List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can get enough from GWS for pick 3 I'd look at swapping Pick 6 and Hawthorn's 2020 second rounder or whatever else we get from GWS (their 2020 first/second) for Fremantle's Pick 7 and 10. We're meant to keep a pick in either the first or second rounder next year but if we're taking 3 picks inside the top 10 this year you'd think the AFL would allow it. Fremantle might need the points if they think a bid will come for Liam Henry early.

Or I'd look at trading GWS 2020 first/second for the Dogs pick 13 given they'll need the 2020 pick to match a bid for an academy player.

then why did Frost leave to Hawthorn? i can't think of any other potential reason
Better money and contract?

Anyone just happy with the trade period and also just tired. See what they can do next year and leave it at that. Acquired another first round, gained back into next years first round and picked up two players needed.

I’d give Bennell a serious consideration if he is medically cleared. He’s a serious talent and I can totally see a club like Hawks or Tigers showing everyone up with him.

I assume that S Gray and Butler weren’t particularly rated by our list team. We didn’t seem to be linked and I assume Butler would have better job security at the Dees over saints in his position. JM said after missing Elliot we’d look at draft for a small forward. Assume he knew we’d have bugger all to trade out for a player. So I assume Gray or Puopolo if they walk or get delisted we will look at. Otherwise we’re backing in draftees such as Flanders Weightman and Serong to impact early. Also next year if we don’t get smashed with injury we’ll have Melksham Hannan J Smith and AVB up forward. Maybe someone like Spargo Chandler or Bedford will come on. I’d rather we go grab a player like Puopolo personally. Even if he spends time at Casey he’ll be an experienced head.

Doesn’t sound like we’ll spoil Carlton’s Martin party.
This s#*ts me big time. Carltank will be claiming this was their plan all along. I know it's not realistic, but I wish we had the kahunas to tell Martin that we WILL pick him in the PSD whether he likes it or not. This would do several things:
1) give him time to come around to the reality of playing for us and earning a decent paycheque still
2) if he sooks it and sits out the year, we've really lost nothing but our direct competitors have. Then we could trade him out next year (or not, who cares)
3) it'd at least force him to go to the national draft if he's hellbent on the Blues, which means the Blues will have to give up something for him still
I know this won't happen and the AFLPA would probably take us to court or something stupid like that. Bloody unions. But a man can dream...

then why did Frost leave to Hawthorn? i can't think of any other potential reason

I agree, the money was just a smokescreen. Mahoney's hard nose strikes again.

If we can get enough from GWS for pick 3 I'd look at swapping Pick 6 and Hawthorn's 2020 second rounder or whatever else we get from GWS (their 2020 first/second) for Fremantle's Pick 7 and 10. We're meant to keep a pick in either the first or second rounder next year but if we're taking 3 picks inside the top 10 this year you'd think the AFL would allow it. Fremantle might need the points if they think a bid will come for Liam Henry early.

Or I'd look at trading GWS 2020 first/second for the Dogs pick 13 given they'll need the 2020 pick to match a bid for an academy player.
Why would they trade 6 for 7+10

We really are gutless squibs. fu**sakes grow a pair.
Yeah nah no pairs on us, only traded our first next year for a second top 10 pick this year which is risky as all hell but because you decided you like a player that you don't even know if we can afford we are gutless.

You blokes are like journalists, create your own story then sook it up when it doesn't come true.

Yeah nah no pairs on us, only traded our first next year for a second top 10 pick this year which is risky as all hell but because you decided you like a player that you don't even know if we can afford we are gutless.

You blokes are like journalists, create your own story then sook it up when it doesn't come true.

Like how your "you blokes" gets thrown around when you're responding to one person. You're all campaigners, Topkent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't lump me in with Cannon please ...

Your own fault for living up here. Queenslanders are bad, Victorians are worse and faux Queenslanders are bottom of the pile.

Get ****ed go try bite ya dick off🤣🤣... week 27 since first stated:'Still couldnt reach it.' 'People say im a massive dickhead then why cant i nip the end while head bangin'

Obviously campaigners from perth are Wagner like..

People from Perth are utterly amazing and right up there with the top 20 players in the AFL?

If we use 2 x first rounders this year, we can trade future picks next year.
yes but we dont have a first round pick next year though

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

yes but we dont have a first round pick next year though

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

When I said ‘trade future picks next year’, I meant in 2020 we can trade 2021 picks.

Next year we will be allowed to trade picks from the following year, because we used our quota this year.

* that’s hard to make sound simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back