List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
When Joe Daniher broke down yet again he stood up and helped them a long way this year. When I heard he was de-listed I thought it's the Bombers must be insane letting a guy that was just about in their 22 who is way more consistent the Break-down Joe. He could definitely help us. I wouldn't mind seeing Brown in the Red and Blue.

Again Essendon move the ball inside 50 way better than we do. Brown is an extremely average forward who'll be exposed with our quality of entries. Costs nothing so sure but I'd be shocked if he managed to kick more than 15 goals and at 29 doesn't have much upside.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have the stupidest reason of all for being a Melbourne supporter. My best mate when I was 7 was from Adelaide and he told me he was a Melbourne supporter, one day he asked me, "which team do you go for?", I was very embarrassed because I hadn't even chosen a team yet (my dad was never interested in sport), so I just reflexively said "yeah, the Demons too", just to cover my embarrassment. Turns out the only reason he went for Melbourne was because his dad used to barrack for West Torrens in the SANFL when they lived in Adelaide, and when they moved to Melbourne he chose the Dees because they had the same colours.

So there you go, all this misery and disappointment for such a random set of circumstances. I briefly flirted with changing teams when I was 9 or 10, and I agonised over that decision for weeks, but in the end, I couldn't do it - my brain had obviously already decided that it was wrong to change teams and I never considered changing again. I'd like to believe that this speaks to something noble about me, but I suspect it probably just makes me a dickhead.
The cherry on top of this story is that West Torrens wore blue and gold and were the Eagles.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
The cherry on top of this story is that West Torrens wore blue and gold and were the Eagles.
Oh, maybe it was Norwood then? It was 35 years ago... Oh Jesus Christ, please don't tell me even the colours thing was wrong and me and my mate could have chosen the Eagles and seen 4 flags by now... :oops: Although since the WC Eagles weren't even invented yet this would have required some fairly adept timeline management and some very funky causality. I've seen worse in science fiction though.

Anyway, like a 40 year marriage with a lot of rough years under its belt and only 2 or 3 good ones, I'm too old to find somebody else, so we gotta bunker down and ride this out until death do us part...

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Between Samantha Fox and Sabrina, I went through many a tissue box in the late 80’s..

Just checked out some pics of Sabrina. Tell me I’m wrong but I’m getting tra.nny vibes?

Attachments

• 86EE05EE-BC60-4AB0-9B81-97B5B6FDC3F3.jpeg
    86EE05EE-BC60-4AB0-9B81-97B5B6FDC3F3.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 56CE62C2-AC2D-4125-9AA0-63C441B51D1F.jpeg
    56CE62C2-AC2D-4125-9AA0-63C441B51D1F.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 6D64048F-9A69-49ED-90B2-7AEEEC58F544.jpeg
    6D64048F-9A69-49ED-90B2-7AEEEC58F544.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Just checked out some pics of Sabrina. Tell me I’m wrong but I’m getting tra.nny vibes?
you are not wrong

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
My old man was an immigrant wog who told my maternal grandfather that he’d do anything for his blessing to marry mum.

My grandfather told him that he would have to barrack for Melbourne and so would the grandkids.. my Dad instantly agreed. Dad had no idea what he was talking about.

Curse you granddad! If only my poor father knew what he was committing himself and his family too....
I bet your grandad never stopped laughing.

Probably wouldn’t get away with it nowadays. He’d be thrown in jail for cruel and unusual exploitation of an ethnic minority.

Back