List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Jetta thing is curious. I mean since he hurt his knee last year he’s never been the same. To think he could go on for 2 more years is being very hopeful. Perhaps Buckley also wants him there from a leadership and cultural perspective. I love Nev and it would be sad to see him go.

The Jetta thing is curious. I mean since he hurt his knee last year he’s never been the same. To think he could go on for 2 more years is being very hopeful. Perhaps Buckley also wants him there from a leadership and cultural perspective. I love Nev and it would be sad to see him go.

You have to let him go. Would fairly hypocritical of me to say keep Nev and * off Jones also (just coz I like Nev more). Even though I think Nev is of more use slightly, it's basically the same thing.

Nev would be great to keep around the club even after he retires as a leader/role model possibility in a coaching role. But if he wants to extend his career and have better opportunity of playing next year we won’t stand in his way.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I’ve just caught up on last 5-6 pages. The notion of some opposition particularly some Carlton supporters that trading Oliver for 2 first rounders and cap space in somehow beneficial to Melbourne is ridiculous. I mean we have one of the best mids in the comp and we trade for two 18 year olds that could be duds. And we aren’t screaming out for cap space either. Also Mahoney and Goodwin are fighting for their jobs. Hardly going to let Oliver walk. You’d have to guarantee we got an elite player back in. But I’d be keeping Oliver.
So you didn't read the last 5-6 pages.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’m in... which one?
Just think of the history making event if Corey got up without even playing a game - such was his talent and dominance! No disrespect to Josh but I reckon Corey’s my man

Last edited:
Just think of the history making event if Corey got up without even playing a game - such was his talent and dominance! Not disrespect to Josh but I reckon Corey’s my man
Corey sucks coz he doesn't trigger nearly as many members of this board.

A Joel Smith & Josh Wagner dead heat is the brownlow result Im after.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Oh I’m in for the trifecta also. If this comes off I never need to work again

Oh I’m in for the trifecta also. If this comes off I never need to work again

Nathan Jones is the third player in the trio then. We can't forget blitz.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

An yet such different players, Smith does incredibly athletic things at times and ya think maybe you could polish him into something but is infuriatingly bad other times, Wagner is just a blue collar worker who's not that good but people decided they didn't like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
An yet such different players, Smith does incredibly athletic things at times and ya think maybe you could polish him into something but is infuriatingly bad other times, Wagner is just a blue collar worker who's not that good but people decided they didn't like him.
I dont mind either. Smith looked good early but always injured so hopefully gets a proper run. Wagner is just unlucky hes in 1 of the 3 positions we have plenty in(medium sized 'defender', inside mid, medium sized forward) most other teams hed probably get a game everyweek as he doesnt * up much can defend most players and wouldnt have to defend in our horrible game plan of letting opp waltz out of our forward line. wont get another gig but isn't a as bad as *ers make him out. Jones on the other hand🤣🤣

Alpine Lodger

Senior List
Aug 12, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Supersonics
Gunston and Smith sound good. Only campaigners that can kick plz
I just hope in the off chance Smith does come to the Dees, doesnt catch the Melbourne virus the way Jordan Lewis did. Lewis one of the best ball users at Hawthorn, suddenly began shanking his kicks as a Demons player and turning it over ala Dom Tyson.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I just hope in the off chance Smith does come to the Dees, doesnt catch the Melbourne virus the way Jordan Lewis did. Lewis one of the best ball users at Hawthorn, suddenly began shanking his kicks as a Demons player and turning it over ala Dom Tyson.
Hawks used the full width of the G, Lewis was trying to kick while our whole midfield was in his back pocket asking for a handball

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I find it an indictment on this club and specifically our current crop of senior and emerging leaders that we aren't able to make a decision on guys like Jones and Nev based purely on their likelihood of making an on-field contribution next season.
If Gawn, Viney, Trac, Melk, Hibbo, TMac, May etc can't provide the leadership our players need then that's the problem and it won't be fixed by holding on to the past.
Both Nev and Jones have been great servants of the club through an immensely difficult time but if they're not in our best 25 heading in to next season then trade/delist calls have to be made. This isn't about a cleanout like the Neeld years, we've got enough experience in the team if those guys step up

Kozzie went to a private school in Adelaide you moron, stop assuming just because hes black he's some shy kid from the bush who needs adult mentors.

Yeah was gonna say, I follow him on instagram and he doesn't appear to be overly shy. Bit of personality there thats for sure.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne

There's a depressingly good chance that will happen. Lewis was a genuinely elite kick in his Hawks days, Smith is pretty good but also kicks his fair share of helicopters. Amazing how a 60m mongrel punt tends to work out beautifully for good teams but when produced by someone in a Dees jumper inevitably goes straight down the throat of the opposition.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Dunno about that. He’s a bit of a show pony - called Cassowary for his attention to his appearance - and the first thing he does after a goal is try and pretend he’s not obsessively watching the replay.
Fair enough. I could overlook just about any deficiency for solid facial expressions tho, and Mitch pull amazing faces every time I see him on TV. Fantastic bottom lip curl.
My 5 second google search doesn't do it justice, look out for it next time you're watching a replay.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 4.53.56 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 4.45.24 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 4.45.12 pm.png

(Can't blame him for wanting to check himself out on the big screen? Check out that "Blue Steel"!!!).
iu

Anyway I could probably post 100 more picks of Mitch but I'll save it for another thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back