in or out and we didn't facilitate a move.
Apparently Hill's manager has said that the deal will be done in the morning, which should give them the time to get the rest of the deals done, but it depends on what they've given up for Hill as to how easily they can get it all done.

Apparently Hill's manager has said that the deal will be done in the morning, which should give them the time to get the rest of the deals done, but it depends on what they've given up for Hill as to how easily they can get it all done.

Just saw that, good news for them. I don't mind the Saints but its legitimately a good test to see if they can get all these players in.

I have no idea what any of that means, but if you're expecting anything more than cashing in on pick 3, you're going to be disappointed.

Mahoney can hardly be accused of sitting idle either, he's traded out our only wantaway player, while bringing in our two targets, and leaving plenty of time to get involved with anything else that's going on if possible, which at the moment, from an official point of view, is nothing.
This.

The stick the bloke gets on here from some nuffies is a laugh

What's "hard-nosed" about the work thus far? We've signed an unrestricted free agent, picked up a wantaway winger that fills a need and should turn out to be a tidy bit of business, and fobbed off a guy we could have kept if we'd sorted out his contract situation a little earlier. Langdon deal looks like a tick in our favour, but losing Frost for a meh deal after the work we've put into getting him to this level balances that out.
STFU. We traded in Tomlinson for inscrutable reasons, and got Langdon for more readily scrutable reasons. But by golly we did both in a hard-nosed manner. MFC noses are super hard.

STFU. We traded in Tomlinson for inscrutable reasons, and got Langdon for more readily scrutable reasons. But by golly we did both in a hard-nosed manner. MFC noses are super hard.

You speedily drummed that post out in such a hard-nosed Josh Mahoney fashion you forgot to talk about how hard-nosed the Frost deal was and the mean stance we took in ejecting him from the club.

You speedily drummed that post out in such a hard-nosed Josh Mahoney fashion you forgot to talk about how hard-nosed the Frost deal was and the mean stance we took in ejecting him from the club.
I hadn’t forgotten Frost. It was just difficult to put into words that level of hard nosed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back