The 2020 Big Footy Tout of the Year competion

What is the minimum number of tips you want per week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been put in charge of running the Tout Comp for 2020 whether you like it or not after Paris relinquished the post from last year. He has kindly provided the $100 prize and i will chuck in another $100. 1st prize a $150 bet and 2nd prize a $50 bet to be shared between Paris, I and the winner/2nd placegetter to be mutually decided after the comp ends at the end of November 2020.
Winner will also get a shiny badge under his username

I want to slightly tweak the rules but will listen to feedback.

Rules
  1. Starting Bank 1000 units
  2. Tips to be at any TAB meetings in Australia on a Saturday plus Melb Cup day or any New Zealand Group race.
  3. at least 4 tips a week.
  4. If a tip is scratched you don't have to replace it
  5. 3 Holidays per year
  6. Min bet 20 units
  7. Max Bet 10% of your bank for the ballzy punters
  8. If your bank goes under 50 units you are out.
  9. odds based on Vic Tab odds
  10. Starting date Sat Jan 11th Magic Millions Day
Thats about it for now, let me know what you think or if you want rules changed and good punting to you all!

Put your names down underneath if you are in. Last entry accepted 10th Jan 2020

Those in so far

HeathComeBack
iluvparis
TBellicious
Matty_G
king rising
AvantGardener
54Dogs
Iknowthedog
Fabab
bigpapagman
come on oliver
WWII
99 Problems
Haminga
MJC25
Better Loosen UP
Slippers
Dan1488au
MITS
Balmainforever
Viva La Mattner
Gavin Excell
Areyoufireal
Mdizzle
Pendlebury_10
Rideclutch
Falling Leifs
RAnk N File

Addendum extra winner - Tipper who has a bank at the end of the tipping period and has tipped the biggest percentage of winners will also get to share a $50 quad with me

Last edited:
In.

Personally I think minimum 2 tips a week is not enough and will favour those who don't tip which wasn't the point of the original comp and losing tipsters will still have plenty of bank left at the end of the year just by not tipping.

Can amend the limit on bets, however its a tipping comp and i am coming from the point of view that if you are struggling to find a3rd or 4th tip then its not really a tip, its forcing you to pick one. Will put a poll up to see what everyone thinks.

Can amend the limit on bets, however its a tipping comp and i am coming from the point of view that if you are struggling to find a3rd or 4th tip then its not really a tip, its forcing you to pick one. Will put a poll up to see what everyone thinks.

Increase min spend per weekend then

49 weekends @ 20 units is 980 units TO and expected loss 180 units or something. So winning score would be 800 by pure guess work.

Unlimited bets and having to check scratching times... That will take some admin work?

As point 1 never designated gallops I assume harness is fine ;)

I have been put in charge of running the Tout Comp for 2020 whether you like it or not after Paris relinquished the post from last year. He has kindly provided the $100 prize and i will chuck in another $100. 1st prize a $150 bet and 2nd prize a $50 bet to be shared between Paris, I and the winner/2nd placegetter to be mutually decided after the comp ends at the end of November 2020.

I want to slightly tweak the rules but will listen to feedback.

Rules for now
  1. Starting Bank 1000 units
  2. Tips restricted to Melb/Syd/Adelaide/Brisbane/Perth metro or designated metro Saturday races, and New Zealand Group 1,2 and 3 races.
  3. Biggest rule change is that you only have to put in a minimum of 2 tips a week, and an unlimited maximum as long as you stick to the designated races. So if you have a week where you are not confident, or you dont have time to study all the form you only have to put in 2 tips.
  4. If a tip is scratched you dont have to replace it even if it means less than 2 tips for the week as long as the horse is not scratched when tipped
  5. 3 Holidays per year
  6. Min bet 10 units
  7. Max Bet 20% of your bank for the ballzy punters
  8. If your bank goes under 20 units you are out.
Thats about it for now, let me know what you think or if you want rules changed and good punting to you all!

Put your names down underneath if you are in. Last entry accepted 10th Jan 2020

Concerns:

2 bets x 10 units = 20 units pw min bet with 1,000 unit bank. People can just dink away on 2 x min bets each week on $1-30 shots to hang around.

Happy with 2 bets minimum as you shouldn't be forced to take one you don't like, but would like to see the minimum spend at 100 units pw. This way you are forcing punters to turn over their bank. Min bet 20 units.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also it might be too much admin but having an option to put the bet on before the race would be perfect, rather than a set lockout time. It's very tough not knowing track bias etc.
i am actually fine with that as BF has a time stamp of posts. But if a post is marked edited post race obviously discarded. Happy to have the minimum bet increased to at least 50 units as well

I’m in

Surprised the picnic king didn’t include picnic races in this years rules

Minimum 3 picks and 10% of your bankroll IMO. Probably need some minimum units each week as well so it doesn't end up 10% of nothing.

I couldn't be bothered doing the form to find 6 last time around so just stopped.

Back