List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Giants have to match a bid for pick 3 on Green they leave the draft with
Green, picks 59 and 60, and all of their 2020 picks in place.

If they trade up for 3 they get a top 3 pick, Green and also a deficit probably equivalent to 80% of pick 4 next year minus whatever they have left in 2019 after they do the deal. It’s tricky to say what exactly they think would be worth their while. Don’t know what we’d be asking for because they’d be wanting to keep some picks to pay off the deficit they’ll have from matching the Green bid at 4. Would have to be either a player worth 3 or 6 and a player because there’s no way we’re getting their 2020 first.

If the Giants have to match a bid for pick 3 on Green they leave the draft with
Green, picks 59 and 60, and all of their 2020 picks in place.

If they trade up for 3 they get a top 3 pick, Green and also a deficit probably equivalent to 80% of pick 4 next year minus whatever they have left in 2019 after they do the deal. It’s tricky to say what exactly they think would be worth their while. Don’t know what we’d be asking for because they’d be wanting to keep some picks to pay off the deficit they’ll have from matching the Green bid at 4. Would have to be either a player worth 3 or 6 and a player because there’s no way we’re getting their 2020 first.
I think we’d be asking for 6 and 2020 first rounder plus a player. We’d have to throw a pick back in. But hopefully JM plays hardball as we’d be pretty happy to take 3 to the draft.

I get we want a small forward and think Butler represents decent value, however there's something very melbourne/crook about melting over not picking up ******* Sam Gray or Dan Butler.

Butler wasnt getting a game behind about 6 other small forwards (one of them had bleeding on his brain?) and Sam Gray is somehow average and inconsistent at the same time.

I wonder where Addam Maric is?

I get we want a small forward and think Butler represents decent value, however there's something very melbourne/crook about melting over not picking up ******* Sam Gray or Dan Butler.

Butler wasnt getting a game behind about 6 other small forwards (one of them had bleeding on his brain?) and Sam Gray is somehow average and inconsistent at the same time.

I wonder where Addam Maric is?

Butler or Gray would probably get a game behind 0 small forwards. Not hard to comprehend that the cupboard is pretty bare at the moment.

Daniher is genuinely worth less than Hogan was last year and I was fine with what we got for Hogan. Both have big injury concerns at the time of the trade but Hogan was 2 years younger and was coming off 47 goals in 20 games, Daniher is coming off 15 in 11 in the past two years!
But Jobe Watson said he's one of the top 5 players in the comp

Butler's not that good. He's just better than anything we have right now. Lockhart or even Chandler might end up better than Butler, but it's not aiming that high.
Yeah true, guess my point is we shouldnt be sooking over Butler

6, 2020 first and a player was the asking price for gws. No players mentioned as yet but this will come soon.

We are watching to see if Butler falls over but his preference is saints and blues.

There are a couple looking at 3 as well.

6, 2020 first and a player was the asking price for gws. No players mentioned as yet but this will come soon.

We are watching to see if Butler falls over but his preference is saints and blues.

There are a couple looking at 3 as well.

Sounds like we would be stupid not to take that if its on the table. Even if they win the premiership we could always package next year's first and our first to try and get closer to the top end again or use it.

So long as the player involved is more of a Frost type gamble and not a pat McKenna type one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we would be stupid not to take that if its on the table. Even if they win the premiership we could always package next year's first and our first to try and get closer to the top end again or use it.

So long as the player involved is more of a Frost type gamble and not a pat McKenna type one.
and there’s the added benefit of trading the Frost type gamble to hawthorn for peanuts in five years! Everyone wins!
I reckon GWS will fall to 6-7 next year which would make it 3 for 6, 13-14, and a player. Would be a great deal.

and there’s the added benefit of trading the Frost type gamble to hawthorn for peanuts in five years! Everyone wins!
I reckon GWS will fall to 6-7 next year which would make it 3 for 6, 13-14, and a player. Would be a great deal.
We’d get to death ride GWS! Something to look forward to

We’d get to death ride GWS! Something to look forward to

Haven't we been doing that since they came into the competition? Awful plastic club.

Personally I think we’re done bringing in players but will shuffle our draft picks

I agree, but I don't really understand the whole draft points system.

I do feel that holding on to Pick 3 and using it to get the best player in the draft we can is a better option. At the end of the day the list we have should be competing for top 4 next year (that is not being a one eyed supporter either).

So getting in a (hopefully) gun that can grow in a competitive team as opposed to a struggling one feels like a better choice for me.

I agree, but I don't really understand the whole draft points system.

I do feel that holding on to Pick 3 and using it to get the best player in the draft we can is a better option. At the end of the day the list we have should be competing for top 4 next year (that is not being a one eyed supporter either).

So getting in a (hopefully) gun that can grow in a competitive team as opposed to a struggling one feels like a better choice for me.
We can still get a gun at 6. All the press seems to suggest that Serong, Flanders, Young, Ash and Kemp are pretty much on par with each other.

Interestingly though pick 6 is by far the worst performed historically in terms of games played in the top 20 picks.

1571098219366.png

We can still get a gun at 6. All the press seems to suggest that Serong, Flanders, Young, Ash and Kemp are pretty much on par with each other.

Interestingly though pick 6 is by far the worst performed historically in terms of games played in the top 20 picks.

View attachment 764733
Interesting coincidence. Also shows just how average the draft can be in general. Most top 20 players don't even make it to 100 games.

Interesting coincidence. Also shows just how average the draft can be in general. Most top 20 players don't even make it to 100 games.
At the end of the day those numbers are just a distribution of the number of games played by individuals. 22 rounds * 18 teams * 22 players getting games each week = 8000 caps to hand out each season across players from roughly 15 recruitment years.

I really hope Saints don't trade 2 firsts for Brad Hill, it is ridiculous asking price. Particularly since they are likely to be top 10 picks from the sound of things. Don't want to encourage Bell to keep being a w***er.
Stuff the Saints, they offered $900k a year to a guy contracted for 2 more seasons. Freo shouldn’t trade him unless they get overs

Let me say it again:

Points don’t ******* matter if you aren’t taking an academy or father-son.

The obsession with them is stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back