List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Even though we should, we're not getting Martin. Serong will be gone by our 8th pick. I'd say Weightman, Jackson and Kemp will be the 3 we're looking at. I think 2 at least will be available..

But yeah, Weid has been a huge disappointment so far. Look, we might be foxing in regards to stating we're into Jackson for the draft, but I genuinely believe we're looking at him because we really aren't sure whether Weid will develop into anything decent. He simply has to lift this season. Petty nearly showed more in half a dozen games.

It’s a fantasy side. Just having a bit of fun. I actually hope we take Kemp at 8 but went for Serong as Kemp likely won’t saddle up until 2021.

I really don’t like the idea of taking Jackson based on doubts we have over Weid. Our picks 3 & 8 must be best available talent, not influenced by needs. If we rate Jackson the 8th best talent then fine, pick him. If we have him 12th best but pick him at 8 because Weid is sheizen that would be a huge mistake. Can see it now - Kemp wins 2025 Brownlow at Carlton. “I was almost a Demon”.

no way Jetta misses out on a spot for Murray

Nev has been great for us but I see him being pushed out of the first 22 in favour of quicker defenders.

Nah mate try again. The difference between the bloke you still have 37 posters on the wall as a homage to and Bennell is one of them wants to be at Melbourne and the other doesn't.
No need to try agin the point was clear if you were perceived to be an injury prone drug taker that was bad now it’s not a problem, and let’s be honest with ourselves at this point Bennell is happy to go anywhere having not played for 3 years and having been given the ass twice combined with a horrible off field record.

Only Robbie Flower and Paul Mcstay posters on my wall, my mum took the Sam Fox one down when I was a school

but we were never paying those 2 a combined $1.5m.

That was my point, im not sure why people throw bullshit figures around

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Well i said near on $1.5m. Hogan was on $900k and Watts was on $500k. So to me thats near on $1.5m. Hogan took a pay cut to go to Freo and we are paying 15% of Watts $500k contract over 2 years so if you add that 15% itll work out to $1.5m we paid Watts and Hogan. Do show me otherwise..

Well i said near on $1.5m. Hogan was on $900k and Watts was on $500k. So to me thats near on $1.5m. Hogan took a pay cut to go to Freo and we are paying 15% of Watts $500k contract over 2 years so if you add that 15% itll work out to $1.5m we paid Watts and Hogan. Do show me otherwise..

Hogan wasnt on $900k and Watts was on a bit less than $500k

But hey feel free to make some more numbers up

I'm also curious where people pull these numbers from, and these percentages of what we're paying other clubs to take our players, etc.

The Wagners are on $2M a season. Each.

Hogan wasnt on $900k and Watts was on a bit less than $500k

But hey feel free to make some more numbers up

Watts was on $500k its why we had to pay some and people sooking about the pick we got.

I'm also curious where people pull these numbers from, and these percentages of what we're paying other clubs to take our players, etc.

The Wagners are on $2M a season. Each.
Peter Jackson came out and said it thats how...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how Hibberd and Jones fit into the side if we add Bennell, Murray, Langdon and Tomlinson. I can't remember the last time Hibberd played a good game and while I love Jonesy and want him to get to 300 and would prefer to play him in a forward role or defensive role than a young and raw player like Sparrow, Spargo, Lockhart, Dunkley, ANB or Wagner because he does still have some good football in him here and there those two are among the first to go on form if we add three or four players who are probably best 22 quality around the ground if fit. And that's without contemplating two types at 3 and 8 who going off the last few drafts most likely will be plug and play best 22 quality by round 1 also (unless we draft Kemp).

Can easily see them becoming depth types very quickly next year. Which is good because they're putting pressure on the younger players to perform and keep their places, but IMO an ideal situation is where they don't play any games because I didn't rate their contributions very highly this year (though that's true of most of the list).

I don't see how Hibberd and Jones fit into the side if we add Bennell, Murray, Langdon and Tomlinson. I can't remember the last time Hibberd played a good game and while I love Jonesy and want him to get to 300 and would prefer to play him in a forward role or defensive role than a young and raw player like Sparrow, Spargo, Lockhart, Dunkley, ANB or Wagner because he does still have some good football in him here and there those two are among the first to go on form if we add three or four players who are probably best 22 quality around the ground if fit. And that's without contemplating two types at 3 and 8 who going off the last few drafts most likely will be plug and play best 22 quality by round 1 also (unless we draft Kemp).

Can easily see them becoming depth types very quickly next year. Which is good because they're putting pressure on the younger players to perform and keep their places, but IMO an ideal situation is where they don't play any games because I didn't rate their contributions very highly this year (though that's true of most of the list).

