The 2020 JUB JUB MEMORIAL Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the fires and the shitty concerts would have affected the crowds somewhat.
Still a decent turnout imo.
The fires would certainly have had an impact, but it's a woeful turnout.

The fires would certainly have had an impact, but it's a woeful turnout.
Are you just comparing it to previous years?
I think it stacks up pretty well.
From what I could find it’s over half of the f1s attendance in Melbourne (the pinnacle of Motorsport in a city with double the population)
An average of 50k per day, obviously not 50k on Thursday or Friday, but still better than any 4 games at AO, better than what the bend would get over 4 days and probably higher than any other Supercar round including Bathurst.

Are you just comparing it to previous years?
I think it stacks up pretty well.
From what I could find it’s over half of the f1s attendance in Melbourne (the pinnacle of Motorsport in a city with double the population)
An average of 50k per day, obviously not 50k on Thursday or Friday, but still better than any 4 games at AO, better than what the bend would get over 4 days and probably higher than any other Supercar round including Bathurst.
It's dropped off 90K in 5 years, that's huge.

Keep your head in the sand though

Try reading what I’ve written.
I never said it hasn’t dropped off.
Given I’ve been involved in it since 2004, I know exactly what it’s like.
Im just saying it’s still a decent crowd.
It's not just dropped off, it's dropped off faster than every other event. The attraction isn't there anymore.

It's not an Adelaide 500 problem btw, it's a Supercars problem. The series is clearly on the nose for several reasons. It's at a point where even the diehards are leaving it, and with Holden disappearing it's gonna get worse.

If you're involved in it you haven't got the neutral view either.

It's not just dropped off, it's dropped off faster than every other event. The attraction isn't there anymore.

It's not an Adelaide 500 problem btw, it's a Supercars problem. The series is clearly on the nose for several reasons. It's at a point where even the diehards are leaving it, and with Holden disappearing it's gonna get worse.

If you're involved in it you haven't got the neutral view either.
I’m not involved in putting the event on.
So it’s no skin off my nose.
let’s see what happens next year.
Sure they’ve dropped off, but the numbers weren’t woeful no matter how you spin it compared to other events.

I’m not involved in putting the event on.
So it’s no skin off my nose.
let’s see what happens next year.
Sure they’ve dropped off, but the numbers weren’t woeful no matter how you spin it compared to other events.
But they are woeful compared to OUR event, that's the point. The organisers are even discussing the idea of changing it back to a 3 day event.

My original point though, which you missed, was that if an event such as the 500 is dropping off so dramatically then what hope does the series have.

But they are woeful compared to OUR event, that's the point. The organisers are even discussing the idea of changing it back to a 3 day event.

My original point though, which you missed, was that if an event such as the 500 is dropping off so dramatically then what hope does the series have.
Let’s see what they come up with.
I can’t see it just dying.

The entire series is boring. The cars are to easy to drive. fu** all stacks and no passing
This year's cars apparently aren't easy to drive, but they're so twitchy you can't run close enough to other cars to pass them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s see what they come up with.
I can’t see it just dying.
They're doing a good job at finding new categories and things for kids and families to do. Can't fault them on that at all.

Know why the Aussie racing cars weren’t here this year?
They’re great value.
I reckon it's got something to do with the fact they're owned by the guys who run TCR and the Bathurst 12hr They can only run at a certain number of other events.

Not 100% on that though

Something critical must have happened over that last weekend. Like James wasn't paid what was agreed via Team Sydney or they discovered something wrong with the car that was easily avoidable and put the driver in danger. Another possibility is a drive with another team but the Adderton statement puts it firmly with internal issues at Team Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back