Injury The 2020 Injury thread discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giant Pete

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I know Tarantos back in a few weeks, but I can’t see Tom Green getting dropped for a while. I guess Hately would come out.

Giant Pete

Premiership Player
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I reckon with our list and the way we want to play, we will do best with Hopper, Taranto and Green on the ball at most stoppages. Obviously DeBoer will be in there as well. I think Cogs, Ward, Whitfield and Kelly can play a mixture of inside and outside. But we want them using the ball on the outside mostly. Let those three young bulls get to work on the inside.

Pres

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
I like that we would have to make a choice like that, but as an unashamed Hately fan I hope they both play the season, much as TT did in his first year
It would be very cool to have at least one game where all of Hopper, Taranto, Cogs, Ward, DeBoer, Kelly play.

Not sure how they'd work it but would be a good spectacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS Goose

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2011
Emu Plains
AFL Club
GWS

Phil DavisHamstringTest
Tim TarantoShoulder2-3 weeks
Tom HutchessonHamstring2-3 weeks
Sam ReidCalf4 weeks
Zac WilliamsHamstring4 weeks
Isaac CummingHamstring10-12 weeks
The reverse of what I thought!

Davis is probably harder to replace for us than Zac. But having Zac and Cumming out dilutes that part of the field. Guessing A Kennedy come ins. Other option is we bring in one of the midfielders in and drop Whitfield to the back pocket

Orange crush

Debutant
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
The reverse of what I thought!

Davis is probably harder to replace for us than Zac. But having Zac and Cumming out dilutes that part of the field. Guessing A Kennedy come ins. Other option is we bring in one of the midfielders in and drop Whitfield to the back pocket
Whitfield running off half-back and ring Caldwell or Hill in for another game

Giant Strides

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Damn! Really didn't want to lose Davis, because there's no-one near his quality in our squad to replace him, so happy that he may be OK (fingers crossed). However, it hurts to lose Zac's speed and zip (when he's in form - as he was during that last match).

Kennedy has been solid for us in the past, so no problems if he comes back in. However, I'd be equally happy if Lachie dropped back into the position where he won his AA and someone else got a guernsey - either someone on the wing (Caldwell, O'Halloran?), or Bobby Hill up front (and someone dropping back to the midfield) - although that positional switch needs to be balanced.

But I'd hope that Lachie Ash is given some licence to use his speed and run. Started that game well with a very nice mark, but quite unseen after that.

Pres

Premiership Player
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Game day diagnosis of soft tissue injuries must be the furthest thing on earth from an exact science.

Davis straight off, jacket on and ice applied but scan clear. Williams off as a precaution, seen doing warm up runs and tests on the sideline yet comes out that he has a tear...

Top Bottom