List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Townsend and Menadue as starting 18 players would mean we have better depth. Petracca and Melksham as emergencies suddenly makes our squad look a lot stronger.
That's why we want to draft Jackson. With Gawn and Preuss in reserve our ruck depth will be unprecedented.

The Jackson thing would just be so *in stupid. I know I'm harping on it but the club has an elite ruckman who has been in superb form 3 of the past 4 years and that still isn't changing our issue with outside run, delivery inside 50 and lack of small forwards. Even if Jackson is the next Gawn it doesn't make a difference to our other much more pressing issues. It'd also make the recruitment of Preuss look horrible, I'm ok with paying the bloke $450k a year to be the best ruck in the AFL not getting a game but to bring in Jackson under him is idiotic.

Club has a chance with two top 10 picks to address our current issues, I don't expect whoever we draft to dominate from day 1 but the list really should be pushing to go deep in September and picking someone like Jackson who would be realistically 4-5 years away from being influential at AFL level is insanity.

If we do draft Jackson he'll probably turn out to be hack, and if we don't draft him he'll turn out to be the greatest and most versatile player of the century and it'll turn out that we could have played him as an outside midfielder with speed and class or a 90 goal forward until Gawn retired. He'd only have won two Brownlows in the midfield before then, but worth the wait.

If we do draft Jackson he'll probably turn out to be hack, and if we don't draft him he'll turn out to be the greatest and most versatile player of the century and it'll turn out that we could have played him as an outside midfielder with speed and class or a 90 goal forward until Gawn retired. He'd only have won two Brownlows in the midfield before then, but worth the wait.

Even if he does go on to do all that, still not convinced he's a better option than Preuss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he does go on to do all that, still not convinced he's a better option than Preuss.
I don’t think we have adequately explored the possibility of playing Preuss on the wing

Schrodinger’s Draft Pick

I see there were reports that Carlton and GC could do a pick swap in GC favour and GC then delist Martin. Seems a bit dodgy.

Then Martin signs for Hawthorn. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Fletcher Roberts as KPD depth? Yes, I'm prepared for the abuse I'll cop for suggesting another club's discard, but IMO has merit.

I see there were reports that Carlton and GC could do a pick swap in GC favour and GC then delist Martin. Seems a bit dodgy.
That is blatant draft tampering.

The AFL are partial to letting dodgy s**t slide through to the keeper (two involving us - tanking and the Viney deal when he was father son), but surely not when it's as blatant as this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back