Prediction The 2020 Norm Smith Medallist is ...

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
... have a crack.

reckon the media and AFL will be pushing a Dustin Martin narrative real hard; he has been a stellar Finals performer so perhaps for once the overblown hype is matched by actual output.

If Geelong are to go all the way, then I'll go out on a limb and say either Tom Stewart of Brandan Parfitt - I'm leaning toward Stewart; he has been in sizzling form.

For the Tigers obviously Martin is the standout but I also reckon Prestia is a go.

Oh * off

There is hype around Martin BECAUSE of his output.

Watch a game.

He's been a far better big time performer than Dangerfield so far, but they have equal hype.

HR Roughnstuf

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gary Rohan

Sep 15, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh fu** off

There is hype around Martin BECAUSE of his output.

Watch a game.

He's been a far better big time performer than Dangerfield so far, but they have equal hype.

Can you read dude? I very clearly stated that the hype is matched by the onfield output ... go have a lie down, you seem a bit grumpy ..

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
If Richmond win, it will be Dusty

The fallout narrative will be whether the cats made a fundamental mistake by relying on team defence to curtail him, which failed, and the renewed importance of the hard tag/lock down midfielder

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dusty to be about the 5th best player on the ground and win it. He will be good enough so that everyone will be able to rationalize it and go "he stood up in those big moments", but deep down we will all know he wasn't actually the best.

Pickett seems to have emerged as a favourite for the Leon, but it's harder to win in a winning side, which I think will be Richmond fairly easily.

I am going with the tried and tested Gary Rohan to continue his 2014 and 2016 pattern of backing up a strong prelim performance with a Leon contender effort on Grand Final day to take it out in 2020.

Well, apart from the terrible reasoning, I still nailed both calls.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
And the 2021 Norm Smith Medalist is.....

Tossing up between Gawn, Petracca or Oliver but leaning towards Gawn having another big one.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him spend a bit more time on ball as the premier ruckman
I put $50 on Dusty.

Desync

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Max Gawn.

Franc de Borges

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2010
Behind Sunglasses
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Australia
My rationale for picking the NSM winner is always:

1) Non-forward that kicks goals
2) Speedy half-back that breaks lines
3) Dominant midfielder that kicks goals

Ideally you want a combination of the first two (a la Byron Pickett) but it usually works pretty well.

This year I'm going for Bailey Dale in a Western Bulldogs upset.

Back