I've been really critical of Jones but I have NFI what happened to him towards the end of 2018 (Which was when he started declining badly). In 2017 and the first 2/3 of 2018 he seemed to be relishing not having to play the inside role as much, and his outside game was actually doing pretty well with his disposal going really well. Suddenly he goes back to the Jones at the start of his career when he is just bombing it in without looking and turning it over whilst offering nothing defensively. Also agree Hibberd has honestly looked pretty bad for a while now, would love Young to come in and have the freedom to play his role.

I've been really critical of Jones but I have NFI what happened to him towards the end of 2018 (Which was when he started declining badly). In 2017 and the first 2/3 of 2018 he seemed to be relishing not having to play the inside role as much, and his outside game was actually doing pretty well with his disposal going really well. Suddenly he goes back to the Jones at the start of his career when he is just bombing it in without looking and turning it over whilst offering nothing defensively. Also agree Hibberd has honestly looked pretty bad for a while now, would love Young to come in and have the freedom to play his role.
I'm not going to pretend to have massive intel or tickets on him but Murray* certainly has Hibberd's speed covered and can read the play well while being a better kick, while Langdon brings the speed and pressure. And then Young as you say most likely comes in and doesn't have to worry about being super accountable in the back half because May, Hore, Jetta, Lever, Langdon, Tomlinson and Murray* (and Salem to a lesser extent) will be there, and he can just use that massive rake of his to be the playmaker and push up the ground at times while also honing that defensive aspect of his game.

WRT Jones as I said he could outplay any of our other bit part players (like the ANBs and Wagners and Hannan etc) mostly because as you say his outside game was strong. That's gone now, apparently, and regardless the players we have brought/are hopefully bringing in are better than bit parts). I think and hope that he plays in the VFL for the majority of next year because if he plays 22 games at the same standard as 2019 it's probably because we're bottom 6 again.

I'm not going to pretend to have massive intel or tickets on him but Murray* certainly has Hibberd's speed covered and can read the play well while being a better kick, while Langdon brings the speed and pressure. And then Young as you say most likely comes in and doesn't have to worry about being super accountable in the back half because May, Hore, Jetta, Lever, Langdon, Tomlinson and Murray* (and Salem to a lesser extent) will be there, and he can just use that massive rake of his to be the playmaker and push up the ground at times while also honing that defensive aspect of his game.

WRT Jones as I said he could outplay any of our other bit part players (like the ANBs and Wagners and Hannan etc) mostly because as you say his outside game was strong. That's gone now, apparently, and regardless the players we have brought/are hopefully bringing in are better than bit parts). I think and hope that he plays in the VFL for the majority of next year because if he plays 22 games at the same standard as 2019 it's probably because we're bottom 6 again.

Agree with everything you say except Murray is a shithouse kick and Langdon won't play much back half, his running might take him there but he'll play on the wing. Out of all the s**t that came from 2019 at least we got Hore who should probably keep Hibberd out of the side.

Jetta May Lever
Young OMac :$ Hore

Reckon that's what we'll go with round 1 2020 providing we pick Young and no injuries.

Agree with everything you say except Murray is a shithouse kick and Langdon won't play much back half, his running might take him there but he'll play on the wing. Out of all the s**t that came from 2019 at least we got Hore who should probably keep Hibberd out of the side.

Jetta May Lever
Young OMac :$ Hore

Reckon that's what we'll go with round 1 2020 providing we pick Young and no injuries.
Langdon's role is to run everywhere IMO - even if he plays on the wing he's still going to be tackling and creating pressure in the back 50 and then distributing to players like Young who can use it better.

I doubt OMac will play. Whenever we come up against a side with a second KPF that Lever and Hore can't hold I think Tomlinson and Petty (or TMac if Petty turns out somehow to be a better forward target) will go to them in D50. Tomlinson isn't a great offensive player but he's shown at GWS he's a decent stopper. At least as good as OMac in 2017/early 2018 when he was doing some decent jobs.

No, he will be ours as long as he does not train with another team before December 1st I believe. He can train with us from the 3rd and we pay him with the option to buy. I believe that is how it goes, Not sure on Murray though, he cannot join a club until February I think.
Incorrect I think you will find. This has been discussed on our board after being raised by a Dees fan. As he was a listed AFL player in 2019 he will have to nominate for one of the drafts. If he is overlooked he is free to sign and train with whoever he likes.

Either way as a 27 year old that seems to have nominated his club and given his circumstances I feel afl clubs will respect that and allow him to pass through to Dec.

Incorrect I think you will find. This has been discussed on our board after being raised by a Dees fan. As he was a listed AFL player in 2019 he will have to nominate for one of the drafts. If he is overlooked he is free to sign and train with whoever he likes.

Either way as a 27 year old that seems to have nominated his club and given his circumstances I feel afl clubs will respect that and allow him to pass through to Dec.
From AFL site. Says nothing about nominating for the draft.

And you can copy this and take it back to your board and they will anoint you as the draft king 2019 such will be your knowledge,
Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back