The 2020 JUB JUB MEMORIAL Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we really care about the Camaro in Australia? Seems like a forced effort to maintain a Ford versus narrative.
"Oh, you know how you followed Holden? Well, they were owned by General Motors and the Camaro is a GM car too so you can now follow them"

View attachment 983853

Yeah that's pretty much it. Supercars desperate attempt to retain the Holden fans by chucking a few Chevs in the mix. Don't know why any Holden fans would want to support a GM after they pissed and s**t all over the Holden brand.

Yeah that's pretty much it. Supercars desperate attempt to retain the Holden fans by chucking a few Chevs in the mix. Don't know why any Holden fans would want to support a GM after they pissed and sh*t all over the Holden brand.
I think it would actually work though.

The imported Camaro's were about 100K

They were available for the low low price of 85,990 + on roads... overpriced (because of conversion) nonetheless. They’re a direct competitor to the Mustang GT and they’re over 20k extra. You’d want to be a serious Chevy fan boy to choose it over the Mustang.

Since the Camaro is being discontinued it just seems like a quick fix to keep Holden fans onboard.

Last edited:
Which doesn't say much for those Holden fans if I'm honest.

As a Holden person... honestly I like the Camaro a lot. If it was priced sensibly and you didn’t have to be an amputee to fit in the back then I’d consider it. I don’t like it because of GM I like it because it’s the best looking pony car. The Challenger is a boat and the Mustang doesn’t look as good IMO.

I think it’s exciting that people can actually support drivers instead of a sticking with a manufacturer or a team.

As a Holden person... honestly I like the Camaro a lot. If it was priced sensibly and you didn’t have to be an amputee to fit in the back then I’d consider it. I don’t like it because of GM I like it because it’s the best looking pony car. The Challenger is a boat and the Mustang doesn’t look as good IMO.

I think it’s exciting that people can actually support drivers instead of a sticking with a manufacturer or a team.

I can understand continuing to support the drivers and teams but do wonder about those Holden fans wearing Chevrolet badges after they killed Holden.

I've looked the Camaro in the past but the current one looks like a piano feel on it and squashed it flat.
Sometimes I like the look of the Challenger but boat is the perfect description for how it looks like it would handle. I suspect it would be an atrocious drive.
As standard, the Mustang looks like a 67 fastback got on the donuts. Lowered with a set of aggressive wheels and the look pretty tough though.
The Charger is probably the pick of them for me but only the widebody models. The standard ones are pretty characterless.

I've looked the Camaro in the past but the current one looks like a piano feel on it and squashed it flat.
Sometimes I like the look of the Challenger but boat is the perfect description for how it looks like it would handle. I suspect it would be an atrocious drive.
As standard, the Mustang looks like a 67 fastback got on the donuts. Lowered with a set of aggressive wheels and the look pretty tough though.
The Charger is probably the pick of them for me but only the widebody models. The standard ones are pretty characterless.

Agree with the Mustang comment. The stock wheels are atrocious but with some nice concave wheels and lowered suspension :fire:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if that stops any other manufacturers coming in. Supercars seems intent on this rivalry alone

I wonder if that stops any other manufacturers coming in. Supercars seems intent on this rivalry alone
Hopefully not. I'd love to see supra join. If they could get BMW, Porsche or Ferrari to join would be amazing but I'm sure most of those would have little interest in our sport and would be far fetched. Toyota the most likely imo

Loving the Camaro, find it weird HSV have just stopped importing them though just as they are coming in to race.
It's far too expensive to import and convert, hence the ridiculous price tags they had.

There’s a fair amount on Carsales with low k’s. If the VFII keeps increasing in value and the Camaro keeps dropping then maybe it’ll even out for a clean swap :D
They're a pretty firm ride from what I've experienced. Not a car for a hills drive.

Waters tops P1. They'll be up the pointy end all day IMO

Is there going to be a separate thread for Bathurst this year? it's already started...
Waters fastest in Practice 1 and SVG and Slade( in MCL's car) had a minor bump at the Elbow haha

Is there going to be a separate thread for Bathurst this year?
I decided to create a thread myself:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back