List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not to keen on Buzza. Not sure he’s a real need. I guess his upside in he can also ruck. But Geelong need tall forward ruck types and delisted him. So not sure I’m keen.
Pretty much this. Geelong have Hawkins and Jenkins there for the short term but they do need to address their tall forward stocks for the long term so if Buzza was good enough they'd have kept him. I think it's pretty telling that he's been delisted in what is an area of need for the Cats in the medium/long term. I'm happy to settle with Weid/Petty fighting for that 2nd tall forward spot.

TLDR: Demons trade period 7/10.

Agree with this, and the best part is that there's upside... could get even better depending what happens with pick swaps before the draft.

Personally i'd prefer to take both picks to the draft and improve the list now than to get picks next year, but we could get an offer too good to refuse.

Aaron Young, maybe. Old mate who went from Port to the Gold Coast. May have been delisted since the trade period.

Edit: Never mind, turns out there is actually a Robbie Young in the AFL. Was at St Kilda. Not even his mother knew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard we were straight on it, but Jack is very “emotional” about getting to Carlton. We’re out
He’s starting to sound a bit weird. Maybe we’re well out of it

didn't Port get rid of Dougal because they couldn't fit him into their defence? im not so sure they'll go after Gould myself. i think the Hawks may have shown interest in him though.
anyway I reckon we might find it hard to get a suitable deal now for pick 3 from GWS.
a swap with the Swans with 5 and 25 probably looks more appealing than GWSs 6 and a future first right now, with the added benefit of also not giving the Giants a leg up at the draft. i reckon GWS have got themselves into a bit of a half arsed position at the moment with nowhere really left to move.

Absolutely. They're in no mans land with Pick 6, although in a much better position than they were with Pick 12 & 18.

Crows will 100% nominate Green for Pick 4, there's no bluff to call. He's a cracking player, and definitely fills a need at our club.

I personally thought there was a gentlemens agreement between list selectors that players were bid on as a reflection on where a club rated them, not necessarily just to hold another club to account with their points.

Clubs should be wary of doing this in case they end up with a player (as good as they might be) that doesn't fill a need if their Academy club doesn't match.

Crows would be keenly aware of not doing this based on the fact we have 2-3 NGA/FS selections next year.

Will be an interesting few weeks.

I heard we were straight on it, but Jack is very “emotional” about getting to Carlton. We’re out

Oh FFS. Stevie May and KK should get in his ear and tell him that Blues screwed the pooch on this one and he should come to us. Why the hell are we allowing this sort of draft tampering to take place? Or more accurately: Why is Martin so dead-set on getting to a club the left him to hang in the wind after the trade period?

He’s starting to sound a bit weird. Maybe we’re well out of it

I agree wholeheartedly.

We should be selling the story that we will pick Martin at any cost.

Ensure he puts a million $ on his head then not pick him.

Then watch Carlton suck s**t.

This, and what booshboy said above. At least don't make it apparent that we 'only want him if he wants us'. My vindictive take on this all is less about Martin, and more about making Carlton cough something up. SOS is teflon coated in AFL circles it seems, but if you actually look at his record I'd say it's flawed as a manager. He picked up so many dud high draft picks (of course a few were going to stick when you have that many). Then he maxed out their salary cap which is part of (not all) the reason many A graders have left. He conveniently went out the back door to Carlton when this happened to leave that mess to others. Then at Carlton he's picked up the same GWS duds for the same result! Isn't that the definition of insanity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back