The 2020 Big Footy Tout of the Year competion

What is the minimum number of tips you want per week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in

Few points.

Why is it restricted to certain meetings? Some of the best tips this year came from the provincials. Restricting days you can bet is enough.

Has to be minimum 4 tips per week if we're not going to stick with the 6.

Should be able to bet straight out on place as well. Tipping a horse to place at $3 for $4 is as good as a winner.

My first point is probably my biggest issue though.

Also keen to have a crack... cheers for running it great work 👍 and putting in some coin.

I’m in.
think it needs to be 4 tips min a week.
Also think that meetings available to be tipping in should be listed at the start of the week so no one gets confused.
(eg Meetings available to tip in Jan 11: Randwick, Flemington, Gold Coast, Murray Bridge, Pinjarra)

I’m in.
think it needs to be 4 tips min a week.
Also think that meetings available to be tipping in should be listed at the start of the week so no one gets confused.
(eg Meetings available to tip in Jan 11: Randwick, Flemington, Gold Coast, Murray Bridge, Pinjarra)
Seems like 4 minimum is a consensus and if you want more go ahead.. Happy with that. I might allow all meetings in Australia and group races in NZ cos why not. I dont think it will make my life harder.

Only other thing to quibble about is the min bet size? Everyone happy with 20 units min max 10 percent of the bank?

I do think that a TAB meeting like Coonamble or Warwick or anywhere in NT should be off limits.
Like the idea of NZ group races being allowed but do you allow HK Sat races?
Think Aus only is the better option.

I do think that a TAB meeting like Coonamble or Warwick or anywhere in NT should be off limits.
Like the idea of NZ group races being allowed but do you allow HK Sat races?
Think Aus only is the better option.
As long as its a TAB meeting that should be ok because everyone can get a bet on there. Hong Kong only race 2 or 3 Sats a year so no point in including them.
New Zealand group races always hold an interest with the punting board so i think we should include them

Seems like 4 minimum is a consensus and if you want more go ahead.. Happy with that. I might allow all meetings in Australia and group races in NZ cos why not. I dont think it will make my life harder.

Only other thing to quibble about is the min bet size? Everyone happy with 20 units min max 10 percent of the bank?
Sounds good in the main

Only question would be limited flex if you have to have 4 bets, min 20 units, max 10% of bank and a starting bank of 1,000.

That means from the very first week the max you can spend is 100 units pw across 4 bets and they all have to be 20 units or more. So you have no room to load up more on something you like as the max bet is effectively 40 units if you had 20 units on the other 3 bets. Once you get below 800 units all 4 bets every week need to be 20 units.

So to allow more space for going bigger on something you like requires either a smaller minimum bet (say 10 units) or a larger % of bank to spend each week (15-20%)

Last edited:
Sounds good in the main

Only question would be limited flex if you have to have 4 bets, min 20 units, max 10% of bank and a starting bank of 1,000.

That means from the very first week the max you can spend is 100 units pw across 4 bets and they all have to be 20 units or more. So you have no room to load up more on something you like as the max bet is effectively 40 units if you had 20 units on the other 3 bets. Once you get below 800 units all 4 bets every week need to be 20 units.

So to allow more space for going bigger on something you like requires either a smaller minimum bet (say 10 units) or a larger % of bank to spend each week (15-20%)
its a max single bet. so if the bank is 1000 units and you have 10 good things on the same day you can blow your whole bank if you like! adds to the fun i think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back