The 2020 JUB JUB MEMORIAL Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayo (Foxtel) has also announced they were going to put some Supercar races in front of their paywall. Effectively free to try and at attract subscribers.
Seven says NO.

Mayo (Foxtel) has also announced they were going to put some Supercar races in front of their paywall. Effectively free to try and at attract subscribers.
Seven says NO.

Fair enough, 7 paid for FTA.

Yes, no issue with that.
Very pissed though with Fox that they have folded on Bathurst, as well as the AFL GF.
Having 7’s interminable ad break and sickening cross promotion just kills it for me.
No way I’m watching Bathurst next year.

The business model for the sports coverage is a hangover from anti siphoning rules - think it still applies to Bathurst & GFs for both codes.
Afraid we are stuck with it or get up there.

Yes, no issue with that.
Very pissed though with Fox that they have folded on Bathurst, as well as the AFL GF.
Having 7’s interminable ad break and sickening cross promotion just kills it for me.
No way I’m watching Bathurst next year.

The ads are only the beginning. You wont even know who is who with their s**t campaigner camera quality.

any news on how tickford get the 4th car for lee holdsworth? read that supercars don't want to give up the 2 entitlements? wouldn't racing be better with a top ten car then giving it to matt stone racing? seems strange ..

good to see tim slade land a full time drive even if its at the slowest team (cool drive)

1983 Bathurst winner ( with P Brock ) John Harvey has passed away. :thumbsdown:

EDIT - So has Jim Winterbottom ( Frostys dad ).
He never raced ATCC as far as i'm aware but was prominent on the scene in the 70's-80's

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad to hear about John Harvey, a greatly under appreciated driver and commentator. Played second fiddle to Brock most of his tintop career but was very capable and is a Bathurst winner. I grew up a Allan Moffat fan in the late 70's so I didn't like the Holdens and most of the Holden drivers, but I did like Harvey and Gricey.

RIP John.

Supercars media rights/ownership

Interesting to Archer Capitals Mr Wiggs looking to keep 7CEO James Warburton on side, given Wiggs with Rugby Australia.

I can see Archer Capital wanting Supercars out of their portfolio before Jun 30. Clearing the decks around Covid :oops:

Here we are a year on & the ownership of Supercars is again in the news:

'Six groups are now believed to have made offers to buy Supercars from private equity fund Archer Capital.

Along with known bids from a consortium of motorsport identities, a leading sports marketing agency and a motor racing promoter, AUTO ACTION has learned that three others have been received.'

With well known AFL figure Craig Kelly a key figure in the bidding & bids closed, hopefully the decisions around ownership will benefit the fans.

Here we are a year on & the ownership of Supercars is again in the news:

'Six groups are now believed to have made offers to buy Supercars from private equity fund Archer Capital.

Along with known bids from a consortium of motorsport identities, a leading sports marketing agency and a motor racing promoter, AUTO ACTION has learned that three others have been received.'

With well known AFL figure Craig Kelly a key figure in the bidding & bids closed, hopefully the decisions around ownership will benefit the fans.
Wonder if Peter Adderton (boost) is part of it

Wonder if Peter Adderton (boost) is part of it

He is with Paul Morris in one of the bids but its conditional on getting the REC owners out (35%) & Archer Capital 65%.

My money (my guess) is the group headed up by Mark Skaife with Craig Kelly organising the funding out of the US.

They should have adapted GT3 regs so the cars could cross over racing series.

DTM has gone to GT3 for 2021 & young Kiwi Liam Lawson has a Red Bull drive in a Ferrari 488:

Lawson won last month:

It's never really taken off here, because of our silly infatuation with Supercars, but it's a better series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back