Daniels
Whitfield
Taranto
Flynn
Hutchesson
Reid
Kennedy (?)

Going superbly!

Hopefully the first 4 are all good to go this week.
Kennedy cant be too far away, is he in fact still injured?

I know Tarantos back in a few weeks, but I can’t see Tom Green getting dropped for a while. I guess Hately would come out.

Kennedy back for Williams
Keeffe in for Davis
Davis indicated that Williams was more precautionary so he might be a chance to play next weekend.

Honestly though, given our luck, it'll probably be the season. :(

I reckon with our list and the way we want to play, we will do best with Hopper, Taranto and Green on the ball at most stoppages. Obviously DeBoer will be in there as well. I think Cogs, Ward, Whitfield and Kelly can play a mixture of inside and outside. But we want them using the ball on the outside mostly. Let those three young bulls get to work on the inside.

I know Tarantos back in a few weeks, but I can’t see Tom Green getting dropped for a while. I guess Hately would come out.
I like that we would have to make a choice like that, but as an unashamed Hately fan I hope they both play the season, much as TT did in his first year

I like that we would have to make a choice like that, but as an unashamed Hately fan I hope they both play the season, much as TT did in his first year
It would be very cool to have at least one game where all of Hopper, Taranto, Cogs, Ward, DeBoer, Kelly play.

Not sure how they'd work it but would be a good spectacle.

Phil DavisHamstringTest
Tim TarantoShoulder2-3 weeks
Tom HutchessonHamstring2-3 weeks
Sam ReidCalf4 weeks
Zac WilliamsHamstring4 weeks
Isaac CummingHamstring10-12 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phil DavisHamstringTest
Tim TarantoShoulder2-3 weeks
Tom HutchessonHamstring2-3 weeks
Sam ReidCalf4 weeks
Zac WilliamsHamstring4 weeks
Isaac CummingHamstring10-12 weeks

The reverse of what I thought!

Davis is probably harder to replace for us than Zac. But having Zac and Cumming out dilutes that part of the field. Guessing A Kennedy come ins. Other option is we bring in one of the midfielders in and drop Whitfield to the back pocket

The reverse of what I thought!

Davis is probably harder to replace for us than Zac. But having Zac and Cumming out dilutes that part of the field. Guessing A Kennedy come ins. Other option is we bring in one of the midfielders in and drop Whitfield to the back pocket

Whitfield running off half-back and ring Caldwell or Hill in for another game

Damn! Really didn't want to lose Davis, because there's no-one near his quality in our squad to replace him, so happy that he may be OK (fingers crossed). However, it hurts to lose Zac's speed and zip (when he's in form - as he was during that last match).

Kennedy has been solid for us in the past, so no problems if he comes back in. However, I'd be equally happy if Lachie dropped back into the position where he won his AA and someone else got a guernsey - either someone on the wing (Caldwell, O'Halloran?), or Bobby Hill up front (and someone dropping back to the midfield) - although that positional switch needs to be balanced.

But I'd hope that Lachie Ash is given some licence to use his speed and run. Started that game well with a very nice mark, but quite unseen after that.

Was Coniglio injured/underdone? Why did he spend so much time forward, just role change?
Dont think he was injured, but I also dont think it will be every week he spends that much time forward.

It wasn't great for my Super coach team!

Rusty as well IMO. Listening to previous AFL players' interviews after sustaining a major injury it can often take them months to get complete faith back in their body.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back